“Fantastic”

Warwick Brussels
Ranked #50 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel was great. It was a 2 minutes walking distance from the train station and it was right in the middle of town. Everything we needed was around us, so that was a big bonus.
Hotel was a little old and the rooms a little on the small side though it was comfortable and the staff were very nice. I just wish there was coffee in our rooms as other hotels have as I felt like a coffee at night and I didn't want to get out of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jacques V, Responsable réception at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Elizabeth...,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We thank you for your comments and I was delighted to read you enjoyed our central localisation, our service as well as our professional staff.

For your next stay, do not hesitate to make a reservation for one Premium Room or Suite which offer tea & Coffee facilities.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in Brussels.

Sincerely Yours,

Regional General Manager Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The hotel is located adjacent to the Grand Place and Brussels Central Station, it is an old hotel but reasonable maintained.

During our stay, found some drawback are: female's sauna is out of order, no prior warning that the mini bar items are not supposed to me moves around and sound proof is weak.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Tfoo,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to hear that our hotel was not up to your standards.

The quality of service offered by our hotel is one of our most important priorities and I do hope you will give us a chance in the future to prove you we can do much better.

We sincerely hope you will give us a second chance of showing you the high level of service we aspire to provide to all our guests.

Kind regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hotel is lovely, definitely a 5 star, unfortunately bedroom was a disappointment , we booked a standard room so I understand it wasn't going to be as nice as the suits, however our bedroom did not meet the standards of what a standard 5 star room would look like,was clean enough but quite dated. Staff were very nice and the smell of the reception was beautiful. Fantastic location.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Jiggyswag...,

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us, especially regarding our central location, our friendly staff as well as the service provided.

Obviously, we do regret that the room doesn’t satisfy your expectation. Should you reconsider to revisit Brussels, may I invite you to visit our website to discover our different Rooms and Suite.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

DC
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel over the Christmas holiday. It is a large, older hotel so if you are looking for a sleek, flashy chain, this is not for you. The decor is what I consider a little tired and dated but not in an welcome way. Sometimes a break from chrome and glass does me good. Several sitting areas in the lobby and a nice bar gives you a place to meet with friends.

My room had a lot of closet storage making it easy to hide away suitcases in one area, and clothing in another. The bathroom decor was a bit dated but had strong water pressure and ample hot water. Another bonus was plenty of counter space. The feather top bed was extremely comfortable and difficult to leave in the mornings. Some other reviews talk about the hotel not being clean but I was very happy with housekeeping. They were very efficient and quick, servicing my room as soon as I left every morning. The hotel is centrally located on a quiet street and only a two-three minute walk from Grand Platz. I think the rates were excellent value for what I received and I have no problem recommending the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the cathedral.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Spoiledtravelguy
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear spoiledtr...

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions after your recent stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

It’s a pleasure to read you enjoyed our services and the hotel! Your enthusiasm for our employees is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. I will be delighted to share your kind comments with the team.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Yours sincerely,

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I saw Michael Portillo using this hotel on one of his Railway Journey programmes and thought to myself "I'd like to stay there" and so I did.

I must say that the staff were very helpful & informative. The reception is very nice but the room was not so good. It was very hot in the room even with the heating turned off. I had to have the window open to make the room cooler but very early in the morning the rubbish lorries woke me up whilst they emptied the bins.

The room was dated and rather small in comparison to other hotels that I stay in that claim to be 4* The bathroom was also dated, probably last refurbished in the 1980's I would have thought.

The hotel, however, is in a fantastic location, very close to the Grand Place with its many many good bars and restaurants.

Breakfast seemed prohibitively expensive @ 30 Euros, so I didn't eat in the hotel.

I did make use of the sauna which was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear IRW1968,

We would like to thank you for having taken time to share your feedback about the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We were pleased to read you enjoyed our location near to the Grand Place and the Central station, the hotel’s atmosphere, the facilities as well as the friendliness of our staff. Obviously, we do regret you were disappointed by your room.

We thank you again for your remarks and looking forward to welcome you again at the Royal Windsor Grand Place for your next stay in Brussels.

Kind regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel whilst we enjoyed the famous Christmas market. The trip on Eurostar was hassle free and getting to the hotel was again certainly no issue, there was plenty of Taxi's to take us to our location. Brussels is a beautiful city; Grand Place is blessed with such magnificent buildings and history. The streets are mainly cobbled so be prepared to take appropriate shoes as it can be very slippery when it has been raining. The Hotel itself is in a perfect location, the entrance is grand and very well kept. The rooms are basic but comfortable. The breakfast they offer is far too expensive and certainly not value for money, there are plenty of places to eat and certainly a lot cheaper too. There is only one issue I have with the hotel and I hope that this is being read by a member of management. My Wife and I left the hotel in the morning to do our usual site seeing and returned at approx 11am we walked past reception and on to our rooms. Within 10 minutes the fire alarm had broken, we were on the 5th floor and left the room immediately. We were greeted by a member of staff who spoke broken English and said that there was a fireman on the landing, there smoke everywhere. We could not use the lift and so used the stairs; we passed reception where the staff were standing in Hi Viz jackets, which was a bit strange as we wondered why they had not left the building. We discovered that this was a test and a smoke canister had been dropped in the corridor to add realism to the fire drill. The lady on the reception said that everyone was telephoned in the morning for advanced warning...of course, we were out and about. Looking back I thought the communication was very poor and there should of been a large sign in reception indicating what was about to happen and not rely on a telephone. I appreciate Fire Drills need to happen but without proper warning this sort of thing can frighten people and make people panic and do daft things if they are not properly informed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Rob K,

Thank you for staying with us at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We are glad you have enjoyed your stay, especially regarding our very central localisation and your room.

It is also with a particular attention that I read your concerns regarding the fire alarm. Although we have taken the necessary action to inform our guests through the tv system, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Please rest assured your comments were taken very seriously for the future.

We thank your again for your valuable feedback.

Yours Sincerely,

surrey
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Royal Windsor for a 2 night break for our anniversary and we were very pleased with this hotel. We stayed in a superior room with a view of the street, huge bed and lovely bathroom. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment. Best aspect was the location, perfect for Grand Place and it was spotlessly clean. The bar was very expensive but wouldn't expect anything else from a city hotel. The bars surrounding the hotel are about half the price. Overall very impressed.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GogoSurre...,

We thank you for taking time to share your experiences at our Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property and its location.

Looking forward to your next visit to Brussels.

Yours sincerely,