Le Chatelain Hotel
Warwick Brussels(Brussels)
US$162
US$133
  • Restaurant
Novotel Brussels City Centre(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$128
Novotel
  • Pool
US$153
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$108
  • Fitness centre
Radisson RED Brussels(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$150
US$114
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
US$154
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsavenue louisebusiness triplovely hotelattending a conferencetram linecoffee makerexecutive roomhome away from homebars and restaurantsshopping arearooms are spaciousgood nights sleepthree nightsminutes walk awayper dayhotel is locatedlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Booked this hotel as a mystery booking, and it was a fairly average experience. Although it met the basic requirements of a hotel of its class, the only way I can describe it is 'satisfactory'. Firstly, if you want to be near any of the more touristy areas of Brussels, don't stay here. It's a good 30 minute walk from the city centre. The room itself was fine, as was the general appearance of the hotel. The staff were mostly helpful, but there weren't enough of them to check-in. A particularly negative experience was that the hotel concierge recommended a car hire location that was a tram trip away from the hotel. Some Internet research revealed another car hire place less than 10 minutes walk away. Don't even get me started on the €30 breakfast that consisted of some croissants and some very overcooked bacon and eggs. There is a small market just down the road with similar options at a much more reasonable price.

I think this hotel once had some charm and grace, but is now like a dame who has grown old badly.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear TravellerN0tT0urist,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to share your stay at the hotel Chatelain with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room and the general appearance of the hotel.

The breakfast we propose to our guests is an American breakfast with a large variety of hot and cold dishes prepared by our Chief.

I am happy to read that you liked the staff. We always do our best in order to satisfy our guests as it is our first priority.

We hope to have the luck and the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Châtelain for your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

My room was huge but every item had a label on it saying "this costs so many euro". Felt extremely unfriendly, no idea of hospitality, especially for the money we were paying which was quite a lot. Our room was over the entrance to the garage so got woken up very early each morning. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2012
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Orangeandorange,

Thank you for taking time to share your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the size of your room as well as the breakfast we propose to our guests.

Our priority is to satisfy our guests as much as we can so be sure we took well note of your comment.

We hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you at the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel was in a very nice part of the city. You are about a 10 minute taxi ride to the Grand Place (around 10-15 Euro ride, one-way) and a 10 minute walk from the heart of the Louise shopping district. It is also located very close to a tram stop that you can take into the Grand Place, or anywhere else in the city. There are cafes and restaurants near the hotel so you will be able to find something to eat/drink if you want to stay in the area. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear UGADawg2006,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay at the hotel Le Châtelain.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel which is not far from the Grand Place by taxi or tram/metro and next to the Louise shopping district also.

Our priority is to satisfy our guests as much as we can so we are happy to read that you appreciated the staff.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Our Junior Suite was nice but the furniture was "aged" at places. The bathroom was big enough and the amenities were good, including iPod station. The breakfast was disappointing especially for 28€pp. It lacked choices, good pastries and healthy options. However, the staff was very friendly and competent throughout our stay.
Overall good experience but far from true 5* star hotel!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Laetisz,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the size of the bathroom and it’s amenities as well as the iPod station that we propose to our guests in the room.

Finally, I am very pleased to read that you appreciate the kindness of the staff. We always try to do our best in order to satisfy our guests and we will continue on that way.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business and the hotel was adviced by the people who organised the meeting. I was not expecting much but surprised by my stay in this small but nice hotel. If I was on vacation I would prefer to stay at a hotel closer to the metro and to the touristic places of Brussels such as Grand Place but this hotel was also at a nice area where the most famous boutiques were located (Avenue Louise) and still in walking distance to the Grand Palace if you do not mind walking 30 minutes. The rooms were clean, big enough to feel comfortable, nicely decorated. It was quiet and relaxing, and looked safe as you have to use your room key to enter to the hotel after certain time. I also forgot my engagement ring on the table whole day and found it at the same spot ; which might not be the case at lots of places. The staff was kind and very helpful and the breakfast was better than most of the 5star hotels with a good selection and variety. There was free wifi at the lobby but you had to pay if you wanted to use in the rooms, unless you make your reservation at their website- than it is free in the room as well. I noticed a very nice-looking garden outside but can not use because of the cold weather- it may be nice during summer. As a summary I enjoyed the hotel and can stay again.

Room Tip: If you make reservation from the hotels website, the wifi in the rooms are free
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear inci61,

I would like to thank you for your very kind and detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel Le Châtelain.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the cleanliness, the size and the decoration of your room.

The hotel is not located next to a metro stop, but we have a tram stop located next to the hotel and for your information this tram goes to Louise which is one of the metro stations.

It is our priority to satisfy our guests and we will continue on that way.

We really hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you at the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.