Brussels Welcome Hotel
US$86
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
US$116
1,216 results
All reviewssilk roadindia roomtahiti roomthemed roomsthe grand placeunique hotelmetro stophotel ownerchristmas marketsmall hotelsaint catherinerestaurant recommendationstop floordeluxe roomcold cutsbreakfast was includedcongo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I can't add much to what has already been said about this place. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. Please follow their advice about where to eat close to the hotel. I did one night and the meal was fantastic, one of the best fish meals I've had,

When I next stay in Brussels I'll make sure I stay here again,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank epicureorxfb
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at the Welcome Hotel for 3 nights. Great location at the Christmas market & less than 5 minutes walk from all the main attractions. The hotel staff are extremely friendly, always willing to help and enjoy telling you about the hotel & the way it is decorated. Good selection at breakfast though can get a bit crowded as the breakfast area is small. All in all a good hotel with a touch of quirkiness. Would recommend to others.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend at the Welcome Hotel, I travelled with my husband, 2 daughters age 15 and 3, and also 2 friends of ours. I chose this hotel for its excellent location, quirky style and reasonable price and I was not disappointed. The hotel's rooms are not numbered but are given names of various countries around the world and each one is completely individual in style and decorated beautifully. If you like bland, international chain hotels this place may not be your cup of tea, but we loved it. We had the Belgium theme family room on the ground floor which had a bedroom with a lovely trompe l'oeil ceiling and wall (a take on a Magritte painting I think), sitting area with sofa beds for the kids, bathroom with huge whirlpool bath and separate toilet. Fab room. Our friends had Zanzibar which was quite small but lovely. Rooms are very clean, bed-linen was spotless. The hotel serves breakfast in the room by reception, and tea, coffee and other soft drinks are available free of charge during the day which was much appreciated after a long day sightseeing. Breakfast is good - all the usual continental fare plus boiled eggs and hot food, sausages, beans etc.

The location of this hotel is great, 10 minutes stroll from Grand Place, 15 mins from Central Station, 20 mins from the Fine Art museum. The metro station is literally right outside the front door, and we found the metro easy to navigate and cheap. But the icing on the cake for us was the Christmas market on the street right outside the hotel, with a big wheel, merry-go-round, ice rink, stalls selling lovely gifts and hot food and of course delicious warm wine. The area around the hotel has lots of restaurants, bars, shops etc and was very lively in the evening, especially with the Christmas market being on. However, I didn't hear much street noise in the room at night and we slept fine. Maybe we were assisted by the gluhwein and super-strength Belgian beer! We found restaurant prices to be reasonable and the standard of food to be high.

This was my first trip to Brussels, and I was surprised by just how nice it was. Paris seems to get all the attention, but honestly Brussels is just as attractive. The Grand Place is one of the loveliest market squares I have seen anywhere, and if you like art there are several top-notch galleries to visit which were not expensive and were not overly crowded. We went to see the Atomium (although we didn't bother going inside) and we went to see the scale models at Mini-Europe which I thought was well worth a visit. We also took a day out to visit Ghent and Bruges, and of the two I preferred Ghent because although Bruges is chocolate box pretty, it was terribly crowded and really a bit of a tourist trap.

The taxi to/from the airport takes about 30 mins (depending on traffic), and it might be worth asking the hotel to organise your airport pick up because the taxi they arranged to take us back to the airport was quite a bit cheaper than the one we took on the way in. (55 euros on the way in, 35 euros on the way out, 6-seater taxis both times).

The staff on reception were all very friendly and very helpful. They assisted me with printing off our boarding cards for the journey home, and recommended restaurants for us to try. They all spoke good English. Also, Wifi was free.

To sum up, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and Brussels, and hope we may return one day in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank themadprampusher
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel is a one off! Redefining the boutique genre! Outstandng does not begin to describe it. The welcome and the service can not be offered by any 4 or 5 star! Personal attention by the owner and his exceptional staff. Tonight, I am staying in Turkey! The rooms have names of countries, rather than numbers. Sounds cheesy, but I walked into a turkish paradise on entering my room. Authentic quality lovingly designed and created by a very tallented hotel owner. Ok, so the hotel may not have the facilities of "high street" chains, but there are not many rooms I walk into and take photographs from every angle! The detail and level of decoration are outstanding, covering every aspect of the room flor to ceiling! I want to come back just to experience other rooms!

Location wise, the hotel is very central, and immidiately opposit the Christmas market (a plethora or individual goods, sights and smells!) and another photograph opportunity! This started today (29/11/13) and is deffinately got me in the mood for christmas! Individual, beautiful, exciting, bustling and completely photogenic! if you can, book now, come before christmas!

I can not recomed this htel highly enough. I arrived at 11am to find my room ready and was more than welcome, complete with the intersting story of the owners travel and inspirations, you dont get this at the plain old chain hotels!!!! Sure it has its flaws as any hotel at this proce and located in an old building will. And the bed is not 5 star quality, but I dont actualy care for once! I am a turkish prince for the night and this is my palace!

Room Tip: Turkey is wonderful! But I am sure the rest are of equal standards!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank StevenMcCaw
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Excellent little hotel in an ideal location. Staff extremely helpful. Room decor brilliant, basic comforts, but never going to live in the room. WIFI very strong.beats the blandness of most hotels. The local area has a great vbe in afternoon and evening and just off city centre and Grand Place.

Room Tip: Hotel is a cross between B&B come hotel, were the staff are all out to help and make your stay comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple