“Best brasserie ever....”

L'Esprit de Sel Brasserie
Reserve with
L'Esprit de Sel Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #498 of 3,712 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$29 - US$72
Cuisines: Diner, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant bien connu au coeur du Marché Commun. Un acceuil chaleureux, deux salles à manger plus un côté véranda et une terrasse chauffée, une carte mensuelle très diversifiée, une cuisine excellente. Le rapport qualité prix est parfait. Un rendez-vous convivial.A well-known restaurant in the heart of the Common Market. A warm welcome, two dining rooms, plus a veranda and heated terrace, a highly diverse monthly menu and first-rate cuisine. The price/quality ratio is just perfect. Comvivial encounter.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very charming persons are welcoming you with smile even if it's quite late in the evening...
The food is awesome : quality, from season and well cooked...
The only thing : we had to go back a second time to taste the others meals :)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

On the first night of a much anticipated European vacation - my wife and I dropped into this little brasserie on the square in Place Jourdan. It was a beautiful spring night so we sat down at an outside table. Our first impression was our waiter - who when we asked in our broken French if he spoke English - gave us a quick smile and said a little - which turned out to be almost fluent. He took our order and even helped me with the pronunciation of my selected entrée Blanquette de veau à l’ancienne, riz pilaw. My veal stew was amazing - with a wonderful white sauce that went so well with the simple rice pilaf. But during dinner, my wife and I both noticed two gentlemen a couple of tables over had ordered the rack of lamb with Dauphinois potatoes - we both commented on how great it looked. Well after a full second day touring Brussels - when it came time to decide on dinner - we both said let's go back and try the lamb at L'Sprit de Sel - it looked that good. Two things - in our years of traveling the US and Europe - this was the first time we had ever eaten at the same restaurant two nights in a row. The second thing was how amazing our dinner and service was. The rack of lamb was superb - in addition to the potatoes it came with a nicely roasted and seasoned tomato half, grilled endive, and haricot verts. The seven rib lamb rack was perfectly cooked and the rosemary reduction sauce was outstanding! When we first sat down the second night - we think it was either one of the owners or at least the manager who greeted and welcomed us at our table. He brought us our menus and sent a different waiter who also spoke better English then we did French. I had silently picked a nicely priced Beaujolais from the wine list - and when I asked our waiter what wine he'd recommend he immediately said the same Beaujolais I had picked. The nicely chilled wine paired very well with the lamb. After our dinner - the owner/ manager again stopped by our table and asked how our dinner was. When we told him how much we enjoyed our dinner - and how we decided to come back - his smile said it all. I apologize for the long winded review - but I wanted to get across what an amazing restaurant experience L'Sprit de Sel is - and how two well travelled Americans on their first Brussels visit - trying to remember their high school French - had not one but two very enjoyable and memorable back-to-back dinners at the same restaurant. This was truly one of the best dining experiences we've ever had - anywhere. I can't believe that this is the first TrioAdviser review of L'Sprit de Sel - but I can't think of a better way to start off what I hope will be a long list of excellent reviews. This is truly a one of a kind restaurant. It doesn't get any better then this!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

After a long day L' Esprit de Sel Brasserie was a perfect choice. Not too big and not too little. Christopher served me well and I enjoyed moules Provençal with rosé. Mousse and espresso afterwards. I can warmly recommend this place, almost wanted to try their confit de canard.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed away from the set menu and went for the mixed croquette starter and then a steak for mains. Both were delicious. I also had a very nice Belgian beer to accompany my starter and a lovely glass of red with my steak. Everything was great.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

risotto w/ smoked chicken & mushrooms - took a while, but that's because risotto was just perfect and the mushrooms were,
for this mushroom lover, to die for - wild varieties, cooked tender with a few
crispy bits, wine/broth. Smoked chicken seemed almost like deli-meat. dark-chocolate mousse reminded me full-force that we were in Belgium - I don't know if it was Cote d'or, but it sure wasn't Ghiradelli.