“Very bad”

Moscow, Russia
“Very bad”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

- its not five star definitely. Maximum 3 star
- there was no hot water
- when in the room, you hear everybody in the corridor
- I called three times through land phone to Moscow for 5 minutes - it costed me 64 euro
- shower handle was in terrible condition, most not working
- room was quite small for such price

3 Thank s55555555
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear s55555555,
Please rest assured we have reviewed your comments at management level for corrective actions and do apologise for the inconveniences occurred during your stay.

I am sorry you were disappointed, which is obviously not the image I wish you retain of your recent experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I would be keen to discuss your experience further and would invite you to contact me personally at the hotel. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

With my best regards,

Regional General Manager - Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our third visit to this hotel and I think the best. This time we had a room overlooking the side of the hotel which was really nice and possibly had been recently re-furbished? Comfortable if rather soft bed, excellent shower and everything spotlessly clean. The location of the hotel is also very good just a few minutes walk from the central square so close to restaurants and bars. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as at 30 euros a head it did seem a bit pricey although while we were there you could get the second days breakfast at half price. Even so it seemed a bit steep. The continental breakfast at 15 euros didn't tempt us either - there are plenty of snack bars locally who do much the same thing for about 6 euros. We did start our day with coffee in their Chutneys restaurant which was fine - no kettles in the rooms!! Lovely friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Hope to be back!

Room Tip: Our room on the side was very quiet. Take a travel kettle and supplies if you like to have tea or c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear SurreySingleMum,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Thank you very much for your kind comment. Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated. Please be assured I have shared your positive comments with all the staff of the hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place, may I take this opportunity to thank you again for your remarks.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This grand old hotel is extremely well kept and has a sense of finer times. The hotel is extremely well situated for sight-seeing and is within an easy walk to the central train station in Belgium. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was quite nice; comfortable, clean and quiet. The buffet breakfast was excellent. We would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nmp66
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear nmp66,

We are glad you have enjoyed your stay and experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit to Brussels or within other Warwick Hotels

Lyon, France
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Eveyroine working in this hotel is very receptive to questions, is very positive, open .. and makes the stay wonderful.
The hotel itself is verywell located, the rooms are a little old style to my taste, but the attitude of the personnel (recpetion, breakfast, room ...) is such that any other thing is not an issue.

1 Thank ClaudeLyonFrance
Dear ClaudeLyonFrance,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read you enjoyed the quality of the hospitality, our service as well as our professional staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in Brussels.

Sincerely Yours,

Regional General Manager Brussels
Shropshire
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My first impression of this hotel was excellent. I walked in during the evening to hear a piano playing in the bar and was checked in by friendly and efficient staff. My room was perfectly good - a reasonable side, nice toiletries in the bathroom etc. The hotel is in an excellent location in Brussels - perfect for exploring and finding nice places to eat.

However, many of us staying here (we were in a group) spent the start of each day together talking about how HOT our rooms were. Each night I was there, I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep because of the heat. Twice when I returned during the day, the cleaning staff had left the window wide open to let some cool air in. What a waste of energy! Why not turn the heating down to an acceptable level instead of overheating the place and opening all the windows? The heat made my stay there an uncomfortable one.

The other aspect that put me off was the price of food and drink. I have never before stayed in a hotel (and I stay in many) that charges 8 euros PER DAY for the pleasure of providing a tea/coffee machine. The breakfasts, also, were so expensive that it just wasn't worth calling in to eat a something light. At that price, I would have wanted to sit down for a long and leisurely meal.

So, on the surface this was a lovely hotel. The location, room size and service were excellent. But the heat meant I couldn't sleep and charges to get something basic to drink just made me feel the hotel was trying to find ways to make money from me. I wouldn't stay here again. By the way - all colleagues complained of overly-warm rooms and we were staying on different floors.

3 Thank ShropshireSue
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Shropshire,

I appreciate you took time to give your feeling about our property.

I am sorry to learn that the climate in your room was not comfortable, rest assured your remark concerning the “open window” has been transferred to the department head concerned.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Brussels,
Should you decide to come back to Brussels, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to oversee personally your stay.

Sincerely yours,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel has a great location its in the heart of the city all the shopping center , chocolates street food street our just walkaway from the hotel, staff our very kind and helpful rooms are bit small in size but very comfortable i would be more than happy to book the same hotel whenever i visit Brussels again...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Laeqa
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Laeqa,

Thank you for sharing your experience and staying with us.
I am glad we have been able to make you enjoy Brussels with a truly hotel experience.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Sincerely Yours,

Netherlands
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Almost four years ago I wrote a review of this hotel. I've been back a few times since then. It continues to be our favourite hotel in Brussels. The location is superb. There is a free newspaper in the morning.

This last time, however, we had a room on the second floor that had a problems with the heating. The room was too warm. The staff (maid & mechanic) were called in to try to modulate the temperature, and they both assured me that the settings were right. For some reason, the window was blocked from opening fully. It was a German-style window, but it could only open horizontally and not vertically. Are all the second floor rooms like this? Also, we were right over an air conditioner or other machine that made a significant humming noise. I didn't feel comfortable asking to change to a different room because we had already changed rooms once because of the noise from the front.

It's still our favourite hotel in Brussels and I appreciate its commitment to the community. However, I didn't enjoy our stay this time because I didn't sleep well. And in the end a good sleep is the primary thing a hotel is supposed to deliver. I would stay there again, but not on the second floor and certainly not at the front.

I also noticed that this room was fraying around the edges. It needs some TLC.

I suppose I should add that it bothers me that they charge such a huge amount for breakfast. I understand that this is the case in all good Benelux hotels. I'm just tired of it. I would like to get a nice upscale breakfast at a hotel like this without paying an absurd amount.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor and any room facing the front.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zwerf
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear zwerf,

We would like to thank you for having taken time to share your feedback about the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place. Obviously, we do regret that the room was too warm and we do apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations. For your information, in all the second floor the windows can be open horizontally.

I would like to thank you for your fidelity with us, should you decide to come back to Brussels, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to oversee personally your stay. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

Kind regards,