“Be aware of your credit card”

Four Points by Sheraton Brussels
Ranked #68 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Budapest, Hungary
“Be aware of your credit card”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My stay in this hotel was paid by Solvay Brussels School but the hotel locked my credit card with 254 Euros for the room without informing me and withour my consent. The problem is still not resolved in one week I left the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear ethikos,

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor and I am happy that through other channels we have been able to make a start on assisting you on this matter. When you brought our mistake to our attention yesterday, my colleague Priyanka contacted you instantly to resolve this matter.

We apologise that your credit card was pre-authorised a few times during your stay. Our policies are to ask for a method of payment to guarantee either the room and extra via a credit card or cash. The credit then given to us upon check-in is pre-authorised (as in a amount blocked for the hotel) in case there are charges on the room account. The final amount is then debited from this amount blocked and the remaining comes back automatically to the credit card.

You are absolutely right that we need to explained when we block an amount and we do apologise that this was not done during check-in.

At this moment our accounting team is working to get this resolved with the credit card company, if in the meanwhile, you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact my colleague Priyanka or contacting me. I add my email address on the bottom of this reply. Of course we will keep you updated on any progress.

In closing - thank you for sharing & once again my apologies.

I do hope to welcome you back in the future and to show a more accurate image of the Four Points by Sheraton Brussels.

Best regards,
aart.niemans@fourpoints.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here while attending a workshop in Brussels. Found the service really good, the room , especially the bed impressed and the Fitness room was wonderful too. Breakfast had a good variety...all in all I had a wonderful stay...except for one minor detail....room service...do not order room service as the food is absolutely not worth the inflated price. As I was feeling ill I decided to stay in and ordered their flagship burger...what a waste...patty was overcooked and the fries was the left overs...there are so many good restaurants in the area, make the effort as it is worth it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Reuben59
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Reuben59,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!
With pleasure I read that you, amongst other things, have enjoyed the comfort of our Four Comfort Beds, they are especially designed to eliminate uncomfortable pressure points.

I am deeply disappointed by the experience you described as having with our Room Service. This is truly out of character for our team and our Four Points Burger. I have personally followed up with our Food & Beverage manager in order avoiding this from happening in the future. Once again, my apologies for this.

Should you wish to share any specific preferences for your future stay, please don't hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel as I would love to take personal care of your stay so we can assure you will receive the same overall service you experienced last time, this time including the Four Points Burger (which will be on me).

In closing - thank you again for sharing & hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,
Aart NIemans
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I usually do not stay at Sheraton properties, however I stayed at the Four Points in Brussels last minute on a business trip. My stay was fabulous from check-in to check-out. Very nice staff and clean property. The room was much larger than I expected, however the decor was a bit dated and the amenities were not as updated as I would have liked.

The main drawback at first was the location, however the hotel is situated right by a Tram stop which made it very easy to get to wherever you needed to go including the Grand Place.

I would also like to say that the staff offered me excellant directions and tips for my stay in Brussels - I would recommend this hotel and also I would stay here again on my next trip to Brussels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe W
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Joe W,

Thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor! We are extremely happy that we have been able to exceed your expectations!

I will definately pass on your kind comments to our front desk team, I know they will be delighted to learn that you valued their help.

I hope to welcome you back anytime soon,
Kind regards,
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We did not enjoy our 2 day stay. Our room was poorly maintained (blocked sink, dirty bath, main room curtain off its hook at one end) and the paintwork battered. Sound insulation is not good - we were woken up several times by street noise. The staff forgot our alarm call - after an initially graceless response they apologised and gave us a packet of biscuits. But the damage to our day was done. The hotel generally is in need of a makeover and feels rather dark and cheerless. We paid a discounted price but certainly did not get a bargain - standard similar to that of a budget hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MHSD2014
Dear MHSD2014,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. I am sorry to learn that we failed to provide you with a flawless experience – although I am grateful for the opportunity to learn about our shortcomings so we can do better next time.

I am deeply disappointed by the experience that you described as having had with us. This is truly out of character for our team and the overall experience we strive to offer to every guest. We uphold the highest standards with regard to service and comfort and your experience falls well below our expectations; for this I genuinely apologize.

Sir/Madam, your comments are important to me. I would very much value an opportunity to speak to you in person regarding the occurred and try to find a way to win back your confidence in the Four Points by Sheraton Brussels. Please find my email address underneath this message. I would appreciate to be able to get in contact.

aart.niemans@fourpoints.com
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We have a lot of Starwoods points and thus try to stay at them whenever possible; normally we shy away from Sheraton Four Points because they're all pretty terrible, but this was our only option in Brussels. It was TERRIFIC. The gym is more than adequate; the breakfast was above average (so much smoked salmon!); the parking was a steal by Brussels' standards; but most importantly the front desk service was fabulous.

As soon as we arrived, the super kind lady at the front desk whose name escapes me offered up restaurant recommendations for the night. The hotel is not quite near the old town, and we got in late and weren't thrilled about walking 20 minutes each way to dinner at some of the more well-known restaurants there; instead she made us reservations at Chou de Bruxelles, a 3-4 minute walk. The food was fabulous (piles of moules frites like I've never seen before), a good deal, and because she'd sent us & it seemed the restaurant has a good rapport with her, they gave us complimentary champagne before the meal AND complimentary cognacs after.

I had a little bit of a health scare/allergic reaction Sunday morning, and since everything's closed, we weren't sure where to go for medications. Again, this lovely lady at the front desk called up several 24 hour pharmacies on our behalf and had them deliver the meds immediately to the hotel. Amazing!

Only con is that it's a bit far-flung from the historic area. We didn't mind, since there's good shopping on the walk there, plus it was far cheaper than anywhere we could have stayed in the old town. We never took the bus/tram in; we walked back and forth for both days we were there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amandas711
Hi Amandas711,

Wow - I am feeling so proud while reading your experience report on Tripadvisor! It is a pleasure to read that we have been able to really exceed your expectations. Thank you for these kind words.

I truly hope to welcome you back anytime soon!

Alpine
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Location is very good, around the corner from shops, bus stop, etc., but its location is ON quiet street. A walk will take you to the lake and farmers market. Little grocery store on the corner with English speaking, friendly and helpful owner - fresh fruits, flowers, etc. Coffee shop on another corner. Hotel rooms are worn (we stayed in two different rooms at two different times)but roomy, clean and comfortable, nice TV, bring your own shampoo and soap. Rooms are a good value. Staff mixed, some very helpful and some not. Maid service understaffed. Your room may or may not be ready when you expect it, however we first checked in at 11:00 AM and room was ready (for which we were very grateful). We did not try the breakfast. Do not reserve taxi from airport to hotel. We did and never connected with the driver and had to get another taxi (which was easy to find)cost 50 euros. Hotel charged us an additional 25 euros for the taxi we couldn't find because the driver had to pay for parking. But getting a taxi at the hotel very convenient. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in different rooms on two different occasions. Both rooms were OK, but garden (back) side...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear DMURPHYAlpine,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your stay with us. We are happy to learn that you will stay with us again when you would visit Brussels again. Thank you for your trust.

Please be assured that I noted down your constructive comments and we will address these internally.

I hope to welcome you back soon with us,
Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here for one night in August'2013 and was disappointed with the service. Had a tough time at check in and the person refused to upgrade us even though my husband is a platinum member and there were rooms available.

After a 10 minute discussion he agreed and we got a better room. The property overall is good but I have had better experiences in four points by sheraton in many other cities.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vidhi2014
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Vidhi2014,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I am happy, next to your checkin experience, you rated us as an overall good hotel.

I am deeply disappointed by the check in experience that you described as having had with us. This is truly out of character for our team and the overall experience we strive to offer to every guest but especially for our Starwood Preferred Platinum guests.

We uphold the highest standards with regard to our "welcome" and your experience falls well below our expectations; for this I genuinely apologize. I am pleased to inform you that we recently conducted a full refresher training for all our front desk associates as we do take pride in our service level at the reception desk.

In closing, I want to thank you very much for your feedback. I was sorry to learn that we failed to provide you with a flawless experience – although I am grateful for the opportunity to learn about our shortcomings so we can do better next time.