2,632 results
All reviewsrocco fortethe grand placeconcierge staffperfect locationgreat hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelthe main squaredeluxe roomhotel restaurantthe heart of the citymanneken piscentral brusselscomfortable roomsbreakfast was includedvisiting brusselsamigos
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A very comfortable and welcoming Hotel located right next to the Grand Place in Brussels with wonderful Chocolate and Waffle shops near by.
The room was spacious that was very tastefully designed with great hanging space as well as a good bathroom and excellent mini bar. Very attentive staff and excellent concierge service.
Food was excellent in the bar downstairs (Tagliatelle alla Bolognese****) which is tied to the main Hotel restaurant Bocconi.
I would go out for breakfast in one of the many bakeries or coffee shops near the hotel.
Wi Fi is expensive after you finish your free 24 Hour pass.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charles D
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much from all of our team members for having taken the dedication to share your impressions on your recent stay with us.

Indeed, it is a delight for us to learn that our hotel’s facilities, services and location were outstanding.

Regarding the complimentary Wi-Fi, you are most welcome to renew it for each subsequent day.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo Brussels in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I could not fault the service in the Hotel Amigo, the staff could not have been more helpful, especially the door men, who have perfect ideas for trips and tours, nothing was too much trouble. The location is also wonderful right on the beautiful Grand Place, and equally as close to the Manneken Piss. An abundance of places to eat and shops also within stepping distance. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carole G
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your raving review.

What a genuine pleasure to learn that you had a memorable moment with us.

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Hotel Amigo is a very comfortable boutique hotel just a block off the Grand Place. The staff-are service oriented and seemed genuinely friendly.

The rooms and public areas are very nicely furnished. Wi-Fi is expensive: the first 24 hours are free at a low speed, then it costs €20 per day. However, they were having some problem on my first paying day and they waived the fee for my entire stay as a result. Bravo Amigo and thank you.

The bathrooms are well appointed in marble and have a heated floor. Luxurious towels; very nice toiletries. The art in the room was eclectic and pretty. Lots of BBC channels on the telly! The breakfast buffet was dear (€29) and did not seem worth it, so I opted for a la cart and was happy with the menu choices, food quality, and price. The wait staff were delightful. Ate there for dinner once and was most pleased with the food and drink.

The cost to launder a man's shirt is €10, socks €3, and undershorts €3. The International New York Times is available on your room door daily at no charge. (Bravo and Thank You again!) Full size umbrella in room, which I needed more than once! All in all, a valued destination highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rover1313
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

In regards to the complimentary Wi-Fi, you may renew it free of charge every 24 hours.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

It’s difficult to imagine the better location in Brussels then occupied Amigo hotel ( with less 50 steps from Grand Place and few hundred meters to Manneken Pis .
Hotel is quite well equipped, decorated, organized and maintained. The glorious mark of Rocco Forte should provide the glamour and excellent reputation.
Planning our visit to Brussels we consider this hotel as one of city attractions -few years ago we had chance to enjoy hospitality of Rocco Forte hotels at Rome ( Hotel de Russie) and Florence ( Hotel Savoy ) and were extremely positively surprised by level of comfort and perfect service provided . These hotels have own character, fleur and charm and are the real pearls of the cities.
Undoubtedly, Hotel Amigo is good hotel. But, during stay there we did not feel the special ( unique ) spirit of the hotel. The staff is friendly & qualified. The rooms are well equipped.
However, I observed several sign of lack of proper housekeeping and attention to trivial details. We ( with 2 kinds) occupied 2 standard rooms and had leaking hot water valve of washstand, badly scratched bath tab, damaged radio volume control knob.
There were some misunderstanding with newspaper delivery, overnight shoes polishing, etc. It’s really a pity to feel such minor discomfort instead of expecting flawless service.
So, this visit we did not enjoy the standard ( expected ) Rocco Forte service in Amigo Hotel. Amigo Hotel is a good hotel ( one of many other good hotels of Brussels )…..

PS
There are the other visits to other Rocco Forte Hotels in the plan. I want to believe…

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hangar2012
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Upon careful review of your feedback, I am saddened to read the lukewarm satisfaction about your stay -mainly due to the room housekeeping upkeep-; please accept my most sincere apologies and rest assured that I am going to personally follow up on this shortcoming as indeed Rocco Forte Hotels is committed to provide flawless experiences to our guests.

I would be honored to be your privileged contact person for a future reservation and my colleagues and I will ensure to do our utmost to recover your good will.

With kindest regards I remain,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

When I arrived, I had a fantastic welcome by the friendly doormen. The service was excellent. My room was great! All the staff made me feel like I was at home. I am already looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Susy R
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your high praises in regards to your recent stay with us.

This testimony will be shared with our associated so they can appreciate their daily commitments bear fruit.

My colleagues and I look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Kind regards,