“Quirky room great value for its location.”
Review of Chelton Hotel

Chelton Hotel
Ranked #84 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Orpington, Kent
“Quirky room great value for its location.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I too got sunny room 53 on the 4th Level, with a wooden spiral staircase, I loved it! very private, no noise from other residents heard. you get the sun in the morning on one side and in the afternoon on the other! great views ! nice modern room with minimalist decor (bring your own clothes wire hangers). Staff are very friendly and polite. Did not have breakfast as they do not serve wholemeal bread. We went to EXKi assemble yourself breakfast which is great value ! We found a great walk nearby to Margaret, Ambiorix and the spectacular Marie Louise Squares. The parc du cinquantenaire and the mosque is a short walk.Schuman metro is 8 minutes walk. We walked to the Grand Place where you can go on a guided walk of Brussels (recommended). the hotel area is full of offices, and some residential flats so very quite at night. Pubs and sport bars are not far however. there are over 100 channels on the TV including Arabic channels, BBC1,2 &3 BBC world and BBC world service radio.Really enjoyed our stay and would come back.great value for money for its location.

Room Tip: The hotel has ordinary rooms if you do not like the quirky rooms on level 4. if you get warm at nigh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Chelton for work and it has a great location just behind the Commission and European council. Was lucky to get room 53 with terrasses at both sides of the room. A bit strange with the toilet (without sink) downstairs but still in the room, but exotic still. A bit expensive breakfast (14€) but everything in Brussels seems expensive. A good 3 star hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel looks quite old and the lift is super old and tiny in my standard (maybe not in comparison with Italian Standard or so)

But the spacious room will surprise you with a stunning city view. Big and comfy bed will bring you a good sleep

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very good hotel with comfortable beds. I had an excellent sleep during 3 days i had staid there. For a business travel good sleep is of a great importance for me.
I had a double room of comfortable size. Breakfast of price 10 euros was very enough: tasty , fresh and diverse food with a choice of fruits and desert. Perfect start of a day.
I recommend Chelton !

Room Tip: Double room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is easy to find, 5-6 minutes walking distance from the metro, convenient if you have a meeting with EU offices, wi-fi is free, the hotel staff was friendly. I didn't specify my room to be large but the one I got was quiet large. The heating was a little problematic but as the weather was not that cold it was okay. I also liked the bed and my sleep quality was nice. The lights in the room needed some improvement but anyway.. It was a good experience for me, but if you can find a better deal for a better price, go for it because I think the price was a little over the average.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnDoe049
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Our room was spotless, I have very high standards for cleanliness and the room was very clean. As a family of 5 I was struggling to find a hotel in Brussels to accommodate us all and worried that we had 'settled' in order to fit in a room but my fears were alleviated when we walked in. The staff were incredibly friendly, the room spacious (even with a double and 3 singles) and very close to the metro. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was spending one night in this hotel and it was my worst hotel experience in quite a while. My room was very very small, next to the office of the staff and also next to a public toilet! That toilet was used during the night by drunk guest who were having a party in the dining hall. I could hear the flush in every 10 minutes 'till 3 a.m. Another shocking discovery: there were no heating in my room! When I told the man at the reception he offered to come with me (!) and turn on the air conditioning, with his own remote control. It did not get warmer, but it became much noisier. When i wanted to turn it off I had to go to the desk again, and ask the guy to turn it off for me. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this "hotel" to anyone!
On the plus side, the breakfast was excellent, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business