Alliance Hotel Brussels Expo
Hotel Victory(Groot-Bijgaarden)
Sunrise Apart Hotel(Saint-Jans-Molenbeek)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Defiantly an old property....staff is nice..Buffet breakfast is ok..the only problem is rooms are small..and if you have a room facing the road (highway..I suppose) then don't expect good sleep at all..But yes 2 mins walk to the Expo & the metro..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

i travelled under Gulliver company in may 2012. they promised a 3 person room but it was so small that we cant even open our luggages.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank wtb912
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Breakfast is basic but fine, parking is EXTRA, the rooms are basic and not 100% soundproof to the hallway.
Location is next to the Expo

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Dated hotel with small lobby, small bar and small rooms.

My room was clean but the acoustics in the hotel were poor and, despite an early night, I was woken at midnight by doors closing and one or two other noisy guests. No point in complaining as they weren't shouting and I suspect they were just unaware of how sound carries in this hotel.

The stairwell had a strange smell.

The only redeeming feature was that the hotel was conveniently located for the EXPO.

Had I paid half as much as the actual rate I paid I may have rated it as 'average'

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MrDShropshire
Reviewed 8 December 2011

When I read the reviews for this hotel on here I was worried I was going to be staying in a run down prison-like nightmare!

However, when we arrived, we were greeted by a clean exterior with well kept gardens and inside there was a lovely gentleman who checked us in. He gave us a map of both the city centre and of the Metro system. He was very helpful in showing us the easiest way to get to all of the major attractions via the Metro and also told us the bus times.

I opened our room door to find a well laid out room which was by no means too small. Everything was very clean and there was a reasonably large television, hair dryer and trouser press. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was brilliant.

Our towels were changed every day and we they also refilled our coffee, tea, sugar and milk.

Even with the window open, there was no traffic noise or anything and the other guests were mostly professionals and were well behaved.

The view from the hotel is lovely as it looks out over the Atomium (a must see in Brussels).

The only negative thing I have to say about this Holiday Inn is that it is approximately a 20 minute drive from the centre and Taxi's are very expensive. It cost us around 26 Euros to get a taxi back at night. The Metro is cheap but if you don't speak French, it can be hard to work out.

I think the people who have left bad reviews for this hotel are obviously used to much more expensive hotels where you have four-poster beds and a Jacuzzi. They obviously have nothing better to do than write bad reviews unnecessarily.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple