“Comfortable and central”
Review of Le Chatelain Hotel

Le Chatelain Hotel
Ranked #62 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was lucky enough to stay in a superior room, which was huge and felt very luxurious, I would certainly recommend it. I agree with some of the previous reviews and 30 euros for breakfast is hugely overpriced and so I didn't have it and can't comment on the quality. The staff were very courteous and welcoming. It was a very central location so easy to get to from the station.

Room Tip: If you afford it book a superior room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear BelleS_9,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your time and the comment you posted concerning your stay in the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel, your luxurious room and the ideal location close to public transportation and all the points of interest of the city.
Reading, that our staff is friendly and appreciated, is always a great pleasure for us.

Regarding our quality breakfast buffet, it contains a wide variety of bread, pastries, cereals, fresh fruits, and cheese and charcuterie platter. In addition our Chef is always present for our guests for any cooked dishes. In order to get a good start in the morning our clients have the possibility to enjoy fresh homemade fruit and vegetable juices, coffee, tea or even sparkling wine.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and one of the reason has been its great location in the magnificent Chatelain and Ixelles area of Brussels. The Hotel parks car, it is a quite expensive service and you might be lucky to find a parking in the neighborhood depending on the time of day or day. The room has a great bed and the rooms are very quiet. Close to good bars, restaurant and trams to city center - so location is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Chokk,

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel and the marvelous surroundings of the establishment.

Concerning our Valet Parking Service, we would like to remind you that our indoor parking is a way to find easily a secured parking spot without worrying.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel is perfectly OK. I cannot comment about the food as I didn't eat here. The breakfast is far too expensive. I found the room rather cold - but then it took a while to figure out how the heating worked. They seem to think they are a 5-star hotel - but in my view this is not a 5-star hotel. The staff should try to be a bit more friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ProfessorCalculus
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Professor Calculus,

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

Concerning the issue with the heating, our 24/7 reception team would have been glad to assist you.

Our staff offers a lot of personalized services to each of our guests if needed, such as shuttle service, room service, indoor parking, concierge service …

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a birthday treat for my 40th birthday and being a 5 star I was looking forward to it. I have to say the small lobby looks good and the room, though not big was in good condition and nicely decorated. Point 1) the TV channels stopped working at midnight, but came back on in the morning? 2) The breakfast was quoted on our booking as 25 euros per person, but when we questioned why we were charged 29 per person, the hotel said it had nothing to do with them but the site we booked through! Surely they have the contract with the sites that offer their hotel? While the lady was processing our payment another member of staff took our booking to make a copy for their reference and when he came back he told her in French they should only charge us the 25 euros. Assuming we spoke no French (as we were speaking English together but I speak French too), she ignored him as they payment went through. When I questioned this, one of them said we'd get a free upgrade instead next time but gave us no written confirmation of this - so should I call next time and say I am the one you promised the upgrade to 6 months ago? It's not about the extra 8 euros, it's the principle and the 2 staff talking away in French assuming we were idiots who did not understand. Anyway, water under the bridge - the breakfast (with grey beans and curdled eggs), though very varied was not worth 25 or 28 euros per person and as for the upgrade, no matter we won't be staying there again but will go back to old favourites like the Conrad (now Steigenberger).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmsterdamShamrock
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear AmsterdamShamrock,

First of all, I would like to thank for your time and the comment you posted concerning your stay in the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are glad to read that you selected our hotel for your Birthday and that you enjoyed the room.
Concerning the issue you encountered at the reception, we would like to apologize and we are always taking into consideration your comment in order to satisfy our guest the best we can.

Our quality breakfast buffet contains a wide variety of bread, pastries, cereals and fresh fruit. In addition our Chef is always there for our guests for the cooked dishes. For your birthday, you could have had the pleasure to have breakfast in the room, thanks to our room service department.

We are looking forward to welcome you again during your next trip in Brussels and we will remember your free upgrade.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here as attending a conference, clearly the hotel had escalated the prices for that specific week, 260 Euros per night for single person. Room was comfortable and clean, however cost increased by an extra 29 Euro for a standard hotel breakfast, nothing special. Recommend eating around the corner at the Irish Pub - Michael Collins, where you can get good food reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Craig U
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Craig U,

We would like to thank you for the time and your comments regarding your stay at the Châtelain Boutique Hotel

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of your room.
Your encouraging comments about the kindness of our staff give us more motivation to maintain our efforts and improve our service in order to offer you the best stay possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next trip in Brussels.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a long weekend in Oct. Great location (convenient transport), plenty of amenities nearby, good night's sleep.

The only downside was when we first arrived the receptionist was very snobby (I think her name was Margeaux, but I can't be sure), which made for a sour start to the trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear skyblue32london,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay in our establishment, and that you enjoyed our location.

Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience. Be assured that we have communicated your comments to the relevant departments so that it does not happen again.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Le Châtelain, for your next visit in Brussels.

Best Regards,

Victor Camhis

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I just returned from a wonderful family visit to Brussels where I had six days of children and grandchildren. I chose Le Chatelain Hotel from a recommendation and was delighted with every aspect of it. The service was warm and friendly and I truly felt welcome there. Even though I knew that is their job they do it well. My room was more than fine with all the amenities that a hotel room should have. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. I will go back to Brussels again this year and will definitely return to the Le Chatelain Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Luggage Tag,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments regarding your first stay at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “I’ll be back!”.

Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another Le Châtelain experience.

Best regards,