“Water and heat problems”
Review of Warwick Brussels

Warwick Brussels
Ranked #50 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Berlin, Germany
“Water and heat problems”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two nights for business last week. First, the positives, free wifi on multiple devices, nice lobby, well appointed rooms. The negatives, i had to run the shower for 20 minutes to get lukewarm water. The overhead shower was so forceful it was like being sprayed with a fire hose, so i used the hand nozzle despite it not having a hook (which caused the water dials to turn on and off everytime i picked up the hand nozzle as the hose would hit the dials). I had even called the front desk after the first five minutes of running the water and they said to just keep doing that, hot water would come eventually. Wake up 20 minutes earlier so you can get a shower, right. Both nights, i had to sleep with the window open (in November!) because the heat wouldnt shut off in the room. As a result, the second day, i got to hear all the garbage trucks coming at 6am! I also attended meetings in their conference rooms. We were in the big one across the alley way. Because of how it is situated, we were freezing the entire time, the bathrooms were at a constant temperature of about 10 C. The room was dreary and not well lit. The ceilings were low which made it feel even more enclosed. This wouldnt be my top choice for returning to brussels.

Location cant really be beat though!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NDMorrison06
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear NDMorrison06,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us.
We are glad you enjoyed our very unique and beautiful lobby.

I have taken good note of your comments for improvement in regards to services which were provided, especially in your room and I do apologize for those unusual problem happen. Rest assured I have reported your experience to the department head concerned for corrective actions.

Should you decide to come back to Brussels, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to oversee personally your stay. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

Please once again accept my deeply apologies and hope to have the chance of welcome you back at Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

With my best regards,

Regional General Manager - Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

They have certainly lifted their game since we were last here. Very friendly staff, super comfortable rooms and, now, decent wifi. It is exceptional value and perfectly located. Bit noisy outside during the night but that was not their fault.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear zeezee48,

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to write a review relating to your recent stay at Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We are happy to see you have spent a very pleasant stay with us. Your encouraging comments regarding the services and hotel facilities are a great motivation and give us even more enthusiasm on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guest. Rest assured I will be delighted to share your kind comments with my entire team.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place and please let me take this opportunity to thank you again for your positive remarks.

Best regards,

Brisbane Queensland
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We booked this on line some months ago and stayed for 5 nights. I cannot comment on the restaurant or the bars as the costs were very steep which put us off so we ate elsewhere - we ended up eating at one of the local cafes (there are plenty - streets are full of restaurants/bars/cafes etc for all budgets).

Location is near Grand Place and is literally a couple of minutes walk to the train station (Central) from where you catch a train to Zuid (the next stop) - this is where the Eurostar leaves from , so the hotel's location is very handy. Most of the staff were great and did have a good command of English, although they spoke French most of the time and on occasions it was hard to get your message across.

Beware though - if you are booking on line, pre-pay for the hotel prior to arrival - we had an issue where we were given a quote which we accepted, with the arrangement to pay direct to the hotel. However they changed the rate and charged us a lot more - we had no choice but to pay, even though we had the written quote the cashier was not interested.. After we left we communicated with the hotel a number of times, and eventually they admitted it was their mistake and refunded us most of the overcharge. Lesson learnt - book and pre-pay next time to avoid all the drama.

The room itself was very good - tastefully decorated and everything you could need and spotlessly clean. We didn't touch anything from the mini bar - again very pricey. The location of the room was in a quiet area, so we didn't have any issues with outside noise at all. The housekeeping staff also left us chocolates on our pillow of an evening which was a nice touch. Wifi was also very good - didn't have any problems with this at all. On the down-side, the bed was very uncomfortable and we never had good sleeps there. The lobby area has a lot of comfortable seats and is very welcoming.

Would I stay there again - I doubt it - mainly because of the bed, and also the drama with the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travel-shopper
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Travel-shopper,

We thank you very much for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed our central location and especially your room and the friendliness of our staff. Obviously, we do regret the misunderstanding regarding your booking.

Please rest assured your comments were taken very seriously and have been reviewed with the department heads concern for a corrective action.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Brussels at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in November for my birthday. My partner booked a suite and it was very nice and very clean. The location is perfect and central perfect for a week end break. Staff was nice and friendly. I would def recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank silviag752
Dear silviag752,

Thank you to have chosen the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place for this very special occasion and for the kind comments you have shared.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in Brussels.

Best regards,

Regional General Manager – Brussels
Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I can only comment on the room and the sleep quality here as we didn't eat or drink at this hotel. We got a great deal on our room and it turned up trumps. The room might be a little on the dark side for some but it had a very comfortable bed, enough space, a decent bathroom and delicious crunchy Speculoos. It's also very well placed for the Grand Place, galleries St Hubert and the museums.

Ignore the swimming pool and Spa scores below, they aren't meant to be there!

Room Tip: There was some street noise so a higher floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear mrsstarke,

Thank you to have chosen the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place for your visit in Brussels and for the kind comments you have shared. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yours Sincerely,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

- its not five star definitely. Maximum 3 star
- there was no hot water
- when in the room, you hear everybody in the corridor
- I called three times through land phone to Moscow for 5 minutes - it costed me 64 euro
- shower handle was in terrible condition, most not working
- room was quite small for such price

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank s55555555
Dear s55555555,
Please rest assured we have reviewed your comments at management level for corrective actions and do apologise for the inconveniences occurred during your stay.

I am sorry you were disappointed, which is obviously not the image I wish you retain of your recent experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I would be keen to discuss your experience further and would invite you to contact me personally at the hotel. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

With my best regards,

Surrey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our third visit to this hotel and I think the best. This time we had a room overlooking the side of the hotel which was really nice and possibly had been recently re-furbished? Comfortable if rather soft bed, excellent shower and everything spotlessly clean. The location of the hotel is also very good just a few minutes walk from the central square so close to restaurants and bars. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as at 30 euros a head it did seem a bit pricey although while we were there you could get the second days breakfast at half price. Even so it seemed a bit steep. The continental breakfast at 15 euros didn't tempt us either - there are plenty of snack bars locally who do much the same thing for about 6 euros. We did start our day with coffee in their Chutneys restaurant which was fine - no kettles in the rooms!! Lovely friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Hope to be back!

Room Tip: Our room on the side was very quiet. Take a travel kettle and supplies if you like to have tea or c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear SurreySingleMum,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Thank you very much for your kind comment. Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated. Please be assured I have shared your positive comments with all the staff of the hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place, may I take this opportunity to thank you again for your remarks.