Hotel Le Plaza
US$142
US$141
Novotel
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
  • Restaurant
Citadines Sainte-Catherine Brussels(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$106
US$101
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$103
  • Fitness centre
US$172
US$134
US$156
US$133
1,602 results
All reviewssex shopsthe grand placeclassic hotelbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomlarge bathroomstar hotelthe main shopping streetminute walkper nightweekend breaklate checkhotel barcity centremetro stationluxuryeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel which hosts both tourists with high budget as well as business travelers and diplomats!
The rooms are large and also the breakfast was expensive but good! The metro is just steps away taking you anywhere in Brussels.
If you spot a discount tariff, don’t hesitate to book!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BAY-GASTRO
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel was chosen for me when I came to take part in the Brussels Book Fair. All I knew of it was that it had once been both the German HQ and then the Allied HQ in WWII! Nevertheless, although the street is a little dull, I was very pleased to be there.
It is a fine traditional hotel, with a touch of grandeur, though modern in all facilities. The young staff were always friendly, professional and helpful. my room was comfortable, roomy and very quiet-the wonderfully muffled peace of older hotels, the bed extremely comfortable. The free wi-fi was hopeless; if you need it, buy the 7 euros a day deal. When I worked late one night, the room service hot chocolate was blissful and accompanied by---chocolates.
A feature of Brussels, not the hotel, is that Sundays the city shuts down. Taxis are almost impossible to get, even with the hotel's efforts, and I came within seconds of missing the Eurostar. A colleague missed his.

Room Tip: Mine was at the back-very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ElizabethSpeller
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I had bought a Valentine's package at this hotel consisting of a one night stay in their cheapest room, half a bottle of champagne, 3 course dinner including drinks and breakfast. According to the hotel web site they have valet parking, but when we arrived there were no one to park our car, so we ended up being parked in the middle of a busy street for 5 minutes, before leaving the car and going into the hotel to ask for someone to park the car. It took another 5 minute wait. When we had finally got someone to take care of our car, we went to check in. According to their web site check in starts at 3pm and we arrived at 4 pm. Still our room was not ready yet, and we were asked to wait in the lobby. While waiting we were not offered anything to drink, info for wifi etc. and was not updated about what was going on. After a 30 minute wait we told the reception that we would take a walk and come back 30 minutes later expecting our room to be ready.

At this point our expectations were probably so low, that we could only be pleasantly surprised, which we actually were. When we got back at 5pm, the room was indeed ready, they had arranged for our luggage to be in our room when we got there, and the half bottle of champagne was there in a cooler. The room was nice, with a great bed, a large bathroom and heaps of closet space.

In general the hotel is great, the staff is very friendly and helpful (though they could be a bit more attentive when leaving guests to wait in the lobby for their room to be ready), and though the old style theme is not that authentic, we liked the interior very much.

One very clear word of advise. Stay as far away from the restaurant as possible even though the atmosphere and service is outstanding. The food is absolutely terrible! It sticks to the plate making it painfully obvious, that it has been put there many hours before serving. The sauce did not come off the plate as it was dried out etc. This in combination with the high price level made our visit the their restaurant the worst eating out experience for years. That even though the restaurant staff was outright fantastic and very understanding to my complaints. I don't know what's going on in their kitchen, but it has nothing much to do with cooking....

Since my overall rating after all is very good, it is because we had many pleasant experiences with hotel staff, the breakfast was good, the location is fantastic, and apart from our restaurant experience, it is very likely, that we were just being a bit unlucky with valet parking and room not being ready when we arrived. I'm sure we'll remember the stay as having been very good when looking back at it a few years from now. However, we'll for sure also remember the bad restaurant experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tjanum
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I am not a frequent visitor of 4 and 5-star hotels, so I was impressed by the Hotel Le Plaza. Situated at walking distance from the Gare du Nord, the hotel is the image of early 20th century luxury with a painted dome ceiling in the bar and very comfortable, classical rooms that have conserved a certain feeling of the 'grand siècle'. My room was sufficiently spacious, with a large desk to work at and a nice bathroom and separate WC. The white cotton bathrobe was a delight. An appreciable feature was the room's entrance hall. Closing the door between the bedrooom and the entrance hall provided an intimate and incredibly silent atmosphere which is just what you want for a quiet night's sleep. The staff at the hotel were very professional, even remembering from one day to the next (in the bar) what my drinks preferences were!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JeanMic31
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel was chosen for me and my husband by the EP - I must say it was a very decent choice. It has a wonderful hall (with a grand Christmas tree - we stayed there at the end of November). The room was nice, clean, quiet - nothing important missing.

The location is very good, walking distance to the very centre of Brussels.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple