“Nice and modern design flats, good value, efficient staff but facing very busy avenue”
Review of Suite Home Louise

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brussels
Suite Home Louise
Ranked #78 of 209 Brussels B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I booked the Suite Home chain by phone, which has flats in different buildings in the Louise area, the day before my trip to Brussels and I was able to get a reservation at Suite Hotel Louise. I had to extend my stay for 2 days and the management found an arrangement for me and I moved to another apartment in the same building. The management is in fact virtual because there is no reception in the building - contact is through the manager -a very polite and efficient person -either by phone or email. This was fine for me since checking in and out the flats was organised through a very simple and easy procedure through emails with clear indications. Payment was through direct debit of my credit card. Once in the flat, I had some minor issues and this was solved swiftly through the phone. The flats are spacious. The first flat I stayed in was rather dark due to the decoration - grey and black - but that did not bother me because the flats were modern and well equipped. The weak points were the bathroom - lack of proper light - so I could not shave properly - and the kitchen equipment. The flat only provides 2 tablets for the dishwasher and one kitchen towel. in my view, the dishwasher was not maintained properly i.e. not filled up with dishwasher salt and rinse aid, which I suppose I had to buy myself. The state of the dishwasher showed that there has been no follow-up of this simple maintenance procedure and as a result, I felt that cutlery and plates were not clean. Other aparthotels I stayed in provide usually dishwashing liquid in order to prevent using the dishwasher for a few cups and glasses. The flats are cleaned every day, except on weekends. Very convenient is the small supermarket on the ground floor, which is open every day, even on weekends and public holidays. There is a tram just in front of the flat to take you downtown. I had a car and I believe parking can be a problem (paid parking for maximum three hours), but I was l lucky (August) and I found parking in the sidestreets. The only big issue that I have is the location of the flat. The first flat I stayed in is right on the corner of the rue de l'Abbaye and the avenue Louise, which is very, very noisy. The second flat faces rue de l'Abbaye and has also noise from the avenue Louise. This avenue is a major point of entry in the city and there is heavy traffic from early in the morning until late at night. Unfortunately, the double glazing of the flats is of poor quality and lets all the traffic noise in the flat. There are traffic lights on the intersection av.Louise and rue de l'Abbaye and noise is amplified when cars go off when the traffic lights turn green. On top, there are the sirens of the police and ambulances, which can not wait until the traffic lights turn green. In short, I liked the flats but I was really bothered by the traffic, which prevented me from having a good night sleep throughout my stay. The noise problem did not seem to be a problem for the other persons who wrote reviews. However, if you are sensitive to noise, you might ask for flats in the back of the building, which, I believe, are also available.

Room Tip: ask for a flat in the back facing the courtyard
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My last stay lasted 24 days - previous stays were shorter and also at their 2 other properties (Suite Home abbaye and Suite Home stephanie) all of them located in prime locations with easy access to supermarkets.
Free internet( even hotels form so called 'budget' brands of international chains set you back 20 euros/day for internet!)- very spacious modern rooms- functional kitchinettes with all cooking utensils- branded expresso machine- fridge- microwave- dishwasher(!) cable (flatscreen)TV with international programs and in the basement a laundry.
2 (small) negative points: rooms could use better (stronger) lighting as mentionned in a previous review (for working) and lack of basic cleaning products in the kictchinette-(a shame to waste so much water and power by using the dishwasher for a couple plates/utensils)
What else could you ask for a price that beats basic hotel rates in an international capital city. (as a profesionnal traveler I do compare)
AFTER MY FIRST STAY I HAVE NEVER LOOKED FOR A HOTEL ANYMORE IN BRUSSELS! (that says it all)

Room Tip: contact managment directly through their website
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The hotel is located in Av. louise, very close to the Bois which is exellent for those who likes jogging and spend some time in the nature.
Every afternoon you get a "breakfast bag" into ur room and at the entrance of the hotel there is a great minimarket.
Every room has it own kitchen, salon and !@ the basemant you can do ur own laundry.

Room Tip: Upper flor room, not to Louise side.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bbruxtrip
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Good location, staff very friendly, very good place to stay

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo