“Great choice”

Ranked #829 of 3,828 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had some problems finding a restaurant in Belgium (first in Bruges, then in Brussels) because they use to close at 9pm (which is not exactly like in Switzerland or in Italy). We also got some problems booking a table, as many restaurants weren't answering to the phone. So we asked the reception of our hotel and they suggested the Brasserie Royal. I have to admit that it was a great suggestion: the restaurant is located in a nice area, not far from the Grande Place, but not touristic at all. The girl who served us was really friendly and kind. I got an entrée of croquettes au crevettes (soooo goood) and croquettes au fromage, and then a "duo" of tartare. The tartare is a bit difference from the one we're used to, but it was good. The furnitures is modern and the kitchen is open space, so you can see who is cooking and how they cook. Price was absolutely normal. The only negative point is that it was a bit noisy.
I would recommend it.

1  Thank Gipsyqueen90

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been to Brussels a number of times but I regret to say that I never visited this restaurant. The food and service were excellent. It has a very nice and friendly atmosphere and it is good value for money. I strongly recommend it and I will make it a point to visit it again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Royal has pretty much everything you would be looking for in a decent restaurant- Yummy food, good price tag, and nice service!

We had the mussels as starter and it was amazing, especially after trying the ones at those touristy restaurants (Ew, I know). I wish I could have those mussels for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday!!! As the the main course, I had the steak and nothing to complain about! The kitchen did a good job!

I will totally come back here again!

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I've been here a lot. Always a nice atmosphere, friendly service and great food. Never disappointed.
Can be very crowded in the late evening (9Pm). Best to make reservations in the weekend. Nice part of brussels as well.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

A restaurant with character - however most importantly one of the nicest steaks I have ever had. Friendly service with a menu in English available