“Excellent Belgian fare with reasonable prices”
Review of Nuetnigenough

Nuetnigenough
Ranked #60 of 3,883 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Belgian, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Excellent food in a warm atmosphere. We three had the fish soup with mussels and saffron, followed by the carbonnades. Though the carbonnades (and stoemp and fries) were delicious, the fish soup was just exquisite. The three entrees and mains, plus a beer and a 1l bottle of water came to 79 euros. The waiter was very attentive and friendly. Definitely would recommend for anyone looking for good quality traditional Belgian fare with reasonable prices.

1  Thank J P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

There was a very awkward moment when the impolite waiter told me I knew nothing about good food when I ordered my steak well done.
Beside his lousy bedside manner it was also good to see almost the entire staff, including the chef, went outside to smoke cigarettes the entire time.
Did they wash their hands?
Also the pictures on the walls about murderers and paedophiles created a macabre atmosphere and gave me a weird “Adams family” welcome.

3  Thank DimitriVanLoey
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Amazing food, amazing service, amazing price. Visited here as it was just around the corner from our hotel and it was getting fairly late. Waitress service was fantastic, discussed the menu in detail providing excellent information on the produce.
Speaks fluent English - you've got to visit nuetnigenough if you're in Brussels! Will definitely go again when I visit Brussels next!! You've got to try!

2  Thank rushtonc
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We ate here twice - one lunch, one dinner (same prices) - and found the food very enjoyable. Waterzooi, carbonnade, they do all the specialties well. The main dishes are generally under 20 Euros, making this place well-prices in comparison with other Brussels restaurants. And you certainly get plenty of food for the money. Side dishes are included but the waiter has his idea of what goes with what. I didn't want frites; asked for vegetables. They brought frites. I politely asked for vegetables. A few minutes later he bought a mountain of green beans ... which were very good. The beer list is amazing.

Inside it's tiny and crowded. Be aware they won't give a table for 4 to 2 or 3 people, even if said table is empty! We ate one meal outside--not really a charming street, but there's more elbow room there.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ate here two out of our 3 nights in Brussels. The food was amazing. I had both the Rochefort beef stew and XX Bitter Pork Loin. Nice big portions and both came with a side of bread. My wife had the rabbit saddle and veg lasagne, gorgeous.

Great selection of beer too, some unusual stuff that doesnt seem to be served elsewhere, and we went to all the main beer spots.

Try get there about 7.30 or so as it is small and fills up quickly but you can wait outside or at the bar with a drink, it will be worth the wait.

1  Thank stuchyg