Le Dixseptieme
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsjunior suitecentral stationnew wingbudget roomthe grand placesitting roommodern sectionolder partfour poster bedtop floorcharming hotelfull kitchenperfect locationsmall balconyla grande placebreakfast roominner courtyard
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Oh this hotel is so nice! I travel to Brussels a lot with work and managed to get this hotel at a good rate, £150 for a room. Mine was across the courtyard in the modern side I beleive, Spilliart I think was the name of my room. It was big, nice bathroom with full bath, 2 chairs, table, comfy large bed. My collegue had a junior suite in the main part of the building and that was lovely too, sofa, split level. Very close to the Grand Place area/Central Station. The rate didn't include breaksfast, but that was ok. Would stay again here for sure. Lovely place for a romantic min break!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ABCHampshireUK
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Great place, staid for a week end.
Close to sights, restaurants, shops, ... And the hotel itself is great

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Le Dixseptieme was a welcome respite from the hectic main area of Brussels. While the hotel is located near the Grand Place, it is on a quiet street a few blocks away, so it is perfectly situated in an easy-to-explore spot in the city.

Upon entering, I noticed the relaxing lobby area with comfortable couches, books and magazines. I had to call the number at reception since I arrived at a random time, but I was helped almost immediately. Check in was quick and efficient (and thanks to the very nice man at the front desk to answered all of my questions, provided a map, the remote to the air conditioning and helped me with my very heavy bag!).

My room (a junior suite in the modern side) was adorable. I was a bit concerned since the descriptions only speak of the hardwood floors and detailing in the 'classic' side, but I was very impressed. My room indeed had a nicely updated bathroom (great shower!) and a huge tv, mini bar and a nice sitting area, but it also had the hardwood floors, moldings, etc. I loved the charm. The bed was a bit low to the ground, but everything was sparkling clean and in great shape. I loved my view of the courtyard.

I noticed some reviews about air conditioning not being available. This is simply not true. For older buildings, it is not always possible to install ductwork - this is the case here (or perhaps prohitibitive for other reasons), but there is a room unit. This is NOT a window air conditioner. This is a fully set-able unit that kept my room nicely freezing (as I like it!). However, it may be hard to tell how to turn it on as I had to ask for a remote to turn it on. I knew what it was, though, since I have the same unit at home (I love air conditioning!!!). Anyway, there used to be enough remotes for the rooms, but some either were broken or walked away, so you have to get the remote at reception (which they are more than happy to help with).

I only had breakfast one day, but it was delicious. The meats and cheeses were high quality and the smoked salmon is not often found on a breakfast of this kind. There are also eggs and bacon and other sausages. The most beautiful part was the fruit salad - plums!! There are also a bunch of pastries, cereals, etc. You definitely won't go hungry, and while it isn't cheap, it isn't much more than what I paid for a pastry, coffee and juice at another spot.

Everyone was very pleasant and when I had an issue with my billing, they were quick to fix it and never seemed frustrated.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ChicagoK2
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Once upon a time we guess this must have a been a fabulous boutique hotel. Time has moved on and the ravages of time are showing. Massively over priced and in need of fresh eyes to bring the fabric of the hotel to a level to match it's prices. When there is so much quality accommodation available in the city the only reasons to stay here would be central location and period building. Otherwise everything else would be a compromise compared to the mid priced competition

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Speedlighters
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We prefer old, charming hotels with interesting architecture and this hotel has it all! We stayed in the Navez suite. It is very large and has 3 beautiful windows that overlook the historical section of Brussels.

The only down side is that there can be a lot of noise during the summer.

The staff were very friendly too.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family