“Ok...”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It's fancy (pizza cut with scissors) and popular, but it's expensive. You get 2 slices of pizza and a drink for 9 EUR at lunchtime. I'm pretty sure that one could get an entire pizza at a real Italian resto somewhere in Brussels for that price. Also the pizza there is quite greasy.

There are newer reviews for Mamma Roma Flagey

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Don't go with the expectation of getting a large, authentic, wood fired oven, thin crust pizza. I have been to Mamma Roma a number of times. Mamma Roma is different and it is for this difference that I suggest, you give it a shot. You can try a variety of pizzas as they are sold by the piece and weight; along with a nice cold can of Jupiler. The pizza toppings too, are not the standard ones (I wasn't sure before I tried it, but I liked their Potato and truffle topping). A a great spot for a quick meal.

Unfortunately, Mamma Roma's thunder is stolen by Maison Antoine (the famed Belgian friterie) which is just across the street.

The last time I was here was in the summer of 2010.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wow…so many different types of pizza to choose from. They are recently baked and then warmed up for you when you order. We had tried 3 different types that night - since you pay buy the weight you can get smaller slices and try different variety. Loved the crust.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We came along to Mamma Roma as it had such high ratings on Trip Advisor. We'd never been before and when we walked in no one was serving. The female waitress was in the kitchen, texting on her phone and completely ignoring us. When she finally did come out (after us having to try calling into the kitchen for her) she was extremely rude. We had no idea how the concept worked and tried ordering pizzas from the menu. We were told it was only what was out - hardly any of which was vegetarian. We were stuck with the three choices which were out, between both of us. She then cut them with scissors, and weighed each slice. When it was more expensive than on the menu, we asked why and she explained the menu was per 100g. Fair enough, except she said it so rudely, as if we should have known this already. When it did arrive the pizza was very tasty, but due to the poor service alone I wouldn't go back. It was as if they expected everyone to understand and to a foreigner who hasn't been there before and struggles with the language, the concept of cutting and weighing each slice (and also not actually being able to have most of what was on the menu) was just really confusing.

Also just looks really cheap, the whole place. We thought it was a restaurant - it looks more like a diner, or what you'd expect from a Subway or McDonalds.

Very tasty pizza, but female staff member rude and arrogant. Man was slightly better, but still not exactly friendly. Wouldn't go back. What a shame - our last meal in Brussels and we'd wanted it to be special. We ended up leaving as quickly as we could.

1  Thank ljsheridan
Reviewed 11 March 2014

When I am in Brussels I love to have a bite at Mamma Roma to have a pizza because:
- It's not the standard one's (Margerita etc.)
- I love the pizza crust (not fluffy)
- you can have a piece of different pizza's
- they have Perroni beer
The price is a bit higher, but the quality is ten times higher!