“Good but Expensive”
Review of Le Chatelain Hotel

Le Chatelain Hotel
Ranked #62 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here as attending a conference, clearly the hotel had escalated the prices for that specific week, 260 Euros per night for single person. Room was comfortable and clean, however cost increased by an extra 29 Euro for a standard hotel breakfast, nothing special. Recommend eating around the corner at the Irish Pub - Michael Collins, where you can get good food reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Craig U
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Craig U,

We would like to thank you for the time and your comments regarding your stay at the Châtelain Boutique Hotel

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of your room.
Your encouraging comments about the kindness of our staff give us more motivation to maintain our efforts and improve our service in order to offer you the best stay possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next trip in Brussels.

Victor Camhis,

There are newer reviews for Le Chatelain Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a long weekend in Oct. Great location (convenient transport), plenty of amenities nearby, good night's sleep.

The only downside was when we first arrived the receptionist was very snobby (I think her name was Margeaux, but I can't be sure), which made for a sour start to the trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear skyblue32london,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay in our establishment, and that you enjoyed our location.

Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience. Be assured that we have communicated your comments to the relevant departments so that it does not happen again.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Le Châtelain, for your next visit in Brussels.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I just returned from a wonderful family visit to Brussels where I had six days of children and grandchildren. I chose Le Chatelain Hotel from a recommendation and was delighted with every aspect of it. The service was warm and friendly and I truly felt welcome there. Even though I knew that is their job they do it well. My room was more than fine with all the amenities that a hotel room should have. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. I will go back to Brussels again this year and will definitely return to the Le Chatelain Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Luggage Tag,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments regarding your first stay at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “I’ll be back!”.

Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another Le Châtelain experience.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Was here on business trip, travelling solo. Place is really warm and welcoming. However I was left waiting a long time at the lobby before I could get my key - didn't really understand why. But room is impeccable. Lift is old and vintage, but works well. Breakfast is greaaaaat!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Legalgenius,

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “Nice stay - great b’fast!”.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I spent a week in Brussels on business. I am an American and I have been to Brussels many times as I have family there. This was my first time at Hotel Le Chatelain.

The location is excellent. Right nearby is Avenue Louise which has all kinds of restaurants and shopping. Also, nearby is a tram stop with trams that go everywhere in the city.

I had heard that it was a somewhat formal hotel, where it was difficult to accommodate requests which were not part of the regular hotel policies. However, when I requested a microwave oven for my room, even though I was staying in a superior room, the hotel agreed (and they were aware that I had booked my room through a 3rd party online web site). Their willingness to agree to my request made my stay much more pleasant.

I found the staff overall to be friendly and helpful. I speak French, so I had few communications problems. However, I can imagine that non-French and non-Dutch speakers might run into a few challenging situations during a week long stay.

There is a pretty good workout facility (for a hotel) on the top floor, which also has an excellent view of the city. The bar has an outdoor seating area which is beautiful, but it was too cold (Brussels in November is always seasonably cold) to use it.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor room, as it will be quieter and you may get a view of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Ddan7777,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

It’s always a pleasure to read such nice comments from our guests: “excellent hotel in great location, even experienced some staff flexibility”.

We are thrilled to read that you had an overall pleasant stay and appreciated our staff members’ genuine service. Our employees are multi-lingual starting with French and Dutch, as well as English, Spanish, German and Portuguese. Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I stayed in Le Chatelain for nearly two weeks in October . The hotel is a very practical and efficient place to stay in Brussels , the location uptown Louise area is perfect , and staff most helpful and courteous . Our room was spacious , quiet and very comfortable, and this hotel is therefore also well suited for longer stays . Overall we were extremely pleased with the whole thing and will certainly return when next in Brussels .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Rivendel_9,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments regarding your stay in Brussels.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our service quality, the staff, location and the comfort in the room.

Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will meet your expectations.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon at Le Châtelain Boutique Hôtel.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, hotel is very clean, the staff could not be more helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and would definately stay next time i am out there on business.the hotel is situated a half block off Ave. Louise, and a short walk to the Toisson d'or shopping area and a tram ride into the centre square

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony R
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Welefant ,

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “Great Place to Stay”.