“Great Location”
Review of Warwick Brussels

Warwick Brussels
Ranked #53 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Connecting directly to the airport and other key travel destinations the Central train station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is also located close to most tourist attractions in the area with many restaurants and cafés very close by. Not really a 5 star hotel but neither was the price so I got what I expected, lobby, staff, classic old hotel bar all very good, room ok but lots of little things not taken care of, ex. burnt out lights shower not great and a few other general maintenance items.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Alan L,

I appreciate you took time to give your feeling about our property.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed our location, our hotel and our friendly staff.
Obviously, I regret you had some disappointment regarding the maintenance. Please accept my deepest apologies for those inconveniences and rest assured that the department concerned has been informed in order to avoid such situation.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Brussels.

Yours Sincerely,

Regional General Manager Brussels

Write a ReviewReviews (2,677)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just back from mid week tues -thurs visit to Brussels. On arrival i was offered an upgrade for 25euro a night. I wasn't sure until i saw the room (615) amazing!! Stunning room on the top floor. It made my trip..
The whole hotel is as good, staff so attentive and friendly with lots of tips. Now the location, seconds from Grand Place.. I will be back but think i have been spoilt with the room i had..

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank studay
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Studay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand’ Place – Brussels.

We were very touched by your kind comments.
It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property, its location and most specially your room. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your comments with all of them.

We look very much forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place in the hopefully not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Although it was only one staff member, it ruined the experience. Our first encounter with a staff member (Serge) was very rude. We had trouble getting our cases through the door and instead of helping, he stood there shaking his head and then he just gave us attitude once we made it into the foyer. We also had to ask him for a city map after we had checked in and he was rude at that time also. Given this is a 5 star hotel, usually the staff are much friendlier and helpful. We also had broken towel hooks in our room (they had fallen out of the door) - a little thing, but unexpected in a 5 star hotel. One the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the wifi worked well and there was air-conditioning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tractor33

Dear Tractor33,

I appreciate you took time to give your feeling about our property.

It was a great pleasure to read your positive comments about our WiFi, air-conditioning as well as the comfort of your bed.

Obviously, it is with a particular attention that I read your concerns regarding the attitude of one of our staff as well as the towel hooks. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences this caused you and I am sorry you didn’t get a very good memory of your stay with you. These situations are most unusual, and please be assured that I have reviewed those points with the team and department concerned in order to avoid such situation.

We highly value your feedback as it is what enables us to keep improving our services. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place and prove you that what you experienced is not the level of service we offer to our guests.

Do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will be pleased to hear you. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Location is all this hotel has going for it. Rooms were small and average. I had a very bad encounter with the concierge who is rude and dismissive. I cannot image how this hotel has the Clef d'Or. It is certainly not deserved.

1  Thank amonole
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear Amonole,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. Obviously, we do regret that you were disappointed by the room, and especially by one of our staff members who are usually very friendly and helpful. Please rest assured that I have shared your review with the head department concerned in order to avoid such inconvenience.

On your next visit, may I invite you to visit our website where you will be presented with alternative room categories so that you could select a more spacious room.

Please accept once again my sincere apologies and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place to provide you with the level of service for which we are renowned.

I remain personally at your entire disposal and will be happy to assist you with your next booking at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My friend and I stayed one night at this hotel. It is very well sited both for the Grand Place and the Mannikin Pis. They had newly installed a system whereby you needed to use your key to activate the lift and it was having teething problems which made the staff rushed off their feet. When we went to our room, we had difficulty opening the door and could not manage to lock it at all. The staff despite their difficulties were incredibly obliging and sorted us out with another very nice room in no time at all, remaining calm and charming. There was a breakfast offer but it finished too early in the day for us to sample it. I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Pollyanna,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the efficiency and friendliness of our staff. Obviously, we do regret you encountered a problem with both the lift and your key. Please rest assured that I have shared your review with the department concerned in order to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Room 544 and departed 20 July... Happy with reception and staff, room and amenities... We enjoyed our stay: On Checking Out, I was advised of charges that were not related to me other than City Taxes. Three days later my credit card was hit for mini-bar use, which we didn't use. Contacted hotel on 26th who promised to refund and today this has not happened. Advised by Amex to cancel my card to avoid other charges... Done

Room Tip: If you go on a Eurostar Package, contact the hotel an ensure your room type. Top Tip: Mini-Bar very...
2  Thank Ted M

Dear Ted M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We are pleased to read you had a nice stay with us, especially regarding our friendly staff, your room and the amenities. Obviously, I do regret that you were charged for a mini-bar you didn’t use. Please rest assured that the necessary action has been made in order to avoid this situation and we did rectify the situation on your credit cart.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights. First impressions on getting to the quiet yet very well located road were good. It is about a 100 metres or so from one of the entrances to the Central Station so convenient if travelling by Eurostar via Midi/Zuid Station. The lobby is nice and check in staff (Antoine) was welcoming and efficient. A room was ready at around noon 2 hours before official check in but we decided against as we wanted a double. This was no problem to accommodate but we're told to return at 2pm which we has no problem with given its central location to Grand Place which was explored after dropping off luggage.

The room we were given(which we were told was an upgrade) was on the first floor and while not huge more then adequate for a two night stay and was well presented even though some of the decor is a little tired. Usual amenities were provided such as safe and fridge although his had the automatic mini bar system that I loathe which automatically registers any removal of drink even if it is to make space for drinks bought off site. Beds were comfortable and decent selection if English Channels. Complimentary wifi was adequate for general surfing but anything more like streaming or uploading photos to social media may need the paid for access.

The location is excellent as it is literally less then 5 minutes to Grand Place and all it's surrounding restaurants. Be sure to visit Grand Place in the evening as it is a very different vibe. There are several cheaper snack type bars around the corner if you take two lefts out of the hotel where you can get your frites fix.

Coming back to to the hotel in the evening was generally not a worry but do bear in mind that the entrance to Central station nearest to the hotel is frequented by groups of homeless people which May unnerve although they never approached.

Checkout was seamless and went without an issue I was afraid that a phantom charge would appear courtesy of the mini bar but this fortunately was not the case.

A word of warning is that you remain vigilant if you do ever visit the small grocery store 25 metres or so to the left of the hotel as the member of staff there tried to short change me when I purchased drinks. I cannot say with absolute certainly that it was an attempted 'scam' however upon paying with a 10 euro note( I know this as before walking in to the store I checked my wallet to see only 10euro notes)I was give the change as if I had given a 5 note. This is a very popular ploy as it can be an easy mistake to make and could come done to a genuine error by the shop keeper however I wasn't convinced it was judging by his reaction.

Overall our stay was extremely pleasant and while unfortunately slightly shy of a 5* score (there were a few occasions where maintenance work taking place in the hotel was either a bit noisy/slightly disruptive and the €24 euro pp charge for breakfast which wasn't taken up) this is an establishment that we will definitely consider staying at again when visiting Brussels.

1  Thank Vinnyboy10

Dear Vinnyboy1

First of all we would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the comfort of your room and the amenities.

Obviously, we do regret that the decor of the room appeared tired to you and especially that you had to suffer from noises exuding from our maintenance service. Please rest assured that I have shared this information with the department concerned in order to avoid such inconvenience in the future.