All reviewsavenue louisewell stocked mini barweekend staybuffet breakfast isthe hotel staffside streetmin walkthe grand placecity breakchecking outroom was spaciousmetrobathtoothbrusheurosbelgiumeurope
Reviewed 22 November 2016

This was not a great hotel. I booked it because the pictures looked nice and it was a reasonable price. Normally, I'll sacrifice luxury for a better price, but this is one of a few times that it didn't pay off.

The hotel staff were quite dismissive and condescending when I checked in, the hotel in general was in disarry. Unclean carpets, dated furnishings and untrustworthy elevators.

Room wasn't much better. The pictures made it looks regal and grandiose and I assure you that's trick photography. My wife kept saying that she wanted to go to another hotel and the only thing that prevented me from agreeing with her - was me bring a cheapskate.

When we checked out early, we asked front desk if we could keep our car parked there while we took a few hours to explore the city and they declined and told me i had to move my car, or pay for another night.

Room Tip: Best tip would be to book somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecobeeWill
FredericDeg, Responsable réception at Izan Avenue Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for the fact you were disappointed during your stay.
I agree with you that the hotel needs to be renovated.
Be sure that a renovation plan is in place with the technical department.

Regarding the quality of service you received, I feel sorry as we should give our guests the best service any time.
I'll work on it with the reception team.

For the parking, we should have allowed you to stay some few hours more.

I hope we'll see you at your next Brussels stay.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is a great hotel until you get hit by the nightly tax bill. I asked why this hotel charges twice as much as many others and was told that it had to do with the agreement with my booking agent. Surely tax is to do with how much the Government sets as a rate. In any case it turned a pleasant experience into one that left a sour note.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Glutenfreefili
FredericDeg, Responsable réception at Izan Avenue Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear customer,

According to Brussels city, every hotels have to ask their guests to pay a city tax.
This city tax is linked to the number of stars the hotel is quoted.

Every Brussels 4* hotels have to ask for 7,15€ per room per night as tax.

By making the reservation, you receive this information.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

QUite far form the city centre, with rooms that don't all have wifi signal, double beds mad eof 2 singles so you get quit euncomfortable if you sleep int he middle. The wallpaper is peeling off, the deco is faded and old. ANd the final touch was no hot water in the morning!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chantal V
FredericDeg, Responsable réception at Izan Avenue Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear guest,

Upon request, we provide you a twin room or a double bed room.
We have wifi free of charge everywhere in the hotel.

I'm please to inform you that a renovation plan has been put in place in cooperation with the technical service.

Regarding the hot water problem that you had in the morning, I would like to apologize.
Please note that we've worked on it andf that this issue is now solved.

I hope we'll see you in the near future in our hotel.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is average. Room was the size of a prison cell. To reach it we had to cross kind of through the kitchen. It was clean, but furniture is old. Location is good, walking distance from the shopping street. Staff was friendly.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irmilanova

Dear customer,

I would like to thank you for the time you took in order to put your comment on tripadvisor.

We have rooms that are smaller, but upon request, we also have superior rooms available.
Do not hesitate to ask for it at your next stay.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

i did not spend much time there. The room was large, quiet, and comfortable. Stairs and elevator are narrow. Did not have breakfast due to my tight schedule. The location is ideal if you have business around the Generali center.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
FredericDeg, Responsable réception at Izan Avenue Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear guest,

Your opinion is very important for us.
I'm please to read that you enjoyed your stay in Brussels in a large room.

I hope we'll welcome you at your next Brussels trip.