Checked in for one night and was shown to the next door property. A three room apartment for €120 cant be beaten. Two bedrooms, large bathroom and sitting room, all complemented by a spacious full kitchen. Ideal for a long-term stay in the heart of the EU. Hotel location excellent, 20m from St Catherine metro station and in a very up and coming neighbourhood that has not been over-gentrified. In winter the square at the end of the street becomes the christmas market.
Breakfast very simple but filling, rolls, pastries and jam. Fresh fruit available. The reception person was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were spotless and furnished in a modern minimalist style. Some furniture had seen better days.
Only slight concerns are the lack of rails in the Bath/Shower, no evident smoke detectors and lack of an evacuation plan. Maybe I missed them.
This is to be recommended if you are travelling with a small group, if you want to live for a few days like a citizen of the city. The absolute coolest part is having a door key to a front door just like the locals !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Les Ecrins is situated in a quiet street in the heart of Brussels at Place St. Catherine - the old Fish Market of Brussels, 6 minutes walking distance from the famous Grand Place, 15 minutes from E.C.Headquarters.It is nearby the St Catherine subway station and 20 minutes away from the national airport Zaventem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Residence Les Ecrins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Les Ecrins Hotel Brussels
- Residence Les Ecrins Brussels