“quirky rustic dining experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 3,492 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Belgian, Bar, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Shropshire
“quirky rustic dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Chose this place due to close proximity to the hotel we were stopping at. Very quirky with relaxed atmosphere. Friendly service, we only had burgers but they were enjoyable...
It was very busy with people coming in every few mins for a table..so obviously a popular brasserie..
Definitely worth trying if staying in one of the close by hotels..

Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Full of character (and I don't just mean the staff)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The restaurant was opposite my hotel, and hasoutside seating, and 2 floors inside. Careful of thesteep stairs up to the 1st floor. Really welcoming atmosphere, and the staff made me feel very welcome, and seated me quickly. It was very busy, even on a Wednesday night. I was offered complimentary bread and hummus, which was really lovely, homemade bread as well.
I ordered the meat loaf, and it was really good. 2 good slices, or were they slabs, with mash, salad and just enough gravy to mop it up with.
I decided to have dessert, andoptec for the Tiramisu, which was okay, but not overly flavorsome.
I finished with coffee and a glass of Amaretto, which finished the meal off brilliantly.
Overall I was very pleased with my meal, the service etc.
Would I eat there again? DEFINITELY, in fact I am going there again tonight.

• Visited March 2014
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had lunch with my ex girlfriend there. Great restaurant with tasty food. Price was reasonable and customer service was not that bad. A bit slow like every other places in Brussels!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unpretentious and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was a convenient place to eat on our first night in Brussels as it was near the hotel. It is popular and does get busy so we were relieved that we'd got there for an early meal.
There service is friendly although the waiters are quite rushed - it is fairly fast-paced meal setting with high quick turnover of tables.
We were pleasantly surprised by the food - really good and plenty of it. There are some decent healthy options too - my goat's cheese salad was huge and superb with a whole variety of excellent fresh ingredients.
All in all, excellent value for a quick meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Was right next to our hotel so went in for lunch. Staff were welcoming and accommodating.

Both had tea to drink. I had rabbit in a cherry beer sauce from the specials board; wife had cheesy beignets with a side of fries as a main. Both were very good.

We both left full and happy, so would recommend it. Saw someone on the table next to us get a burger and they looked superb, so would try one of those next time.