“Interesting dishes and very good service”
Review of switch restofood - CLOSED

switch restofood
Price range: US$37 - US$88
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Interesting dishes and very good service”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a lovely evening with interesting, creative dishes, an unexpected and delicious amuse bouche and friendly, helpful service. Will definitely recommend and return on a future trip to Brussels.

• Visited November 2013

Brussels, Belgium
“Average to good food, nice atmosphere, reliable.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have been here several times - its reliable and pleasant. The menu does not surprise but has a good selection of starters and main courses. The menu of 35 Euro is good value. The fish is excellent. Wine is good and there are some reasonable priced finds. The decor is not my thing and a bit over-designed. Reservation necessary - as they have several sittings, you may be asked to come either early or late (after 9 PM).

• Visited October 2013
Luxembourg
“To be blacklisted”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After a couple of good lunchtime experiences at Switch's last year we wanted to have dinner with a party of four. I called the day before to book a table and I was told that there was just one table left. Nothing wrong about that, I assumed. As I wanted to book for 8:00 pm I was told they had a party of 14 arriving at that time, and that they would appreciate if we came later, at about 8:30 pm. I realized they had a point in not having everybody arriving at the same time, so I suggested to arrive at 7:30 pm, well before the big group. This was fine for them.
When my wife and I arrived (somewhat earlier than our friends), we were first led to a nice, round table near the window, but, as we were just about to sit down, the waiter changed his mind and declared: "No, that's actually not your table, yours is at the back of the restaurant". When I saw a high table and bar stools, I immediately said that this type of furniture was no longer acceptable for people of our age (we are in our fifties...) and that we would rather leave than to accept this furniture that might possibly be at its right place in some fast-food venue.
His reaction was amazing: "Who knows? Maybe the people who will be sitting at the window table are even older than you!" I prefer to skip the unpleasant words we exchanged before we left the premises.

Eventually, we had a nice dinner at the Huitrière, were the waiting staff was friendly and dinner well above average.

• Visited August 2013
“A restaurant with nice food and service.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I went there with my friends tonight and all of us loved food and service there.
Staff take good care of customers and explain all menus in English.

Visited August 2013
New York
“surprising and friendly”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After a few days of eating the good but predictable food at most restaurants in the center of Brussels we found Switch. The food is prepared carefully and creatively, the service is friendly, the atmosphere is great. You get a real break from the touristy, the tired old standard menus, and the commercial.

• Visited November 2012