“Lovely food, friendly staff”
Review of SIX NATIONS Pub & Restaurant - CLOSED

SIX NATIONS Pub & Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Visited this nice pub last saturday. I had a steak and kidney pie and my wife the chicken burger. Both were very nice and large portions for an affordable price. Staff are very friendly. Will visit again when in Brussels. Bottle of housewine only 13,50 euro ;)

Reviewed 13 January 2013

If you need a place to watch your usual rugby matches and engage in a nice conversation about the game, this is the spot. Food is not bad at all, but I think it's not the central part of the experience. Remember, you are not there looking for the "total gourmet experience", but rather at a pub that serves good food at a decent price. Good selection of beers and liquors as well, and a staff that wants to make things easier for you. I am definitely going back.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

...something a little close to home.

The Six Nations is the place I head to when I need something resembling UK pub food. Prices are reasonable in here and I, personally, haven't had a bad meal in there (I know that they were recently looking for a chef which could explain a couple of previous reviews!).

I've been disappointed with curries in the Asian restaurants in the area and the one here sorts out my craving. The full breakfast includes white and black pudding, and their Red Dragon burger (Welsh lamb and fried leeks) is very good.

1  Thank GroverUK
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I did not have high expectations as this is a busy city centre pub and I have eaten at the other pubs under the same ownership (Old Oak, De Valeras...), but this was below any expectations that are possible to have for a restaurant.
I was in a group of 8 people to watch a football match and each of us were very dissapointed with the food. Personally I don't like the cheap beer that they have on draft so that is a bad start. I got a fish and chips and to say it was burnt is an understatement. The fish batter was near black and the chips were cold. Figure that? It was basically inedible.
I will not go back here to eat ever again, the only reason I will go back is for a drink with friends - the Guinness is not too bad.
The service was not bad considering the bar was very busy, buy they didn't care about the food when I said to them.
I took a photo of the fish and chips but I lost it, lucky for them as it was disgusting.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

The service was ok, friendly enough but they do take about 40 minutes to cook a burger less than they should. Still, they were all nice. The food is just shocking, leave it. If you wanna watch football and drink Heineken then it's fine, but don't eat. Prices are not great when you take into account other nearby bars. I don't expect big things from a place like this, but this was much worse than is acceptable.