“Excellent choice!”

Bed and Breakfast Leopold II
Ranked #12 of 209 Brussels B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I strongly recommend B&B Leopold II to any traveller in Brussels. Location is very good, since lines 2 and 6 of the metro are very near, and they allow to reach the city center very fast. But I specially liked the friendliness of Pascal, the person in charge. He really showed an interest for meking me have a nice time, and was just absolutely great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Javier F
There are newer reviews for Bed and Breakfast Leopold II

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Leopold II B&B and apartments is a nice buliding, located near to the metro station Simonis ( aprox. 5 minutes walk) and one can reach the citycenter within 15 minutes this way. The apartment we were using is spatious, with nice big bed and fully equipped kitchen, nice bathroom and a separate toilet. In case you want, you can get breakfast downstairs, but you can find shops near by the metro station to buy food as well.
Pascal is an extremely nice host, he is very helpful in all instances and available in most part of the day.
In summary this place is very good on value/price and I should recommend it for all looking for a comfortable place to stay in Brussels.

Room Tip: Our room vas looking at the street, however silent enough, but you can ask Pascal before you make yo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Pascal is a great host - nothing is too much trouble but absolutely not intrusive. He's got the balance just right. His knowledge and advice made our trip to Brussels a pleasure - we were able to plan and prioitise our time effectively and had terrific short break in an city previously unknown to us. Our room was beautifully decorated in a colonial theme and the B&B is well equipped. Top marks and good value.

Room Tip: We had the colonial room at the rear of the property and it was very peaceful day and night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimDevon_England
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Leopold II was great value for money and boasted a lovely room (the Kings room), a great host (Pascal), and a great location (just 15 minutes walk to the cities busiest streets, and a reasonable residential area, with good bars and restaurants). Pascal recommended a couple of local eateries, and even printed a map and highlighted them, we ate at La Luna (twice) and Vintage as a result, finding them excellent and well priced. The service and atmosphere at La Luna was superb. The area itself may seem a little down-heeled for some, but we found it okay- it's a normal, relatively working class inner city area really, much like where I live myself. There were certainly no areas of concern in terms of safety as intimated in other reviews and the locals were friendly and accommodating of our rudimentary french in bars and cafe's we visited. It's also only 3 minutes walk to Simonis tube station.

The room was very spacious, and we found it very clean, though at first we were disappointed to
find stained pillows without cases, though in the morning Pascal explained without being prompted that he had had a 'logistical problem' and would have cases for us by that night. The breakfast was a lovely continental buffet of ham, prosciutto and cheeses, with a bread basket, plenty of spreads and marmalades and some Belgian obscurities, as well as yogurt and cereal.
My girlfriend also loved Pascals 3 cats, who were never in the way as they lounged around the living room, well away from guests. I also thought it was a nice touch that there was a fridge with soft drinks, Hoegaarden and Jupiler all for one euro each in a communal kitchen, as well as a laptop for all to use, as well as guidebooks and a coffee machine.

Overall, a great and comfortable stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I booked this B&B based on the good reviews on the internet. And it turned out to be very nice indeed.

I spent two nights in the small, nicely decorated room on the top floor. The B&B was a 5-min walk away from a metro station, so it was very convenient. The room was comfortable, and the breakfast was adequate. The host was kind and considerate. He gave me clear directions on how to get to the B&B, emailed me about the railway strike that would affect my journey (if he hadn't told me I wouldn't have known about it) so that I could adjust my plans, helped take my heavy luggage up flights of stairs, and he kept three adorable cats!

I found the room a bit cold at night and wondered if it was just because I didn’t know how to turn on the heating ... But overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This b&b was quite nice, the location is not that great though, it is in a bit of a dodgy area. We certainly did not want to venture out at night. To get into the actual city, was about a 25 minute walk. The room itself was nice, however, could have been cleaner, the bathroom floor was pretty dirty, lots of hair. The breakfast was good. The owner was also helpful. Would stay again if we were ever back in Brussels.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Sbev7
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Great bed and breakfast, Pascal is a very nice host and very helpful on where to go and how to get around Brussels. He recommended a lovely Italian Restaurant around the corner - La Luna - that was to die for (and nicely priced). We stayed in the Colonial Room which is small but perfect for our needs - the bed is very comfortable! The B&B is a bit away from the center, but taking the subway makes it quick if you need to get there in a hurry (like we did for a bike tour that we almost missed!)

Room Tip: The apartments look AMAZING for those traveling in a larger group or who want to stay for some time...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple