“Excellent fun”

Local Brussels Beer Tours
Ranked #14 of 34 Food & Drink in Brussels
More attraction details
Owner description: Drink beer like a local! Join us in an afternoon tour around several off-the-beaten-track bars where you'll drink some amazing craft beers you won't find abroad. We guarantee that we will find something for you in the huge catalog of Belgian beers that will surprise, interest, excite or delight you, because if you can't find that in Brussels, you can't find it anywhere!
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We went on one of the beer tours during the bank holiday weekend in Brussels. The other two couples, who were supposed to join us on the tour, cancelled at the last minute, so it was just us, but this worked to our advantage. Our guide was a lovely fellow called Pepijn, who was a wealth of knowledge on all things beer and was incredibly friendly.

All in all, this was a very enjoyable afternoon and I would highly recommend to anybody.

1  Thank Debbie R

Reviewed 21 August 2012

First of all, my friend and I were lucky enough to have Pipijn and his wealth of knoweldge all to ourselves for the evening after apparently the other group couldn't make it. Despite initial concern over the small crowd, this totally made all the difference - we found our long lost Belgian friend! We learned, we laughed, we ate a whole lot of delicious artisinal cheese apparently made by some 93 year old woman (including cracking up when he suddenly pulled 3 cheeses + cutting board + little knife from his pack and proceeded to lay out a platter at the bar), and of course, most importantly, we tried a wide variety of fabulous Belgian beers!! The structure and presentation of the beer tour was excellent, and we kind of moved from "beginner" with a Duvel to "advanced" with a delicious sour Geuze. As an added bonus, Pipijn could not have been more generous with his information on Belgian culture and was patient with even the most ridiculous questions! I would recommend this tour to travelers looking to learn a bit about beer, about culture, and most of all to make an awesome new friend to make memories with in Brussels. We won't forget it - or the cheese, or how long Pipijns hair is - anytime soon. THANK YOU FROM NYC!!

2  Thank GOSheriLyn
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I had planned a two day trip to Brussels with a friend of mine and we immediately knew we wanted to do a beer tour once there. We searched all over the web seeking a tour that was informative, fun, and also affordable. I came across this one and even though it had fewer reviews, they were all fantastic so I had decided to email Oscar who runs the company. I received a friendly response to my inquiry almost immediately and had a great feeling so decided to book the tour through them. The evening before the tour I received an email from Oscar with a meeting location and an introduction to who would be our lovely tour guide, Pepijn. Pepijn was a local from Brussels who was around our age (mid-twenties) and took us to the pubs the locals frequented. We tried about 3 beers at I think 4 different bars and educated us not only on the beers we drank, where and how they were made and what was unique about each, but he also gave us a great deal of information of the cities history and it's people. He was really the kind of person who could get along with anyone and we had a ton of laughs together. Pepijn and the tour really made our trip special in Brussels and it is a MUST if you are visiting!

2  Thank buesical
Reviewed 21 July 2012

A wander around some local bars while trying some great beers. A really enjoyable was to spend an afternoon in Brussels. The guide was informative and brought some lovely cheeses to share. I really enjoyed the afternoon, especially the 150 anniversary Chimay.

2  Thank KiwiCuz
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Pippin was our tour guide for a stag party of 12 guys.

He was great! His knowledge of fruity beers and cheese is second to none. He even carries his own knife around with him to cut the cheese!

We liked him so much that we're inviting him to the wedding as the page boy!

1  Thank j0hnj0hnj0hn