“Very nice Brunch!”

Ranked #97 of 127 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: American, Bar, European, Belgian, Grill
Good for: Kids, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waterloo, Belgium
“Very nice Brunch!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

While I haven't had dinner here, their "super brunch" is amazing!

I used to go here every sunday with my family when we lived rather close-by.
The staff is always happy to help, especially if you're there with children. (They even have a cotton candy machine and balloons!)

The brunch is always different, but does of course always serve "the basics" if you like that. (Croissantes, pancakes, cereal, danone, etc), but the variety of different cheeses, ham, etc is always different, which makes for a refreshing visit every time you go there!

The unlimited refills of Cava, wine, coffee, etc is also a nice touch!

All-in-all, it's definitely my favourite brunch restaurant in Belgium.
Most other brunches, especially those in Brussels, seem to either be for hipsters or are too posh for a relaxed sunday brunch in my opinion.

So if you're just looking for a nice & cozy brunch restaurant to go to with friends and family, I would definitely suggest La Pomme!

Pro tip: When you're being seated, ask for fresh egg and bacon as well as freshly squeezed orange juice. It's not always included (depending on how often you visit of course), but you won't regret ordering it!

• Visited December 2013

Brussels, Belgium
“very bad service and dodgy billing”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Three friends and I went there for drinks. The waiters were so amateurish that they got our orders wrong several times and hey weren't even gracious enough to apologise or just smile. When I asked for the bill, they told us the total was 58 EUR (for 5 soft drinks and 3 cocktails!!!!) and pretended that their till was broken so they couldn't give us a receipt. Very dodgy! We decided not to cause a scene but vowed never to set foot there ever agin. Plenty of other bars in Waterloo

Visited October 2013
3 Thank LisaK_511
Brussels, Belgium
“Slow Service”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

First of all, I would like to mention the extreme slow service La Pomme offers to its guests. Besides the fact that service is often slow, it is also often wrong. I have been there four times now and almost always they forgot something. Once I had ordered nachos to start and then a burger. But they first brought us our burgers and then our nachos (which by then we no longer wanted). They did offer us to return them to the kitchen.

I believe it is a great place to get drinks and eat some popcorn or nachos at the same time. If its for dinner, expect some delays in the kitchen.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank KPRory
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“NO NO NO &.. NO !!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Hahaha where should i start about this BAD "RESTAURANT" ?

So, the location and decoration are nice, i have to admit it, but that's it!

The food was (OMG) really POOR, pathetic fried (especially for a restaurant in Belgium) and thr burgers my friends and I had were dry, the meat was burned outside and had a weird taste kinda like anise, so we asked the waitress if the "cher" has been using anise as an herb. She just looked at us like we were bothering her so much and didn't even asked to someone she was just like "i don't know" and left.

And yeah, second point, the BAD SERVICE, PATHETIC! The waitress sounded rude and unfriendly, she wasn't keen to reply to any of our questions about the menu or to give us some suggestions.

Not even gonna mention that this restaurant is actually not cheap at all!

We left like "what the heck, never again here!"

I would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER recommand this PATHETIC restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Thomas B
Waterloo, Belgium
“love it”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I love the place, I have never tried a real meal though... I dont really want to either anyway, it is more a little pub for drinks and not for dinner

Visited December 2012