“Nice pasta and delicious wine”
Review of La Piola

La Piola
Ranked #937 of 3,758 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Last time I wanted to go to La Piola, last minute, it was fully booked, so this time we we lucky to get a table. We ordered a delicious bottle of white wine (Muller-Thurgau) and tried some of the (offered) antipasti (you can sample some of their pasta & vegetables) when ordering a glass of wine. My friends ordered the lasagne (meat & eggplant) and the spaghetti with zucchini, cherry tomatoes and a special mozzarella. I chose the spaghetti with zucchini & cherry tomatoes without the cheese (vegan version). The food took a while to arrive (it was busy) but it was delicious. After dinner my friend ordered the tiramisu which was HUGE and apparently very good and an espresso. The personnel was very nice. All in all, a very nice first experience, I'll definitely be back hoping they'll have more vegan options next time.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, brilliant wine and an ambiance restaurants with Michelin stars would be proud of. Simple menu, done very well with wines to match. They obviously love their food & wine and want customers to enjoy the experience , but not require a remortgage to do it.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Pasta was very well done and delicious. Our waiter was very sweet. Had to come back as there were no tables but managed to get a table several hours later. Not much of a decor but then again, the food and wine were so good I spent very little time looking around.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Brussels.
They know well how pasta should be... al dente which many restaurants in Brussels don't know.
good ambiance, good service, very reasonable.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

La Piola is a very nice (and very small) Italian restaurant that serves excellent food. Since the restaurant has only a few tables, they can't afford to have a long menu. Instead they change it very often (weekly I believe) - don't forget to check the menu outside before getting in.
My review only applies to the "La Piola Pesce" which does not seem to be listed separately on tripadvisor. Despite the name, the restaurant does not only offer fish, but has a couple of vegetarian or meat-based dishes.
The portions are really generous, but you should try to save some room for the dessert. I tried the tiramisu and the panna cotta with chocolate. Both were excellent and highly recommendable. Be warned: The tiramisu is gigantic - enough for two people easily.
My only reservation would be that the appetizers aren't convincing. We ordered a plate of antipasti ("di terra") and got some ham and salami (not much!). They were OK but not great. It would have been fine if they did not charge 22€ for it! In relation with what you get, that's quite ridiculous. My advice is to skip the appetizers (or try the antipasti "di mare" - might be better).
Otherwise, great experience !