“off beat & great fun”

Brussels Welcome Hotel
Ranked #16 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 16 March 2014

For a pretty decent price, we stayed where there are no room numbers, just country names. Each room is decorated with stuff and named for places the owners have been-we stayed in India. The room wasn't huge, but beautifully decorated with a bathroom hidden in what looks like a closet. Comfortable beds, blackout shades, breakfast included and pretty good-helpful, friendly staff. Fun to get to tell a story about your hotel room!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you want to mix it up a bit, this is a great hotel choice. My wife and I stayed in the Tibet room. First, most importantly, it was clean. The bathroom was large, had a great shower and a spacious bath. The location was good too. It's a fivish block walk to the grand place....very quick walk, and just far enough away from heavy foot traffic to give you a quiet night sleep. Basically, this hotel is the opposite of an Ibis.

Room Tip: 1. The Tibet room has an awesome balcony, believe it is the only room with one. 2. Nearby Fin de...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
WelcomeBrussels, Propriétaire at Brussels Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Ryan D.,
We are pleased that you enjoyed the room Japan.
You have by the same occassion enjoy our new bedding we have installed in all our rooms with the company Sealy .
It is true that Japan is the quietest hotel room of the hotel.
We recall that if we ask not to eat in the room, we propose to our guests to use free of charge our breakfast room with plates and cutlery.
This also allows us to repeat our request to all those who do us the pleasure and confidence to stay within our walls : Tell us if something does not suit you. We are here to ensure that your stay is pleasant
Best regards
Michel Smeesters

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I quite enjoyed my stay here. Rather than numbers, each room is assigned a different country and is decorated as such. I stayed in the Japan room. Ample space in the room. The bed was large and comfortable. It was the first hotel room I've ever stayed in that technically had 2 floors. On the second floor there was a large window with a nice view of a church.

Breakfast was self serve and complementary, and it was more than adequate. Being in Belgium, I had waffles every single day haha.

Great location, basically a 15 second walk to the metro station right outside the front door. Nice area surrounded by good restaurants away from the tourist traps, but close enough to walk to Grand Place in roughly 10-15 minutes.

Staff (especially the older Gentleman) were very friendly and helpful.

I would have given them five stars, but they have a policy where you can't eat in your room or you are charged (or Fined) 20 euros. I obviously didn't like that at all, as I usually buy most of my food at grocery stores to save money whilst travelling. I wasn't able to do that in this scenario.

Room Tip: Japan room was nice, but lacked a window on the main floor which may bother you. It was neat to hav...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Brussels Welcome is a modern budget hotel. It made for a good, comfortable 4 day stay in Brussels
The staff here made us feel welcome in Belgium. The location of the hotel allowed us to visit many tourist attractions close by which we had already read on Trip Advisor in the reviews there. The highlight of the hotel is that they have named the countries on various countries. It was absolutely crazy but fun. The hotel location allowed us to explore with ease and in a safe manner too. The area around the hotel was one crowded surrounding so a bit of noise was expected. However that is what made our evening strolls something to look forward to and the explorations of the shops, art galleries and restaurants nearby made our stay an adventurous one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very friendly and charming hotel in the centre of Brussels. Will definitly check in again. I was recommended this by colleagues as something different to the "standard" buisness hotels you will normally will stay at.

Room Tip: Liked the Bali room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After our stay at Hotel Welcome, every day I wake up and I'm not there is sad and depressing! My favorite part of our whole trip to Europe was sitting in the little lobby drinking my Cafe Creme, eating the delicious breakfast and planning what we would do that day! The staff was helpful and friendly. Location hip, cool and beautiful. Close to everything! The only thing was we had the Tahiti room, While it was a comfortable room and met our needs, it was little cheesy and needs a little updating. But like I said it was a good room just not quite as cool as the hotel it's self. Would come back in a heart beat, wishing I was there right now :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I don't have anything bad to say about my experiance. The staff is great and always there for you. It started from the moment we arrived at the hotel. Our room was not ready, and after 18 hours of travel my wife and I could do with a shower, so we were allowed to use another room to take showers and freshen up and rest until our room was ready. Chloe and the rest of the staff are amazing and very helpful. The hotel is in a great location. Only 5 min walk from the Grand Place and there is a Metro stop steps from the hotel. Free Wi-Fi and breakfast are awesome. This was my first trip to Europe and I think the awesomeness of the Welcome Hotel and Belgium have set the bar so high, I don't know if the rest of Europe will be able to match it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends