“NOT A 3 STAR by far”

Hotel George V
Ranked #177 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
“NOT A 3 STAR by far”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I booked through booking.com and have never been disappointed. This hotel had nothing but missing parts and all it stated on booking.cim was a lie. Mini bar = a dirty empty small fridge with rust that did not work. There was a safe in the room but did not work. Plastic hangers from the 70s. Location is ok, but it's still a walk and the area of town is a little shady. Bathroom tub and toilet are dirty. Towels looked brown. I contacted booking.com and they stated the ratings came from the hotel people. I call this false advertising.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Paty B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is family run and they are very pleasant however wifi or card payment machine did not work which let the hotel down! It's not very easy to find however once u find it grand place is only a ten to fifteen minute walk away and the cafe by the hotel is just awesome they have free working wifi. It's ok for budget as was not too expensive I personally wouldn't stay here again as it was too awkward to find and after walking around for 2 hours did I find it as located on a back street.

• Stayed July 2014
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good things:
- Very close to the city centre
- Quite quiet neighbourhood
- Helpful staff - they told us where to find the most famous Belgian Fries place
- Breakfast included
- Towels

Bad things:
- We've got the room just next to the reception - you could hear an anxious sound of ceiling being stretched when someone upstairs was walking.
- I don't get it. The duvet was just a think thin-blanket-like something. I wonder if they use the same during winter... And there was only one - but that was a queens bed...
- Definately get up early as the breakfast runs out fast. The service did not care about filling the hot water pot and we have stayed with orange juice. Selection is minimal.

But still, If I were to go to Brussesls again I would consider staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Just back me and five other guys we rate it 2* the building is old but i would say it met our requirements.rooms a bit dated but clean enough breakie ok typical conti style.location ok although the st looks quite bleak we walked at all hrs and never seen anything untoward.staff very helpful and got us the taxi we wanted at 44euro as opp to their 60. It is a 15 walk to grand place couple of local bars the irish one cetica had the best offers sml beer frm one euro corona strongbow and 16 others 2 euro the taxi company was city airport taxis.cheers Pat.Martin.Budgie.Toddy.George.andTom the bomb

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Padris

Travellers are raving about these Brussels hotels

San Antonio
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We used priceline, which was a big mistake. Priceline is a terrible, terrible company and I advise anybody to avoid them at all cost.
Discouraged by the bad reviews on here we tried to change the hotel, but priceline steadfast refused.
We got to the hotel at around 8:30PM.... It is in a dodgy area of brussels and there is absolutely no parking. There isn't even a spot to stop for a minute and unload. All sidewalks are blocked off by metal pillars so you can't even pull over to unload. The roads a maze of oneways so if you are forced to loop around it will take a good 7 minutes to get back to the hotel. It was so unappealing that we decided to forgo our prepaid room and booked another hotel (Ibis Budget)

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Tim J
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

To start with I am a bloke and can deal with anything!!! My girlfriend will take anything that gets dealt also. Unfortunately on this occasion my girlfriend explained to me in no uncertain terms that I made the wrong choice. The room was small which was ok. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. THEN THE SHOWER. You couldn't move in the shower without accidentally hitting or just simply brushing past the heat control which would make it burning hot or cold. My girlfriend didn't have any room in there to wash her locks which caused me another ear bashing. She promptly complained and the staff were very attentive. We got a new room. Very nice. The only problem with it was the lack of plugs so we were fighting to charge our appliances. The shower was better but still in need of updating. It wasn't fixed so every time you didn't control it it just faced to the floor and you didn't get sprayed with water. The shower head also fell out of its grip. Unfortunately this fell straight on my toe and broke it. This was the last day so I was unable to say anything because I wanted to get home. You know the time it takes with airlines etc,. It is definateley not 3 star. It is 1/2. If you have a tight budget then yes. The breakfast is good, the staff are fantastic. But it is a budget hotel. Also room 203 is poor.

Room Tip: Avoid room 203