“Rest after long flights”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
Ranked #33 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Rest after long flights”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The airport coach stopped in a square that was very convenient to this place -- rolled the cases across the streets to it
It had one of the best breakfast buffets seen anywhere
We were able to walk to nearby mall for shopping and eating[ fast food costs HIGH]

Room Tip: cannot say which area was best -parade in town made some areas noisy until late
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels!

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our Super Breakfast buffet at the PebbleWood Corner and the property´s location.

Indeed the property is ideally located in the very heart of Brussels, within few minutes of the famous Grand Place, shopping centres and many restaurants and bars!

When travel brings you back to the heart of Europe, I look very much forward to welcoming you again. Please do not hesitate sending me the dates of your next visit via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com.

I invite you to stay tuned with us via our social media for latest offers and events!

Gaston Gellens,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights. This is a beautiful hotel in heart of Brussels . The market center was 5 min away . Unbelievable shopping 2 min away . Also many restaurants of all types. I did not eat at the hotel. The room was large & well maintained , with small fridge. Very comfortable bedding & room safe. This is Brussels so keep all ur stuff secure @ all times. The reception area was fluent in english & went way beyond what I expected in securing info & even reservations in paris. This is a busy large hotel with lots of traffic. The elevators are secure in that u must swipe ur room card before it ascend . Lots of Americans as well as from all over the world . Our buffet breakfast was included . It was the normal routine of cold cuts breads, cereal , not done eggs bacon . But u can get omelette on request (no charge) & find plenty of food . Also fresh fruit. Lots of juices . It is EXTREMELY BUSY IN AM. Not sure on cost since it was on a tour but the nicest hotel we stayed @ in Netherlands by far. Really appreciated excellent people working the front desk. There are massive amounts of people from all over the world asking questions so be patient. Also this was 5 min away from train station to paris .could not be better location or more modern hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Memphislady1,

Many thanks for your five star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels!

I am honoured to read that your great feedback reflect our 100% Satisfaction guarantee!

The staff and in particularly the front office staff appreciates your positive words! It made their day!

I would be very pleased to welcome you again when travel brings you back to the heart of Europe. Please do not hesitate sending me the dates of your next visit via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com and I will make sure you experience another unforgettable stay.

I invite you to stay connected with us for more offers and events through our social media networks!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Used to be a good hotel and had many stays including for both family and business purposes. Hotel has lost its way and seems to charge much more to returning customers than to newcomers as I discovered talking to people at breakfast. Really upset.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear johnb1946,

Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay with us.

I very much regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate next time to let us know straight away what does not please you and we will do everything to make it right for you.

I truly hope you would give us another chance to convince you of our high quality service and make your next visit memorable. I invite you to send me the dates of your next trip via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

My apologies once again for any inconvenience.

My best regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Arrived very late one evening after a delayed flight - asked for a quite room - was told I was being upgraded to a small suite - wonderful news - However was shown to a rather dated 1980's type room with dirty grounting and rust around the bath shower unit - see photos -. the room was alos on the main road and only two floors up - so much for a quite room. I then had a very frustrating hour of pain trying to connect to the internet - this resulted in a guy in my room at 2300 trying to connect my laptop - he failed. Although he was genuinely trying to help and was a good guy.

Next day I requested a new room and returned later in the day to a fantastic room - it was like being in a different hotel - Clearly they are refurbishing the place so beware as to the quality of room you are placed in - My bathroom floor flooded as the shower screen was not sufficient for the unit

Breakfast was full of tourists and the layout was not that efficient if you were in a hurry

Added to which when I left the receptionist asked me if I had enjoyed my stay??? A plus for being proactive and asking but a big negative for not being a joined up service hotel. I shall not be returning too readily - I never did get a proactive apology.

Room Tip: Check out if you are being put into the refurbished side of the hotel or the rather dated side - it...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Anthony100,

Thank your for taking the time to comment your stay with us.

Thank you for your honest feedback and please allow me to apologize in the name of the whole hotel for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Please be advised that we have 4 different room styles, each coming to totally different decoration and atmosphere to suit all tastes. You can definitely share your room styles preferences upon reservation or at the check-in, and we will do our best to allocate you a room with the preferred room style.

I passed your feedback to the whole team and the maintenance department. Please be assured that we will immediately act on all mentioned points.
I would like to apologize once more for what happened and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again. I invite you to contact me via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com for your next day and I will personally take care of you.

My best regards,

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed there on a business trip and also used the conference rooms. It's one of those places where it looks much bigger when you're inside than from the outside!

The room was nice although a little bit dark with dark wooden furniture so felt a bit dated compared to the rest of the surroundings. It was lovely and clean though.

Had a meal downstairs in the Bar area which was very nice, a LOT of food for your money! I had a pasta which came accompanied with 2 bowls with 2 types of grated cheese, nice touch, I felt there was enough for 2 people as well!

Breakfast was excellent, had just about everything you could ask for whether you wanted continental or the cooked "English style", there was something for everyone.

Staff was friendly and efficient and seemed to care that you enjoyed your stay.

The Hotel is also very centrally located, so would definitely stay there again if I was to return to Brussels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Jessiebessie,

I am glad to read that you have experienced our 100% Satisfaction guarantee and that you have enjoyed the “lovely” room, the ´excellent` Super breakfast at the PebbleWood Corner, the ´friendly and efficient` staff and the central location.

Indeed the property is located walking distance from the famous Grand Place and different restaurants and bars!

I look very much forward to welcoming you again for your next visit to Brussels. Please do not hesitate to send me the dates of your next stay via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com.

I invite you to stay connected with us on our social media networks for more offers and events!

Best Blu Regards,

Weston, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Trying to see the positive side, I would say the hotel is very well located, only two blocks away from Train station and "hop on hop off" bus stop, The main lobby is very pretty and front desk staff was very friendly and professional, but as soon as we exit the elevator - we were on the 7th floor - we noticed that the carpet was dirty and worn, so was the one in the room, stains not only in the carpet but also on the furniture and curtains. I know this hotel offers different types of rooms but as we were staying one night only, we opted for the standard room, and considering this is a Radisson, we thought a standard room was going to be fine. I must say the bedding and the bathroom were very clean which of course is important, but it certainly needs deeper cleaning or renovation! We rented a car and were offered parking for 35 euros a night, but decided to park only one block away from the hotel and payed only 15 euros for parking. Breakfast was very expensive, so we decided to see other breakfast option by the train station and we found a Starbucks as well as other very nice coffee places. If we go back to Brussels, we will stay here again but will certainly appreciate a better room!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank santiwest
Dear santiwest,
I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the location, the ´friendly and professional` staff and the ´very clean` bedding and bathroom..
With respect, the prices of the breakfast are well in line with other first-class hotels in this city centre area in Brussels.Please note that we offer special condition for pre-booked breakfast upon reservation.

I regret that we did not meet your expectations with the Classic room. I am sure that another type of room would have met your needs. Please do not hesitate to send me the dates of your next stay when travel brings you back to the heart of Europe via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com and I will be most pleased to personally take care of you.

Blu Regards,

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We booked at the last minute when our reservation at the Le Meridien was cancelled (when it went bankrupt the week before our trip). The location is ideal, the junior suite quite large and comfortable, the staff outstanding, breakfasts superb and price acceptable. We felt that the staff really aimed to please. Make a request and quickly the answer was always......taken care of! We were really treated royally by Murat at the bar!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wolfeskin
Dear wolfeskin,

I am delighted to read that we have left such impressions with you and that you have enjoyed the junior suite, the ´outstanding` staff, and the ´superb` Super breakfast at the PebbleWood Corner.

Murat and the entire team appreciate your great feedback!

When travel brings you back to the heart of Brussels, we would be very honoured to welcome you again! Please do not hesitate sending me the dates of your next visit via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com.

I invite you to stay tuned on our latest offers and events through our social media!