“Great value”

Four Points by Sheraton Brussels
Ranked #76 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Located on the outskirts of the city, but easily accessible by the trams.

Waited a good 15-20mins to be served at the reception as one attendant was busy with a guest. There were 3 others behind the counter - not sure what they were doing, but it would've been nice to have some acknowledgement rather than me just waiting aimlessly there for the other girl to be free.

Requested a garden view room in the booking but didn't get one. Hotel didn't seem that busy.

These aside, it was a good stay here, and good value for money.

Pros
- free bottled water
- large room size
- free internet

Cons
- the sink/vanity is outside of the bathroom/toilet
- water pressure was pretty average/weak
- hot water would progressively get cooler
- could hear street noise despite being a few floors up

Important Stuff
- free and premium (paid) wifi. The free wifi is very fast and can connect multiple devices
- toiletries were a combo of individualised and also the big refill bottles
- would I stay again? yes. The are some niggling issues, but it's very good value

Room Tip: Had read comments about the noise. My room window wasn't closed properly so do check! It made a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Brussels

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been backpacking through Europe and booked the hotel for a night thinking it'd be a nice treat to escape from the hostel life. I was wrong. The room is completely over priced for the lack of service. I couldn't even take a shower in my room! There was no hot water and the water was coming out yellow! It took them almost an hour to get me into another room to shower and I Still couldn't shower!! Not once did they even apologize for how ridiculous and inconvenient this was! The air conditioning would just stop running in the middle of the night. Don't waste your money I'm so disappointed that Sheraton actually put their name on this place.

• Stayed: August 2014
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Illy monster,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was sorry to learn that we failed to provide you with a flawless experience – although I am grateful for the opportunity to learn about our shortcomings so we can do better next time.

Indeed we did have a short period last week where we had issues with our hot water supply for which I am sorry. We were able to solve this during the day but several rooms got affected by this technical issue. I am truly sorry that this also happened to you. Know however that, as technical issues do happen, this does not mean in any way that I approve of the way this situation was handled by us. Naturally I would have expected more empathy for your situation, an apology and better choice of options than you were apparently given. Your comments will allow me to investigate this in full and I will follow up accordingly.

Illy monster, if you allow me, I'd like to get in contact with you in order to make things right. I will add my email adress at the bottom of the email.

In closing, I value your feedback as it tells us where to improve and we will take your comments on board to change for the better. I hope to welcome you back in the future to show you that this was a one-time-fail.

Kind regards
aart.niemans@fourpoints.com

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The four points is situated in the center of Brussels not far from the Airport which was my final destination. However the price was one third of that of the Airport hotel.
The rooms at four points are very large, the TV set was of a size worth mentioning it (50"!)
Beds are of the excellent Sheraton quality and offer a great rest ( after all the main reason I am looking for an hotel).
Bathroom was a bit small but still ok to have a decent shower.
Basic internet is offered for free, premium can be booked for additional costs.
Staff was friendly and offered a discount on the breakfast when booking at check-in.
I had a room on 4th floor that was very quiet.

All in all the hotel has an excellent value for money ratio.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ptlux
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear ptlux

Wow - that is a great read! We are truly proud to learn about your experiences!

I hope to welcome you back at Four Points!
Best regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is very nice and excellently located to places to eat, drink and almost all the main tourist sites such as the Grand Place. The metro is right outside the door to get to other sites not within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John P

Dear John,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay that much! We also believe that we are in the best part of town, having all this great restaurants, bars & shops around the corner while not being far away from the touristic attractions! Best of both worlds, we believe.

We hope to welcome you back again!
kind regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a pleasant stay at the Four Point in Brussels. We stayed six nights. Three were book using SPG Points and the rest were booked through Orbitz. Breakfast was not included, we opted to take the discounted price offered at check in for breakfast. If you do book your room with points combined with a hotel booking site, make sure that the discounted breakfast applies for your entire stay. We had a problem at check out with different rates for breakfast on the days we stayed using the booking site. It was our understanding that the discounted price for breakfast applied for the entire stay. I will say when it was brought to the attention of the hotel staff at check out it was quickly resolved.
The staff was welcoming and helpful, especially Zeta. The hotel is on the outskirts of the city centre, but easily accessible by tram. We took a train and tram from the airport, cost 10e per person. It took about 30 minutes. The hotel arranged a cab back to the airport for us, at a rate of 45e. The hotel could use some updating in the rooms. The beds were harder than I expected for a Four Points. The carpet was a little dark and dated, thereby making the room dark. The Garden could use some care, when we were there, grass cutting and bushes trimming was needed. It was nice to sit outside, relax and have lunch after a morning out. The hotel bathroom was very clean, this is very important to me. Breakfast was not hot, just warm. The first couple of days of our stay it was a little sparse, but they only had two people working and I think they were overwhelmed. The rest of our stay breakfast was more ample with more people working and helping with the cooking. If you want fried eggs and not the condensed scramble ones, just ask and they will prepare them for you. WiFi was free and worked well.
All and all our stay was very nice and I can’t say enough about the staff, they were great. If we ever visit the area again, we will stay at the Four Points.

Room Tip: you have to go through the elevator to get to the garden area
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnlh
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi johnlh,

Wow - thank you for the extensive report on your stay with us! I value your feedback and please rest assured that I will share this with our team (especially Zita :-))

We hope to welcome you back to Four Points at anytime!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are backpacking through Europe for a month and landed this hotel with out first priceline purchase. It is about 15 minutes from the Town Hall, which is the heart of downtown. That 15 mins is by tram keep in mind. There are multiple tram and bus stops within 1/4 mile walk. From the Brussels airport, we took two busses but did not realize the 24 hour pass we bought covered metros and trams as well. The 24 hour pass was only €7. Well worth it! Again, it gets you on the metros, busses and trams in the area.

The hotel was definitely in need of some cosmetic love. However, we had a king size bed and a great size room for Europe. Everything was clean and perfect for a stay. We were only here for two nights, but if here for a week I would have no problem being here the whole time.

The staff was friendly and the front desk woman was super helpful. The bar was a little slow. The one blonde bartender told us they were out of Stella and only served us ONCE in EIGHTY minutes-- we only stayed due to the World Cup being on. However, the gentlemen helped us and low and behold Stella was on tap!

There are also good restaurants and bars in the area. We did not go to the wine bars, but there are quite a few in walking distance with most of them having high yelp reviews!

Oh and lastly, free wifi is always a plus!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dmama1314

Dear dmama1314,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to share that we are currently in the proces of investing some cosmetic love into our hotel. This summer we are refreshing all the corridors by fresh paint, new doors, new doorlocks & new carpet.

I am sorry to read about the bar experience, I have followed this up with our bar manager, thank you for sharing this & I hope your favourite team won that night :-)

In closing, thank you for your comments and yes I agree, free wifi is a plus.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The more I stay at this hotel the more I like it. I have been staying here on a regular basis for close to 10 years. The difference is the staff. They are very accommodating, friendly and responsive to your needs. This time was I stayed for 6 nights and had a room overlooking the garden in the rear of the hotel which was very quite and comfortable. The most impressive part this time was that as I walked in the lobby and approached the registration desk they handed me my room key, they had pre-registered me. Talk about great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear of the hotel overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AartNiemans, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Alvarezpj,

Wow - it is great to read such great comments from a repeating guest! Thank you so much! We aim to give excellent service to everyone. We are truly happy that you keep enjoying your stay with us.

See you next time?