“Great location, clean and comfortable room”
Review of Warwick Brussels

Warwick Brussels
Ranked #49 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location, clean and comfortable room”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Booked as a lastminute secret trip, and it was great value for it. As previously stated its not quite a 5 star stay, but it is in an excellent location. Reception was very nice and the staff friendly and informative. Our room was basic, clean but we didn't have the problems that seemed to trouble the others.

Stayed at another hotel on the same trip which was a bit further from the centre but much better value

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Adelaidetraveller86,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are very grateful for your time.

It is a pleasure to read that your recent stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel grand Place met your expectations especially in term of location, quietness of the room and the friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to welcome you to your next visit.

Sincerely Yours,

Regional General Manager Brussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Χανιά, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Let's start with the interior of the hotel: very old and old fashioned. Probably, it was a 5 star hotel 15 years ago or even more.
But let's get to the point now! A couple of hours after I checked out and when I was already back home, I realized that i had forgotten a Chanel bag inside the wardrobe (the wardrobe had 2 doors and while packind I only opened 1 of the 2 doors).
I was not really worried as I thought I had to do with a "5 star hotel" with "5 star service" so I immediately sent an email to the general email address of the hotel (info@.......) asking them in a very polite way to send me my bag to my home address. Although I never asked them whether they found it or not as I was 100% sure that it was inside the wardrobe, I got an answer 2 days later from the Executive Head Housekeeper (from her personal email address) that she checked the room herself together with the maid who cleaned it after my departure and they didn't find anything, BUT she wished me "to find it soon"!!!
The next day I sent an email to the General Manager, informing him about the whole situation. I got his name and his contact details by his secretary, pretending that (as a hotelier) I would like to send him a personal bussiness letter.
I tried to explain to him that being in the hotel industry myself, I am well aware of the procedures held when a guest's personal item is found inside a room and that I was disturbed by the promiscuous answer I received from a member of his staff.
Nevertheless, I never received an answer! 2 days later I called his secretary just to make sure that he had received my email. No answer again. After a couple of days I sent a "kind reminder" but guess... no answer again!
Absolutely 5 star professionalism, don't you agree...?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Athina C
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Athina C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, comments and experience regarding your stay with us in 2011.

After an internal investigation, it has been brought up to my attention that you contacted by email the hotel and the General Manager, who was in place at this time, regarding an alleged theft of your Chanel Bag inside the wardrobe. To my information, we wrote back to you.

Needless to say that I sincerely regret such situation happened and I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Obviously, I am really surprised you contact us only through tripadvisor, 3 years after the facts.

We reiterate our apologies and should you have any misunderstanding on this issue, please do feel free to get in touch with me directly at my personal email; jvitu@warwickhotels.com
In the meantime please rest assured of my best attention.

Best regards,

Jacques VITU
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely reception and "lots" of friendly staff. Our room was basic, no kettle only 3 pillows for a king size bed, more on demand, but you would normally have 2 each from the start. The knob fell off our sink tap, but was replaced by the time we got back later that day. Once we managed to get the shower right, which took several attempts each time it was used, it was powerful. The lighting in the room was not wonderful, and confusing, with random lights on and off at different switches. The street was quite noisy of a night and bins and deliveries going on early morning. I think work is being carried out on other rooms/floors, as there was drilling noise when we came back late afternoons, but it is January and they have to do it some time. We had paid for a bed and breakfast Eurostar package, and the food was fantastic, but it would have been expensive daily.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hammies_1...,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review relating to your recent stay at Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.
We are delighted to read you appreciated our reception and our friendly staff.

Obviously, I regret that your room didn’t not meet your expectation and that some noise work disturb your stay. Rest assured that the department head concerned has been informed in order to investigate the issue in order to avoid such situation in the futur.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the noise and I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in Brussels.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked this via lastminute top secret and now I know why they kept it a secret! It has a great location in the centre of Brussels off Grand Place. The reception is very classic old continental European style and was spotless. The staff were courteous and professional but not excessively friendly. The room was very disappointing for the star rating. It was scruffy and the cushions on the bed were badly stained (they were replaced by housekeeping). The bed was incredibly comfortable (king size) and the room temperature perfect. There no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which initally I thought wouldn't bother me but as my stay progressed it really did! Its 15 years since I stayed in even a basic hotel without that. On the second morning workmen started banging away at 8.30am on the room above. Not hugely considerate so we escaped early. Breakfast is excessively expensive (one can only eat so much for 30 euros) so we ate closeby but that always a shame. I normally like the convenience of an in house breakfast.
This hotel is Ok for a low average 4 star, if it wasn't for the location I suspect their tripadvisor rating would be even lower. When we checked out no one asked us how our stay was, if everything was ok or encouraged us to return - I suspect they are not really interested in our answers. Clearly this hotel gets very variable responses from people - that in itself should be enough to spend your money elsewhere. Surely consistency is the hallmark of a good 5 star hotel (and I stayed in a few over the years, this is the first one I wouldn't go back to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear CM C

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I was really sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered; especially the noise disturbance and the service experience. I am personally conducting an investigation based on your comment. Regarding the attitude of the receptionists, I deeply apologize if you did not have the feeling that our front desk staff was taking care of you. Rest assured that the department head concerned has been informed in order to avoid such situation.

Your evaluation of our services and facilities is very important for us, it is only through guest's feedback that we are able to improve the quality of our various services and deliver standards up to our guest's expectations.

Please accept once again my deepest apologies for the inconvenience which occurred during your stay and I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future and assure you our best care and attention at all times. To that effect, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, in order to oversee personally your stay. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a Christmas shopping break for 2 nights. Disappointing to see double room is small no hospitality tray so require to pay for one €8 per day on top of £135 per night we had already paid plus extra city tax. Generally we stay in 5 star hotels for what we paid this was basic room average quite dark bathroom needed grouted so not 5*. Hot water needs to run for 10 minutes before you can have a hot shower. Reception staff friendly but BEWARE when we checked in we were asked for our card for security. Only on arrival back home realised they charged €100 deposit. After 14 days of back & forth emails I got my deposit back.

I would not stay here again but if you get a cheap rate then this is fair hotel not luxury. It's location is what it survives on right off grand place.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear veggiesam...,

I read your remarks with great attention and I am very sorry to learn the misunderstanding regarding the guarantee in your credit card. To all of our guests, we do ask for a method of payment in order to guaranty the stay (amount of the stay) and the extra. That is why a credit card is preferred as we only take an authorisation on the card. Also for your information, the amount of the authorization shall be release once the payment is made at check out. Moreover, according to banking institutions, some take longer than other before discredited the account and this is beyond our control.

We are really sorry that the reception didn’t give you more information during check in/check out and please rest assured that your comment was taken very seriously, and has already been forwarded to the Front Office department in order to avoid this issue in the future.

Should you give us another chance in the future, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel and please rest assured of our best attention at all time.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Near town hall, very central in Brussels. Nice hotel with a certain grandeur. Very friendly staff at reception and roomservice. comfortable rooms and slept like a king. breakfast is a feast. if doing Brussels , do Royal Windsor

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Tourist13...,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I am most pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and that we were able to answer your needs and expectations.

Thank you for your fine words and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back !
Sincerely Yours,

Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked this as a top secret hotel with lastminute.com. The description we recieved from them did not relate to any of the rooms on the botels website. After contacting last minute, we were told we were getting a basic room with none of the facilities we had been led to believe we were getting. They said they had contacted the hotel, and everything had been sorted out. When we arrived, we were in a basic room! Very nice, but not what we had paid for. We went to reception, to ask for a kettle, and told Alistair on reception what had happened. He checked our booking and confirmed that lastminute had not contacted them at all ! He immediately offered us an upgrade and couldnt have been more helpful. The room was gorgeous, fantastic location, and wonderful staff. Highly recommended. We would definitely go back, but would book the hotel directly. Thank you so much (stayed 03/01 -06/01/2014. Room 113 )

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lynne c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us this nice feedback about your recent stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the services of our staff especially regarding the nice upgrade, our service as well as the location of the hotel.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place and please do not hesitate to contact me or our reservation directly when you wish to come back to our property, in order to oversee your reservation. resa.royalwindsor@warwickhotels.com - jvitu@warwickhotels.com