“Superb location to explore”

Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Ranked #47 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
East Sussex
“Superb location to explore”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

As many others have mentioned, the Ibis hotel is a stone's throw from Grand Place and a superb location to explore the city.

Rooms are functional, clean and in the end a place to sleep is what you are getting and should not really be a surprise when you arrive.

My wife and I stayed two nights to explore Brussels for the first time and to visit the Christmas markets.

Stayed in Room 140 which was on the first floor and immediately to the left of the lift doors. Subsequently there could be a bit of noise first thing in the morning and in the evening with people entering/exiting the lifts.

The room does have a second door to close one presumes to deal with this problem but there is not enough room to close it - see picture attached. Not a great problem as we always travel with ear plugs!

Breakfasts in the morning are buffet continental or hot bacon, sausage, scambled eggs or baked beans. More than adequate to set you up for the day. Our breakfasts were included in our package and if paying separately, would possibly pay for convenience, but certainly not difficult to walk a few paces from the hotel to find something else.

We found Ibis off Grand Place to be a superb place, friendly staff and our room to our expectations.

Room Tip: Room 140 looks out to the right of the hotel, over the entrance to the car park. Nothing interestin...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
On behalf of the hotel team we would like to express our appreciation to you for your possitive feedback on your stay in our hotel. We are delighted to hear that your stay was to your expectations and that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a triple room which was on level six and not accessable the whole way up via the lift. I had asked for a room with a view and we had a tiny little loft window which was not sealed very well (u could see small gaps on the edges )and yes we had a glorious view of the buildings lit up but we got a lot of noise from the weekend party goers on the street.
The rooms are incredibly stark and dull. There is not one bit of homely feel ... Not even a picture on the walls. Tiny bath room but my room was ok size wise. What u do get from this Ibis is location.... it is excellent! Rooms were spotlessly clean and parking right next door. I would stay here again as it is good basic quality in a top location .

Stayed December 2013
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay in Ibis Brussels Off Grand place. 7 of our 184 rooms are indeed located on the 6th floor, which are the most quiet rooms of our hotel. The local nightlife is indeed vibrant, especially in the weekends, which is part of what attracts many of our guests. We are sorry if you still experienced some noise from outside.
It is nice to hear that you would stay in our hotel again when travel brings you back to Brussels.
Baldock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The lobby is smart but the service slow

The rooms comfortable and the wifi is included

You pay a lot for the location which is a short walk to Grand Place which looked fabulous on a clear night

Breakfast was extra so we ate out

You have to be pay room tax locally

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback concerning your stay in our hotel. Our hotel is located in the middle of the city center, next to the market square, which for a lot of our clients is indeed one of the main reasons for staying in our hotel. We are happy to that you enjoyed your stay.
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My first impression on arriving in my room was that I had never seen such a spartan hotel room. However after staying two nights on business I found that given the positioning of this hotel in the accommodation market, it actually worked fine, and I didn't find anything that would give me cause to grumble! Although I didn't have breakfast I did have one of the light meals in the bar one evening. The food was fine and the service good. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comment. It's always a pleasure to hear that clients had a good stay and we hope we can welcome you again in the future.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Reception handled us well and then let me loose to find the room, it was a long way, and being elderly and late it was not very helpful. It felt like take it or leave it, despite being previously booked.

The room was modular and I was so high up, I had a velux skylight and it was a bit noisy at night.

There was no one to help anyone at breakfast and there were few tables. Needing something gluten free did not happen, SI I was hungry. Breakfast was not very satisfactory.

Room Tip: Not on top floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking to post your feedback concerning your stay at the ibis Brussels Off Grand Place. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We appreciate your concerns, and I will discuss your comments with our team.
Utah
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This is right next to the Grand Place, and a very short walk from the central station, making it a great and central location. The room was small, but, honestly, what more did I need than a bed? It was very clean, and the staff was helpful with the questions that I had. Will stay here again when I come to Brussels.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
I was very pleased when I saw your comments about your stay in our hotel this morning. I will share your comments with our team, which will certainly motivate them to keep up the good service that they provide to our clients.
We are really hoping we can welcome you again in the future.
Kindest regards,
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with friends. Very small rooms but was clean & beds comfortable. Towels could do with replacing & bath small to have a shower as the large soap dispenser is situated on the wall that even a petit person would knock their elbows. Quite noisy either from street or other guests. As hotel restaurant is being refurbished continental breakfast was served in the bar for 9 Eur. Chaos, too many people & so little room. Having said that the location is really good as it is just a 2 minute walk to the Grand Place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
May I begin by thanking you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us as they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality, service and comfort. I will discuss your comments with our team.