“One of the best italians in town”
Review of Dal Padrino

Dal Padrino
Reserve with
Dal Padrino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #977 of 4,021 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Great food - they make everything fresh and from scratch. Excellent service and atmosphere as well, would recommend it to all.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We were a table of 12 and had a reservation. The restaurant is very conveniently located within a short walking distance from the European facilities. I had been on Rue Archimede before and had never noticed this restaurant. It doesn't look necessarily like a restaurant from outside, because it is built in one of the many townhouses on the street. Entering the restaurant is also as visiting a friend's place, because nothing in the entrance way still doesn't give out that one is entering into a restaurant, but once you get in, white tablecloths and nicely prepped tables await for you. The smiles shine on you as soon as you enter and along with warm greetings in Italian you will be seated and handed a menu. Their menu is in Italian, so if you don't speak this language, prepare yourself for some Googleing session.
Since there were so many of us, I couldn't really keep count what everybody ordered, but there were meat dishes, pasta dishes and fish dishes. I had some ravioli dish from their specials menu (I am unfortunately unable to find the name from their web-page now), but I can tell, it was the freshest pasta I have had in Brussels. The pasta pockets were so thin, they almost created a mosaique with the filling inside, and cooked to the excellence. The filling was soft, there were cheeses and spinach and it tasted like in a small Italian village by rivera ligure. I couldn't have expected anything so great from this dish. I must also add, that when I asked for parmesan to the top, I was given plenty and other people in the table were automatically offered some too.
The whole service was mostly in Italian throughout our stay, which might be uncomfortable for some, but our table didn't mind if their English questions were answered in Engalian. And I finally found a good place to practice my Italian skills in Brussels, because I believe that genuine Italian food also helps one learn the language faster.
Why I give it 4 stars still? Because it is not in Italy, and some tiny details in service are too Italian for Brussels' busy lunchtime. If it could be possible, I would give it a 4.5

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Arriving in Brussels from the airport is still a little fraught. Since the airport bus follows a diverted route, I found myself at the opposite end of Rue Archimede. Trying to order a meal in the Schuman area at close to 22.00 hours is not easy. In Dal Padrino I found I was welcomed in to dine with lingering guests and the restaurant staff. The Anti Pasto was fresh and abundant. The swordfish in pesto was tasty and filling. The ambience was friendly. This restaurant is an hospitable and restful haven even in late evening Brussels. I hope to get back soon, and to make an earlier rendez-vous next time!

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

This is our go-to restaurant when we stay in Brussels: the food is simply the best, with generous portions, fresh ingredients and home-made everything, there's nothing negative we could say about this restaurant!
The house red wine (Tartufo Nero) is very good and smooth and goes well with the meat dishes on the seasonally changing menu. There's also a set menu for lunch that offers great value for money.
Last but certainly not least, the host Gino makes you feel welcome from the moment you set foot inside and by now it feels more like eating at a friend's house than a restaurant.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

When you enter you have to climb stairs up to the first floor level, almost like entering a private home. And the feeling continues once you are inside. The friendly waiter, also being the owner (?) welcomed us and showed us to the table. The menu contains all the classical Italian dishes you may want. We went straight on to the main course, and I had the saltimbocca. It was very good and well balanced. Sometimes this dish may be too rich, but not so here. We only had the house wine with the food, nothing special, but acceptable. The restaurant was not full this evening. If it had been, I could imagine it might have been a bit noisy. The successful business dinner was rounded off with an espresso. I will certainly come back.