2,639 results
All reviewsrocco fortethe grand placeconcierge staffperfect locationgreat hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelthe main squaredeluxe roomhotel restaurantmanneken pisthe heart of the citycentral brusselscomfortable roomsbreakfast was includedvisiting brusselsamigos
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I planned a romantic birthday visit to Brussels, but had no real knowledge of accommodations outside the U.S. I made multiple reservations based on hotel websites. The inability it confirm a king-sized bed at other hotels caused me to continue my search.
This hotel's relationship with American Express caused me to cancel my other reservations and settle on the Hotel Amigo.
No disappointment at all!
The initial reception was warm, welcoming, and professional. All needs were met immediately.
I was only concerned about room size, but received an upgrade at check-in. I will make sure I book the larger room each time!
The bathroom was lovely, included nice products, bidet, towel warmer and robes.
The welcoming amenity was a delight. Who doesn't love chocolate?!
We ate several times in the restaurant and could not have been more pleased. The breakfast was delicious and there was a good variety.
Dinner was wonderful and romantic.
My only complaint, if I have to make one, was concerning the bar service. We ordered drinks in the lounge and then waited forever. We looked out the window and our server had gone on a smoking break! I finally approached the bar and was told they were working on our drinks. This service turned our plan from one of settling in to have cocktails, to one of ONE drinks and depart the lounge.
Overall, I cannot wait to return to Brussels in the fall, and will not stay anymore BUT the Amigo!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roseh99
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you took time to share your impressions in regards to your recent stay with us.

While I read that you had a memorable experience with us, I have duly noted your remark concerning the waiting time at the Bar which failed short of our expectations; this shall be included in our qualitative planning.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo Brussels in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have been to Brussels many times, but this time we stayed at probably the finest hotel in the city. The staff strives to make you feel very welcome, tending to your every needs. I dare compare to one of the finest hotels in London (where we stayed) as far as the friendliness and attentiveness. Simply first class. The location is perfect if you want to have access to the Grand Palace. It is a perfect tourist (and business) hotel. Not overpriced, great location, excellent staff, many restaurants to visit. If there is availability, book it.

Room Tip: We were in 505, nice and high, quiet, comfortable.
3  Thank jrmod
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your raving review.

What a genuine pleasure to learn that you had a memorable moment with us.

Your compliments to us will definitely go a long way in inspiring our colleagues to relentlessly provide the highest standards of products and services at all times.

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I did my homework on hotels through a few online sources and TripAdvisor, as always, and Hotel Amigo was one of two higher-end places I was debating about booking for our six-day stay in Brussels. Then, during Christmas vacation in Sri Lanka, we ran into some travelers who told us that they love the Hotel Amigo and always stay there on their frequent visits to Brussels. Choice made, and a wise one. As other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is not a budget option by any means, but what it offers, in addition to the expected five-star amenities, is a fantastically friendly, helpful, and attentive staff who go that extra mile by remembering your name and other details. We were also very impressed with the personal notes and small gifts from the manager on two occasions during our stay. The location cannot be beat, breakfasts are delicious, and the beds are super comfortable. We won't stay anywhere else in Brussels, either.

1  Thank Yallanicole
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor your impressions on your recent visit with us.

We are thrilled to read that you had an overall pleasing stay and appreciated our staff members’ genuine service.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Brussels byits very definition has a huge mixed bag of hotels, from absolutely awful and in seedy locations to ones like this. Its not cheap, so perhaps not ideal for families just stopping over for a night, but if you want somewhere central (almost on the Grand Palace) and where your not looking over your shoulder as you walk out at night, this is perhaps for you.

Did I say its not cheap (?), well that aside, its highly recommended if you can afford it.. great staff and very relaxing..

Lots of choice in restaurants and bars very nearby, shopping and just looking around. Its a case of you get what you pay for in Brussels.

Room Tip: Eat out for breakfast if your adventurous, will save you a fortune and you get to see something different every morning.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much from all of our team members for having taken the dedication to share your impressions on your recent stay with us.

Indeed, it is a delight for us to learn that our hotel’s facilities, services and location were outstanding.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

A very comfortable and welcoming Hotel located right next to the Grand Place in Brussels with wonderful Chocolate and Waffle shops near by.
The room was spacious that was very tastefully designed with great hanging space as well as a good bathroom and excellent mini bar. Very attentive staff and excellent concierge service.
Food was excellent in the bar downstairs (Tagliatelle alla Bolognese****) which is tied to the main Hotel restaurant Bocconi.
I would go out for breakfast in one of the many bakeries or coffee shops near the hotel.
Wi Fi is expensive after you finish your free 24 Hour pass.

3  Thank Charles D
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Regarding the complimentary Wi-Fi, you are most welcome to renew it for each subsequent day.