Le Chatelain Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
Jam Hotel Brussels(Saint-Gilles)
  • Pool
All reviewsavenue louisebusiness triplovely hotelattending a conferencetram linecoffee makerexecutive roomhome away from homebars and restaurantsshopping arearooms are spaciousgood nights sleepthree nightsminutes walk awayper dayhotel is locatedlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a birthday treat for my 40th birthday and being a 5 star I was looking forward to it. I have to say the small lobby looks good and the room, though not big was in good condition and nicely decorated. Point 1) the TV channels stopped working at midnight, but came back on in the morning? 2) The breakfast was quoted on our booking as 25 euros per person, but when we questioned why we were charged 29 per person, the hotel said it had nothing to do with them but the site we booked through! Surely they have the contract with the sites that offer their hotel? While the lady was processing our payment another member of staff took our booking to make a copy for their reference and when he came back he told her in French they should only charge us the 25 euros. Assuming we spoke no French (as we were speaking English together but I speak French too), she ignored him as they payment went through. When I questioned this, one of them said we'd get a free upgrade instead next time but gave us no written confirmation of this - so should I call next time and say I am the one you promised the upgrade to 6 months ago? It's not about the extra 8 euros, it's the principle and the 2 staff talking away in French assuming we were idiots who did not understand. Anyway, water under the bridge - the breakfast (with grey beans and curdled eggs), though very varied was not worth 25 or 28 euros per person and as for the upgrade, no matter we won't be staying there again but will go back to old favourites like the Conrad (now Steigenberger).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmsterdamShamrock
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear AmsterdamShamrock,

First of all, I would like to thank for your time and the comment you posted concerning your stay in the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are glad to read that you selected our hotel for your Birthday and that you enjoyed the room.
Concerning the issue you encountered at the reception, we would like to apologize and we are always taking into consideration your comment in order to satisfy our guest the best we can.

Our quality breakfast buffet contains a wide variety of bread, pastries, cereals and fresh fruit. In addition our Chef is always there for our guests for the cooked dishes. For your birthday, you could have had the pleasure to have breakfast in the room, thanks to our room service department.

We are looking forward to welcome you again during your next trip in Brussels and we will remember your free upgrade.

Best Regards,

Victor Camhis,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here as attending a conference, clearly the hotel had escalated the prices for that specific week, 260 Euros per night for single person. Room was comfortable and clean, however cost increased by an extra 29 Euro for a standard hotel breakfast, nothing special. Recommend eating around the corner at the Irish Pub - Michael Collins, where you can get good food reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Craig U
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Craig U,

We would like to thank you for the time and your comments regarding your stay at the Châtelain Boutique Hotel

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of your room.
Your encouraging comments about the kindness of our staff give us more motivation to maintain our efforts and improve our service in order to offer you the best stay possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next trip in Brussels.

Victor Camhis,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a long weekend in Oct. Great location (convenient transport), plenty of amenities nearby, good night's sleep.

The only downside was when we first arrived the receptionist was very snobby (I think her name was Margeaux, but I can't be sure), which made for a sour start to the trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear skyblue32london,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay in our establishment, and that you enjoyed our location.

Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience. Be assured that we have communicated your comments to the relevant departments so that it does not happen again.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Le Châtelain, for your next visit in Brussels.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I just returned from a wonderful family visit to Brussels where I had six days of children and grandchildren. I chose Le Chatelain Hotel from a recommendation and was delighted with every aspect of it. The service was warm and friendly and I truly felt welcome there. Even though I knew that is their job they do it well. My room was more than fine with all the amenities that a hotel room should have. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. I will go back to Brussels again this year and will definitely return to the Le Chatelain Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Luggage Tag,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments regarding your first stay at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “I’ll be back!”.

Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another Le Châtelain experience.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Was here on business trip, travelling solo. Place is really warm and welcoming. However I was left waiting a long time at the lobby before I could get my key - didn't really understand why. But room is impeccable. Lift is old and vintage, but works well. Breakfast is greaaaaat!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Legalgenius,

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “Nice stay - great b’fast!”.