3,078 results
All reviews the grand place manneken pis walking distance grote markt bit dated main attractions cold meats excellent location single room midi station central brussels croissants city break short stay visit brussels centre anneessens
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I stayed there for one night and I enjoyed that the room had a balcony. The hotel is about 10 min walk from Grand place on pebble stone street. The receptionist I had left me there ignoring and kept talking with other guests from Spain in Spanish that he's from Valencia and other stuff. The other receptionist who is from Turkey saw that I was waiting and helped me.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel has good cleanliness and the location was perfect close but not too close to the Grand Place. However, the Internet was terrible and unable to get consistent signal. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Advertised for A/C but the small unit had difficulty keeping the room at a consistent temperature.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

When you look at this hotel at the internet and you see the price you have high expectations. Unfortunately Bedford Hotel & Congress was not that good I expected. It started already with the arrival. The reception didn't have real interest in the questions I had. The answers were very short and the person was already away before I could ask some more questions. The two persons had obviously no sense in it.
The hotelroom is OK. It is clean, the WiFi is slow and the channels on the TV are in many languages. The furniture is what outdated, but the marble bathroom is more timeless. The bed is of a normal size (not extreme big or long) and the duvet is a little too narrow. It was a little noisy at night in the hallway but this can happen in any hotel

Then the breakfast. The price is cheap (€7,50 per person). It was ok, but not special.
I think the price/quality ratio is not ok. You have not a bad hotel but for the price I advise to go elswere. For this I speak from experience, because I overnight on regularly bases many time a year in hotels in Brussels.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2018

On August 5, 2018, my family checked in to this hotel. When we arrived in our room, I started to take a shower, after a few minutes, I slipped in the bathtub. The hotel doesn’t provide a mat to place in the bathtub to avoid slippage nor does it put any signs. I banged my elbow and leg when falling and the elbow showed a bruise and was swollen immediately.
We went to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager. One employee named Marc said there was no manager on duty on the weekend. He even said that all hotels in Europe don’t provide mats. he said that the hotel was not responsible for the guest slipping in the tub, it’s the guests’ fault if they slip in the tub. When I started to get upset and showed him my swollen elbow, he became very rude and said “ This is not in USA!” He turned his back on us and walked away from the front desk. Another employee named Sebastian gave us the manager’s email, but we did not hear anything from him. He said if we continued to complain, he would have us and our suitcases thrown out of the hotel! We went to the front desk three times to communicate, but the hotel treated us with complete rudeness and arrogance. In all my years of traveling, I have never been treated with such rudeness and contempt in my life.
I went to the hospital and had to pay for my medical bills. During our stay, we did not receive any apologies from the hotel. After returning home, I received an email from the hotel stating that it would like to offer us discounts for our future stay. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK EVEN IT’S FREE!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank triohh
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Rooms are good , The one with three beds is very small , accommodating three adults in a room for two is worst idea. Breakfast good. Location wise really good. But you can get better, especially with luggage if you are travelling with family area not that classy. I am trying not to be biased, what I felt stunning is most racist approach of staff, they simply had NO on their lips for us. Any guidance should not be expected from male guy's , One of two ladies was good co operative though. Bathroom is just average, no service in that too.

Room Tip: Only if they offer choice , ask for roadside room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
ELISE N, Reservation Agent at Bedford Hotel & Congress Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear sirs

Thanks for your stays with our Bedford hotel & Congress center, and for taking the time to write a review,
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience of your stay with us,
We ‘re trying to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feed-back is very important to us
I hope you can forgive us for the mistakes from our team
We will be very happy to welcome you back soon
I remain at your entire disposal.
Best regards