“Excellent !”
Review of Los Ponchos

Los Ponchos
Reserve with
Los Ponchos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 3,715 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$20 - US$47
Cuisines: Chilean, Mexican, South American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

In search of mexican dishes in Brussels we were recommended by some friends to try out los ponchos. From the starters till the desserts everything was impeccable. The wine list is also another big plus and a separate lounge downstairs area where you can enjoy a good drink after dinner. We felt were welconed there and the waiter was patient and very friendly. A great place to enjoy slow food meal... For sure we will go again!

2  Thank Tiah2510

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I went with some friends, and all in all, we liked.
It's not mexican,it's not southamerican, it's a mix.
The starters are fine, and main courses, although noy very varied, are fine.
Service was attentive. The restaurant was almost empty on a firday night!
Don't think you are going to find an authenyic mexican restaurant, but you'll have a pleasant evening.

1  Thank Bruselense
Reviewed 23 July 2013

It is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Brussels. The food is really tasty, I love their palta reina, provoleta a la parrilla and burritos. To be honest everything I have tried there was delicious. What more the presentation of the dishes is amazing. Los Ponchos do not serve the typical tex-mex, its rather Latin-American cuisine with innovative, elegant and fancy presentation. Apart from that they serve the best caipirinha in town! If you go there, do not miss their lovely garden.

2  Thank Magdalena S
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant for a lunch while on a day off this month. We were a bit unsure what to expect given the mixed reviews we've seen about this place on this forum or other review websites but my husband loves Mexican food so he really wanted to try this place and the dishes on their menu looked very nice. And we are so glad we went. We had an aperitive drink (which was served with small bread pieces and fresh spicy home-made salsa), then a warm starter and a main dish each and a small bottle of water (72 euro for both of us). We would have gone for dessert if we still had room left for eating anything more. The food we had was really delicious and the service was very nice. The restaurant was quite empty (holiday season here right now) so perhaps it helped having all attention of the main person in the place for us but still the meal presentation was well done and the serving quick and efficient. Food was very fresh and tasty. I had the chicken with chocolate and spicy sauce as main dish (I recommend if you want something unusual but not too hot - I put a picture with this review) while my husband had the burrito with beef meat (I tasted it, it was great). So definitely a place to visit again. We sat in the back garden given the warm weather but the inside of the restaurant looked very nice and clean (not at all kitschy, as I read on other forums). Bottomline, we would go again and recommend this place for people who'd like some Latino cuisine. I cannot judge if it's exactly like food from Latine America as I've never visited these countries but what I can say is that what we ate tasted great.

2  Thank Isabelle S
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have read many nice comments for this restaurant but despite the look of the dishes (presentation) was really nice and innvoative and unusual expecially for mexican food the taste of the food was really giving the idea of frozen food. The staf was nice and the atmosphere was ok.

1  Thank Giriguildo