“Very nice hotel for the price”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
Ranked #34 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The location seemed a little far, but still walkable from the older city. On a cold night the bar was a nice place to sit, but the service there and at the restaurant were absolutely horrible. We had to go get the waiter at least 2 times in the bar, waited at least 45 minutes for a table to the restaurant, and then after being seated waited 30 minutes just to get drinks. We finally ordered just a water because we were annoyed at this time, and still had to wait longer for that. Another patron was allowed to have her dog, unleashed, in the restaurant, and it was constantly in the isle blocking the path of waters, and begging for food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear ChiquilHerrera,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and for your positive comment for our hotel to be ¨very nice¨.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the Atrium bar as a nice place to sit.

I am very much surprised that you have experienced the service at the Atrium bar and restaurant to be this way. I truly regret that you have experienced this and please be assured that I have passed your comments to the restaurant manager. Also, dogs are not allowed in our food & beverages areas, and I will personally make sure that this situation will not happen again in the future.

I thank you again for your comments and I hope you will give us the chance to make up with your last experience at the Atrium restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@RadissonBlu.com, and I will take care of you.

I look very much forward to welcoming you again for your next travel to the heart of Europe!

Gaston Gellens

Write a ReviewReviews (2,257)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

New card key system which allows you to keep the card in your wallet while entering the elevator and room. Executive floors are 4th and 6th floors with significantly nicer bathrooms, flat screens and carpeting a opposed to hardwood. Bus stops 1/4 block away and takes 5 minutes to the EU Parliamentarium for 2.5 euros (cash only). Morning breakfast which is extra is well-worth the additional rate plan. Buffet-style with made to order omelette. Breakfast starts at 6am daily. If you elect to stay on a business floor, free soda and coffee is available throughout the day. Free wifi internet access thought the hotel. Restaurant in main atrium is overpriced and small so check to see if reservations are necessary (medium bowl of pasta with meat sauce 18 euros, small bottle of water 6 euros). You can find better and cheaper restaurants two blocks away at the Galleries Royal. Do not shop there unless you are accustomed to prices at Short Hills Mall in New a Jersey. A must see is the Belvue Museum and the Coudenberg museum, both part of the Royal Palace. Ask for the combined 8 euro ticket. Best museum on Belgium's history and the Coudenberg is a once in a lifetime ability to walk through excavations that are 20 feet below the current palace. You will not be sorry you went to either museum and can easily spend 4 hours combined. Both should be higher rated attractions.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear NJTraveler100,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

I thank you very much for the great review you have written for the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels. I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed our great location, indeed situated near all major touristic attractions. I am thrilled as well that you have enjoyed the Super Breakfast, where every morning our breakfast chefs do their utmost to prepare the best breakfast.

Please note that the rates of the Atrium restaurant are well in line with other first-class city centre restaurants.

I look very much forward to welcoming you again at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, for your next travel to the heart of Europe.

I invite you to stay connected with us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, to not miss our Christmas offers for this year.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed here for a conference.

Room: Very nice and spacious. Bathroom lovely. Awful view of a derelict building. Only real issue was the nearby building works that woke me up at 7am each morning.

Staff: All very helpful and attentive. Only issue was that I was given bad advice on the cost of a taxi - meaning I had not even half of the requested fair. This resulted in tricky negotiation with an (understandably) angry taxi driver.

Hotel: the hotel itself is stunning.

Food: Standard menu items were nice. Breakfast was ok. Mass produced food for the event wasn't very nice. There was no information telling you what it was, it was often cold, and just not very nice (soggy waffles etc). Nice cheese selection though. I got told off by an angry waiter for taking a bread roll from the buffet and told I must use room service to eat as food was finished - even though I was part of the event, and the food had not been cleared away yet. Seemed a bit silly.

Price: We were given a special conference rate - but I heard someone asking to stay for the night at reception, and the "off the street" rate quoted was the same as our special conference rate... Other than that - price was fair.

Travel: The local underground station is very close and easy to get to - when you know where you are going. If travelling this way - make sure you know the route - I got terribly lost. And taxi are not interested in taking you such a short distance - I tried and was told it was too close.

Room Tip: Avoid the building works unless you want to be awake at 7am.
1  Thank Acornise

Dear Acornise,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel.

I am thrilled to read that you found the hotel to be ¨stunning¨ and that you have enjoyed our ¨very nice¨ and ¨spacious¨ rooms. Thank you for your positive comments on our staff to be ¨helpful¨ and ¨attentive¨. I have passed them to our team and it made their day.

I am surprised that you have experienced the food to be this way, but please be assured that your comment have had all my attention . I passed your review to the head chef and we will take this into account.

Please note, that for any questions you might have about the city of Brussels or directions, our concierge will be more than pleased to help you by pointing out the way.

I truly hope we will get the chance to welcome you again for your next travel in the heart of Europe!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

It is nicely location good clean hotel. Its pretty much in center, very near to all attractions. Good food is nearby.

W e can move out with kids, come back in without getting tired. It is good for both business and family travel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear DeepakBan,

Thank you very much for your great 5 star review for the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in the historical heart of Brussels!

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and its location. It is indeed perfectly situated nearby every major touristic attraction and the grand-place with its fine restaurants.

As from the 29th of November the Winter Wonders market will fill up Brussels city centre with lots of beautiful lights and many attractions. I invite you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter in order to not miss our Christmas package of this year, or you can contact me directly via GM.Brussels@RadissonBlu.com for your next stay, and I will personally take care of you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I hadn't stayed here for a while, as somewhat foolishly I tried alternative nearby establishments, all of which left me bitterly disappointed. I have learnt my lesson and will not be straying again! This city centre hotel is clean; in fact it is VERY clean throughout. ALL the staff are highly trained and very friendly and helpful.
I was extremely impressed with my room (517), it was bright, quiet and airy the bed was exceedingly comfortable. If I had one small niggle, it would be around the TV and the singular lack of any radio stations. The complimentary hi-speed WiFi is ace... if you need to work, you can! The aircon worked perfectly too.
As for the location... faultless! A small stroll around the corner and there's my favourite bar... A La Mort Subite and heading off the other direction, some 500m away is the Metro or all the shops on Rue Neuve.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Paul Hollyer,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

Thank you very much for your great 5 star review regarding the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels. I am more than thrilled to read that you have had such a positive experience at our hotel. I thank you for your great compliments on the cleanliness of the hotel, the ¨bright¨ and ¨quiet¨ room and the ¨friendliness¨ and ¨helpfulness¨ of the staff. I have communicated your compliments to the team and it made their day!

Please be advised that we do offer radio in the room via the television system. If anything is unclear about this, there is the ¨One Touch Service¨ button on the telephone, and one of our staff members would be happy to help out.

I am as well happy to read that you have enjoyed our location indeed perfectly situated near all major touristic attractions as the Grand-Place and restaurants.

I am looking very much forward to welcoming you again to the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, for your next trip to Brussels. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via GM.Brussels@RadissonBLU.com , and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us via our social media!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

very nice hotel, well located , except a ridiculous three seats bar , the usual bar le dessine is closed, it's a pity for that kind of hotel, and if you ask while, don't expect any answer.
anyway a good place to stay in brussells.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Jacques B
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Jacques B,

Thank you very much for your great 4 star review for the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in the very heart of Brussels.

I am glad to read that you have perceived our hotel as ¨very nice¨ and that you found it ¨well located¨.

Please be advised that our Bar was moved to the Atrium to offer a more pleasant and brighter atmosphere under the impressive glass dome.
We also wanted to extend our service to our guests by giving them the opportunity to have a Bar service 7/7 and from 9 to 1.

I am looking very much forward to welcoming you again at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us via Facebook and follow us on Twitter to not miss our Christmas package and offers!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel won’t disappoint. It is in a great location with an attractive style. The internal atrium gives a wonderful ‘outside’ feel, which makes it quite different and more attractive than many of the other hotels in central Brussels.
I stayed on the business floor which was well appointed and quiet. I would agree with the other comments that the aircon is obtrusive, though the rooms are very comfortable and well designed.
Staff were all helpful and attentive.
Unfortunately I was at meetings most of the time so didn’t avail myself of the restaurant, but will certainly do so in the future. I was able to make use of the bar in the Atrium which was fun and with a real character of a barman supported by efficient staff.
All in all a very good stay and would recommend this hotel.

Dear David W,

Best greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels and for recommending our hotel!

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed the attractive style of our property and its location, indeed perfectly situated in the very heart of the historical city centre of Brussels. I thank you as well for you comment on the helpfulness and attentiveness of the staff and in specific our barman. I have communicated your compliments to him, and it made his day.

Please note, that if you come across any details which are not entirely satisfying, you can always contact any of our staff members and they will do their utmost to help you in any way they can.

I am looking very much forward to welcoming you again soon in Brussels for your next trip.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us via our social media!