I booked a single standard for three nights and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was upgraded to a spacious triple with one double bed and a single bed. The room was on the second floor facing the street. The hotel is on a small residential street about half a block from the St. Catherine metro stop. Although the windows are new and have double paned glass, some noise from cars passing over the cobblestone street can be heard. However, because it is a quiet residential street, there is no noise to be heard after 9 or 10 at night, so light sleepers should have no problem.
The bathroom is spacious and well appointed. The cabinet is a cute shabby chic and the bathroom has a full shower and bathtub (uncommon in European hotels) with a towel warmer that came in handy on the cold November nights of my stay.
The breakfast includes several different types of bread (all fresh and delicious) and spreads with fruit, coffee and orange juice. It's served by the host, who is gracious and friendly and provides a warm welcome to all his guests. I arrived in the morning and was allowed to check in. Edward gave me a map with great instructions on how to get to the places I was going.
The neighborhood is where an old fish market used to be and now has a lot of really good seafood restaurants. If you need anything, there is a Carrefour's grocery store on the square about a block in the opposite direction from the metro entrance. St. Catherine's metro is on the 1 and 5 lines that are just 2 stops from the Gare Central, the train station that will take you to the airport and anywhere in Europe that the trains run. For these reasons, you can't beat the location of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Les Ecrins is situated in a quiet street in the heart of Brussels at Place St. Catherine - the old Fish Market of Brussels, 6 minutes walking distance from the famous Grand Place, 15 minutes from E.C.Headquarters.It is nearby the St Catherine subway station and 20 minutes away from the national airport Zaventem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Residence Les Ecrins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Les Ecrins Hotel Brussels
- Residence Les Ecrins Brussels