“Perfect for a weekend trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
Ranked #32 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Delft, The Netherlands
“Perfect for a weekend trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We loved staying at the Radisson in the center of Brussels. It was clean, the rooms were spacious, the price was reasonable, the staff was friendly. We loved being able to park our car safely in the underground parking of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Laura-Cristina B,

Thank you very much for your great four star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels.

I am very glad to read that you experienced the staff to be ´friendly´ and the rooms to be ´spacious`.

I sincerely hope to welcome you again when travel brings you back to Brussels! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us via our social media to not miss any of our newsfeeds and special offers.

Gaston Gellens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed 1 night in the hotel on business. Hotel has an impressive large lobby, very modern feel. The reception staff were friendly, although after asking me to check in, proceeded to answer the phone and have another conversation (pet hate of mine). However, otherwise no problem.

Was given an executive suite by chance, and I have to say it was a lovely room. Huge living area, bathroom and bath, with separate toilet and walk in shower. Dining Area had a table for 6, and the bedroom was equally large. Well equipped room with iron, minibar, safe, desk area to work, free wifi throughout the hotel - all in all very nice.

Slight downside is the atrium style of the hotel with all room windows facing in, rather than out.

Breakfast was €9, which to my mind is very expensive, but had the usual continental, US, and hot breakfast options, all very nice.

I would probably stay again if returning to Brussels on business.

Room Tip: I had room 612, large executive suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Bobdibest,

Many thanks for your kind four star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels.

I am very glad to read that you experienced the lobby to be ´impressive` with a ´very modern` feel. I thank you as well for your compliments on our Front Office staff who showed you their true Yes I Can! spirit!

Please be advised that the Super Breakfast Buffet rate is in one line with other upscale city centre hotels and that we offer special condition for pre-booked breakfast upon reservation.

On behalf of the entire team, we look very much forward to welcoming you again when travel brings you back to the heart of Europe! Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and
I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us via our social media to not miss any of our newsfeeds and special offers!

Roslyn Heights, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Radisson is well located for walking to almost everywhere in the center of Brussels, and the hotel itself is very comfortable and modern, with excellent service. We were on the "Business Class" floor, which included an excellent buffet breakfast. Quiet, too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Ian H,

A million thanks for your great five star Tripadvisor review for your
stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels!

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the location of our venue
and that you found it to be ´very comfortable´ and ´modern`. I am as
well very proud that you fully experienced the Yes I Can! service
attitude by mentioning the service to be ´excellent`.

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we hope to receive the honour of
welcoming you again when travel brings you back to the heart of Europe!
Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly for your next
stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us via our social media!

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend. We arrived on the last flight in and didn't get to the hotel until slightly past midnight. Check-in was a breeze, but when we went up to our room there was no hot water. We were both pretty tired from our trip and it was not a pleasant first experience. The next night we made sure to shower early before they ran out.

The location is great and within walking distance to most attractions. The room was very nice and well laid out with a modern look and feel.

Upon check out, the on-site manager decided to take it upon herself to charge us in USD for a stay we booked in EUR. She did no ask for permission and also tacked on a % dynamic currency conversion fee. I did not request this, nor did I approve it and after asking her to void it and re-charge me in EUR, she claimed she did not have the ability and that would have to wait until Monday to talk to their accounting department.

2 weeks, 20+ emails and phone calls later, they FINALLY begrudgingly reimbursed me the fee and only after I threatened to take them up on their 100% satisfaction guaranteed claim. Club Carlson did not help or care even though I have a lowly Gold status. I would hope the front desk staff could be better trained here, but since it was the manager on duty that checked me out, I hold little hope of this actually happening. It's quite too bad too because it stained an otherwise very pleasant hotel stay experience.

Room Tip: Shower early. Ask to be charged in EUR before checking out.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Adam H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I am glad to read that you have fully enjoyed the location of our hotel, indeed perfectly in the heart of the historical city centre of Brussels.
I thank you as well for your compliments on the room being ´very nice` with a modern look and feel.

Please be assured that your situation with the hot water and at check-out have had my full attention and I truly apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. I discussed personally with the departments concerned and took appropriate actions in order to avoid recurrence of similar incidents in the future.

I truly hope that you and your partner will give us another chance to make up with your last experience. Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

Kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice enough hotel and it's in a good location for Grand Place. It is only a five minute walk, if that. Our room was nice and clean, towels clean and fresh and shower good. But the air-conditioning was not good and the room was extremely hot. Reception ladies were very welcoming, but the hotel porter wasn't too welcoming, maybe because we refused help, purely because we only had two small bags. Also Moumin (not sure of the spelling) but the chap that stores your bags was also not very welcoming. Neither had a single smile.

We booked to eat in the restaurant (not the Sea Grill, the other one) but when we arrived they looked surprised when I said I did have a reservation. Reception booked it for us. Then when we were sat at our table, another couple came in and they were placed right next to us, despite several empty tables. I asked to move, which to be fair, they did say the would do but they just seemed to be standing around not doing anything, so after doing a quick calculation of the cost of the meal decided to leave. The menu sounded lovely and I would have paid the price but the ambiance was terrible and the waiters were not on the ball enough for my liking, especially at those prices. The restaurant is awkwardly set out and the bar area does not have much space either. We like to have pre-dinner/post dinner drinks in the hotel bar but we had no inclination to do so here.

Our room was on 7th floor and the corridor carpet could really do with a good clean, or replacing as this was a bit off-putting.

All in all a good hotel for location but nothing wow. Booked the hotel via lastminute.com which gave a good price. Would not have liked to pay the normal cost.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Caroline_J_S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to read that you have fully enjoyed the great location of our hotel, indeed perfectly situated in the very heart of the historical city centre of Brussels. I am happy to read as well that you enjoyed the room being ´nice and clean`.

Please be assured that your comment on your experience at the restaurant has my full attention. I truly apologies that you have experienced the services in this way, since it does not at all reflect our Yes I Can! philosophy. I have communicated your comments to the restaurant manager to prevent such situations from happening in the future.

I hope you will give us another chance to make up with your last experience. Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally make sure your experience from last time will not repeat itself.

Kindest regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Radisson Blu for long weekend in Belgium.

Location...
The hotel is centrally located and well within walking distance of all your main attractions (e.g. Grand Palace, Manneken Pis etc) as well as many bars and restaurants. Making it the ideal location for a short city break.

How to get there...
Getting to the hotel was also easy enough but remember Belgium can be expensive so try to plan ahead as best you can. To get to the hotel we took the bus from Charleroi airport to Brussels Midi/Zuid Station (book in advance for a cheaper tariff) these buses run every 30 minutes so don't stress yourself.

Once at Brussels Midi/Zuid Station you have three options to get to the Radisson Blu; walk for approximately 30 mins, take a taxi for €15-20 or the third and best option in my opinion is to take the metro for €2. The metro stop you need is 'De Brouckiere' you can take either lines 3 or 4. Once you get to De Brouckiere you only have a 5 min walk to the hotel. It's really really easy and will save your pennies for all those lovely Belgium waffles and beers!!

Rooms...
The hotel is beautifully laid out as you would expect for a Radisson, the first impressions are great; the receptionists are professional and polite making checking-in an easy straightforward process. Again, this is what you would expect from the hotel chain. The rooms are spacious enough however if I am being picky the interior of them is a little dated with dark mahogany fixtures and fittings, a dated TV which is the width and colour of a rhino, off-white/mustard coloured carpets and wallpaper thrown in with some stale, sorry looking table and chairs in the corner. It wasn't what we were expecting but hey, nothing major!

Breakfasts...
I almost choked when we were offer breakfast for €30 per person. Again Brussels is expensive for breakfasts and don't expect much change out of €20. But if you're on a budget or like me don't think any breakfast in the world is worth €30, head towards a Exki (it's a chain of Greek style cafes - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d3208720-Reviews-Exki-Brussels.html) where they will only charge €2 for a coffee (decent too) and a pain au chocolat/croissant.

Overall...
The location of this hotel is its main attraction and would recommend it for a short break. The staff are faultless but the rooms could modernised but are still comfortable enough...as for the €30 breakfast, well the less said the better. ;-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Patrick D
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Patrick D,

Greetings from the heart of Brussels!

Thank you very much for your great four star review regarding you stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, indeed ideally located near the famous Grand-Place and many other touristic sights of Brussels!

I am glad to read that you have experienced our staff to be ´professional` and ´polite` and the rooms to be ´spacious´.

Please be advised that we offer four different types of rooms, all to suit each of our guests taste. For your next stay, I invite you to share your preferences when booking.

Please note that we offer special condition for pre-booked breakfast upon reservation. You can also check out our special deals on the website.

On behalf of the entire team, we look very much forward to welcoming you and your partner again when travel brings you back to Brussels! Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us on our social media to not miss any of our special offers and newsfeeds!

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

the hotel standard is generally good, but breakfast has not normally been included, and there are far cheaper hotels which do include breakfast. Have had some issues, including peeling paint on the ceiling of the bathroom and a defect cofee machine that was not initially fixed, however the staff are generally very good, serviceminded, polite and attentive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tore B,

First I would like to thank you for your kind four star Tripadvisor review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, located in the very heart of the historical city centre of Brussels.

I am very glad to read that you found the standards of our hotel to be ´good` and our staff to be ´very good`, ´service minded`, ´polite` and ´attentive`.

Please be advised that we offer special condition for pre-booked breakfast upon reservation. You can also check out our special deals on the website.

As well, we offer four different type of rooms, each to suit all our guests tastes. In the case you are not entirely satisfied with your room I assure you that our Front Office team would do everything in their power to give you a room to all your needs.

I look very much forward to welcoming you again to our hotel when travel brings you back to Brussels. Please do not hesitate to send me a direct e-mail for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel via our social media to not miss any of our special offers and newsfeeds!