“best meet in town”

Price range: US$26 - US$32
Cuisines: Argentinian, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Meet Meat: the steak house restaurant in the heart of Brussels European district, close to the Schuman roundabout where you can eat the best steak in an elegant but casual atmosphere. We offer a varied menu of simple and tasty dishes where we combine our passion for asado, the Argentinean barbecue, and Belgian standards of culinary experience. Open for lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday. Reservation is recommended.
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Authentic argentinian meat, they deliver best quality. Great salads as side dishes. One down is staff could be a bit rude/rushy when the place is full, otherwise they are usually ok. I've been there in several occassions and plan to keep on going. A bit expensive (around 30-35 euros per person including wine), but you are paying quality.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Really nice steakhouse, clean and modern. Best steak I've had in Brussels. If you've got a real appetite, ask for a bigger steak which isn't on the menu - I went for a 750g.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

One of the best steaks I'm brussels ... Steak salad for lunch great and great value too. Best to sit on benches at the back v. High chairs near kitchen. Reservations needed most nights.

2  Thank Aonghus M
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Really nice food and probably the best rib-eye in town, but check your bill before you pay.
I ordered a rib-eye and asked the waiter to have my french fries replaced by vegetables. He confirmed that it was no problem, and did not mention any extra charges.

My friend and I had a very nice lunch, but the experience was completely ruined when I saw the bill.

I was being charged extra for the vegetables and mayo (to go with the fries I didn't have and which was by the way included in the price on the menu). The waiter denied having agreed to my request and therefore I had to pay extra for the vegetables.

The owner of the restaurant agreed to take the mayo of the bill and I was given a speech on what an honest a man he was and good and loyal to his staff too!
Ohh – and by the way, I was the first client who had ever complained…. – so, I ended up paying, as I had obviously misunderstood the concept :-)

2  Thank 824Stine
Fernand W, Owner at Meet Meat Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Your negative comment about being charged for the vegetables and the extra sauce your took with your meal is unwarranted. On the menu, it's clearly indicated that the ribeye is "served with maître d’hôtel butter or chemichurri and salad and a choice of « frites » or jacket potato." Further down, under the heading sauces and side dishes available with the main course, we specify the price of the mayonnaise (€2) and the vegetables (€3,50). The bill reflected your order and was in line with the prices indicated on the menu. You can check it by yourself on our website http://www.meetmeat.be/index.php/en/carte/

Reviewed 12 June 2012

This all meat restaurant is a classic choice when you work in the European quarter and you feel like meat at lunch. I usually take pata negra and I can recommend it. The beef is also very good. Make sure to make a reservation as groups like going there.