“Good Place For Breakfast”

Aux Gaufres de Bruxelles
Ranked #23 of 60 Dessert in Brussels
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
London, United Kingdom
“Good Place For Breakfast”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My friends and I came here pretty much every morning during our stay in Brussels for breakfast. Occasionally we came in for lunch, but mostly we came in the morning for coffees and croissants. The food isn't spectacular, but it is fairly priced which is good. My friend said that their waffles were incredible, but the meals I ate at breakfast and lunch were mostly average. Nice coffee though, and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Food was poor”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I came here for dinner but sadly the food wasn't good considering the price. I ordered meatballs with fries/salad. They arrived almost immediately which was a bad sign. Meatballs tasted as if out of a can, fries were frozen and over cooked. The salad was poor. I had a glass of rose and it came to almost 20 euros. For the same you could have a steak or muscles in other places. The service was prompt but very cold.

Plano, Texas
“Hit the spot!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Brussels waffle as good as I hoped! Really busy mid morning. Indoor and outdoor seating in summer - most outdoor tables covered by umbrellas, but not all.

Waffle add-ons of any kind are pricy (even whipped cream is 1.30EU), that's the only reason for a star removal.

Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“Thought we would grab a snack, ended eating a delicacy!!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a little time before our tour began so we dropped in for brunch. What a surprise!! The Belgium waffles were super with bananas and whipped cream. Definitely a return trip is warranted.
The waffles are so scrumptious!

Visited June 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“The spot for breakfast waffles”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After walking around a bit in The Grand Place, I asked a shop owner where would be the best place to find Belgiam waffles for breakfast. It seemed there were a lot of quick service places and some did not look very fresh, clean or reputable in this busy touristy area.

I was directed to this excellent restaurant and cafe. I walked up to the service counter off the square/street rather than dining inside the building. here were cafe tables and chairs set up on the sidewalk.

This was hands down the best food and experience I had on my 2 day Brussels experience. It was so nice to sit and enjoy people watching on what turned out to be a holiday morning.

They had a couple of different kinds of waffles displayed and each was freshly made in front of me while I waited. They had a menu of toppings that could be added. I went for the Speculoos (a nut free spread made of caramelized ginger bread cookies) and fresh sliced bananas. DELICIOUS!!!

The price was acceptable and they had many other things on the menu for breakfast and lunch. Service was friendly and helpful for this American tourist that had lots of questions about a simple waffle purchase.

I highly recommend this little gem in Brussels right across the market square from the Chocopolis Chocolate shop on rue du marché aux herbes.

• Visited June 2014