“Clean and average hotel”
Review of Le Dome Hotel

Le Dome Hotel
Ranked #159 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The hotel is at Rogier area next to Rogier metro and shopping district. The hotel has two parts. I was in the second more recently decorated one. Small reception but efficient. Room was spacious, clean and had free wifi. Breakfast was limited. If only some vege were avaliable it would improve breakfast. Hotel was quiet. Would return. Good value for money paid.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gaetano B

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We only ended up here because our usual hotel was booked up due, it seems, to the Christmas market happening at the moment. Actually very nice, room is a good size, comfortable, a bit of road noise but not excessive for what is effectively a city centre. A bit more of a walk to the Grand Place then we usually have but we need the exercise. Breakfast is fairly basic but good quality, wifi in the hotel would appear to be variable from the other reviews but working fine in room 206 and the reception area for me. Room clean, staff friendly, would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip, and would never go back...The furniture is very old, the worn towels didn't feel clean at all, the noise from the street was awful...and on top of all that, an average breakfast, with the drinks served in a PLASTIC cup and the coffee mug smelling funny...iou!
The only thing worth is the location, but I am sure one can find several hotels located downtown in the same price level with much more to offer...All in all, I wouldn't recommend it....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I've stayed here a few times on work trips. I like it because it is comfortable and the location is very convenient. It is a 10-minute walk from the Gare du Nord where the train to the airport goes so I can leave my luggage at the hotel for the day and collect it after my meetings on my way to the airport. There is a metro station very close to the hotel and it is only a short walk from the Grand Place. There are lots of restaurants beside the hotel and also a large shopping mall.

The hotel is a bit dated however it is clean and the beds are comfortable. In my experience dated hotels are not unusual in Brussels. The breakfast is nice and, anytime I stayed, there were always enough tables and staff to deal with the guests. The fact there is no wifi in the bedrooms might stop me staying there again. There is free wifi in the lobby.

In my view this is a 3-star hotel and offers good value for a Brussels hotel. It costs me about half the price of the 4-star hotel in the Euro zone that I used to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed here on business in November. The hotel has two buildings/receptions next to each other. First thing I noticed was guests filling the lobby seats to have access to wifi (which didn't work in the breakfast area in the back or in my room), and that many are smoking there.
I stayed in a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor (stickers everywhere to indicate this), yet it smelled of smoke. Strange were therefore the ashtrays in both the room (with note requesting not to smoke in bed), and bathroom. The towels were a bit worn, and one contained a red-brown stain. The location is relatively central, with a public parking garage at a minutes walk (eur 14.30 per 24 hrs). Breakfast was decent, nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was in Le Dome Hotel in October, 2010 for my work purposes. It's location is really good, it is in a city center.As for the hotel it is very old one, with old-fashioned furniture. The rooms are of middle-sized, and little bit gloomy, but everything is really very clean and the bed is very comfortable.As for people in the city, they are really very rude and mean. They will never talk to you in English, If you do not know the other language, than it is too hard. It was hard for me without family there.
The breakfast is good and very tasted.
Reception guys are great. They helped me so much to find the place I wanted to go for my Workshop.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Le Dome II, it is a very nice hotel in a very nice area, close to rue neuve shopping area. beside it the metro station. walking distance to the grand place and the train station. the rooms are very nice. breakfast , which is included in price, is very convenient. The staff are very polite and cooperative. I have been using this hotel for 6 years now. I feel as if it is a second home for me.

Room Tip: the street view rooms