“Warm welcome, easy to access, good location - ticks all boxes!”

Novotel Brussels Centre
Ranked #27 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome, easy to access, good location - ticks all boxes!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were only spending one night and a morning in the town en route to Germany but found this to be the perfect spot. It was easy to find, not too central that it was a nightmare to park (there's a large multi-storey opposite) and a short walk to the main tourist area. I did spot another Novotel in the central square and imagine it would be super noisy.

I don't think I've had a warmer welcome at a hotel, the staff were so lovely. Handing us maps and giving information on the best place to eat, even coming up in the lift when it seemed not to work using our key.

Our room was nicely decorated very modern, spacious and had a lovely bathroom. The bed was large and comfy and we had a small sofa too - plus the there was little noise so a good night's sleep was had!

At the back of the hotel is a square with some lovely restaurants - fairly pricey as is the whole of Brussels you have been warned! House wine £30 but we did find a carafe at a less silly price in the touristy section (where our meal was very average if not poor so I would take the management advice and go to one of the ones behind the hotel!).

I would highly recommend and we got a pretty good deal on this superior room, however we felt the breakfast was too steep and opted to grab a croissant so can't comment on that!

Room Tip: Superior room is worth extra and ask for the back with a view of the square which is charming and qu...
1 Thank Nicki H
NBCTN, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Brussels Centre, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Novotel Brussels Centre - Tour Noire very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are delighted to read that you appreciate our staff and liked our room.

Positive feedback from satisfied guests is our greatest reward – thank you.

Secretary Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

we have stayed in lots of local type hotels, but opted for this business hotel for the 5 night stay in brussels. so glad we did, service at front desk was always a pleasure. the rooms are updated and the beds, oh so comfortable. the free internet was fast and there were ample outlets in the room for gadgets. there were choices of rooms with or without breakfast, we chose with breakfast and were not disappointed. lots of food choices, "good bread" and much more.we were very happy that we chose this hotel and also, the metro was just one block away, as were good restaurants too.

Room Tip: always ask for room "not near elevator" that way, early risers (airlines folks) and late n...
Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with my entire team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of them as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards,

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Without a doubt, the best thing about this hotel is the location. It's very conveniently located very close to Central station in Brussels, literally a few mins walk, and right outside the hotel is a busy and lively atmosphere with restaurants and shops. Walking distance to the palace (10 mins), shopping mall (15 mins) and many other places. Countless number of restaurants and shops.

The room is very comfortable, and has everything you'd expect in a hotel room. However, there are a couple of negatives. The room was a little dirty in a few areas, I had the impression the cleaning was quite rushed and therefore things missed. It wasn't bad enough for me to complain, but for example there were food crumbs left on one of the chairs in the room (no idea how long it was there for), which I left alone, and after my 3 nights there it was still there. It was also noisy on 2 of the 3 nights, again not really the fault of the hotel (despite me being on 4th floor) but one night you could hear music until about midnight (from the square around the corner there was a live show). However, in this area it's very popular and so would be expected.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, mainly because of the cost (17 Euros each). However right opposite the hotel were numerous places to get breakfast at a much cheaper cost. Exki became a favourite for my wife and I, they have a massive selection of food at reasonable prices, and we ended up spending around 15 Euros in total each day (so much cheaper than the hotel).

Overall I would still recommend this hotel for a short break. We were on the 4th floor with a great view of the church outside. Happy to answer any questions....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
NBCTN, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Brussels Centre, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you that you took the time to communicate me your impressions concerning your stay in Novotel Brussels Centre – Tour Noire. Especially, since you highlighted so well our prime location.

I herewith would like to inform you that I transmitted your reactions to our head of housekeeping department. .

Looking forward to meet you again in Novotel, I remain at your disposal.

Lucca, Italy
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just spent three nights at the Novotel Brussels Centre Tour Noire (not to be confused with the other Novotel hotels in Brussels) and the stay was delightful. From the check-in staff to the bar staff and maids - everyone was pleasant and helpful. You can walk there from the Central railway station or take the Metro a couple of stops to St. Catherine; it's a terrific location and close to just about everything. The Metro is right outside the hotel's front door (about 100 meters away) and there must be close to 20 restaurants located in the 100 meter walk to the Metro. The hotel has a small inside swimming pool, steam rooms, and a good work out facility. There are three computers in the lobby that you can use if you do not have a computer or tablet. There is also a 'play area' for children right next to the lobby. We were upgraded to a suite - which was actually too much room for us, but you can get three persons in a suite. Directly behind the hotel (on hotel property) is a very old structure - which I believe may have been part of the original wall in Brussels. In sum, highly recommend this hotel if you get to Brussels. jr

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking St. Catherine's Church
3 Thank jay r
NBCTN, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Brussels Centre, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you that you took the time to communicate me your positive impressions concerning your stay in Novotel Brussels Centre – Tour Noire.

I herewith would like to inform you that I transmitted your reactions to all my team members.

Looking forward to meet you again in Novotel, I remain at your disposal.

SW England
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed for just one night but were impressed by the helpfulness of the reception staff and the quality of the room. The bed was very comfortable and although our room overlooked a non-too exciting road, any traffic noise was completely blocked out by the effective window glazing.
The hotel is in a good location, away from the tourist throng, but close enough for a gentle stroll to the Grand Place. St Catherine's is a lovely area with more interesting restaurants and a gentler, more relaxed feel to it.
I would choose to stay here again when we next visit Brussels.

2 Thank Overnight2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for sharing details about our central location in Brussels to other guests.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found the room to be quite spacious and comfortable. It was clean and had a little fridge to keep,some small items in. Wifi was good, staff were very helpful. This hotel,was within walking distance of most sights and handy to Metro lines. Many restaurants were close by as well. We could walk from Central,Station easily upon our arrival (10minutes).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate very much your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback.

Yours truly,