Hotel Galia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$119
Warwick Brussels(Brussels)
US$211
US$134
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$108
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
Novotel Brussels City Centre(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$128
Novotel
  • Pool
US$182
US$130
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$93
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$147
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
US$125
US$118
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsflea marketcroissantseach bunkstayed in a double roomevery morningscalding hotchanged dailyminutes walk awayselection of breadsprivate bathroomcold meatsmajor sightsbreakfast roombreakfast includedclose to metro stationminute walk from the grand placebrussels midi station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We wented to this hotel for a short trip of three days with a group.
Our room was in the back.

We couldn't open the door, it was blocked. When we pulled with all our weight it opened. The guy at the reception refused to come help.
There were only 4 very tiny towels, no pillow cases, no glasses in the bathroom, the room was filty, mould everywhere. The toilet wasn't cleaned, you had to sit across on the toilet 'cause the sink was placed too nearby the toilet. The building isn't isolated so you could feel the wind trough the walls. The next day we could't have clean towels 'cause they were out of towels.

The matras was full of dirty things (I didn't want to know what it was) of other people. I wanted a pillow case, the pillow was just nasty. The guy at the reception said they went trough their pillow cases and gave me a blanket to pull over the pillow.
I'm asking: wich solid hotel doesn't have clean pillow cases, doesn't have enough towels for all the guests and refuse to help their guests?

Breakfast: not much choise! No youghurt, no apple juice, no fruit. Just orange juice, coffee or water. Loafs of bread, cheese, salami, baguette and croissants. You could also take cereals.

I definitely NOT recommend this hotel!! It is very overpriced. I'll never come back to hotel Galia!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Guest O
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Cracking hotel a 10 minute walk from The Grand Place, Stayed for 3 nights clean towels every day rooms cleaned daily, 24 hour reception, breakfast is continental and had plenty of fresh breads,meats,cheeses and choices of cereal's and fruit juices, only downside was no tea or coffee making facilities were available in the room's.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel is best described as quirky. Its in a lovely square where a flea market is held every morning, so lots going on. The hotel lobby looks a bit down at heel, and their admin leaves a little to be desired. I was staying here as part of a group attending a conference and the hotel was booked for us. I arrived with a visually impaired colleague and his guide dog, the reception staff were very helpful, but told us they were overbooked and that some of our group would have to share - reading other reviews it seems that overbooking is a problem here. However, my colleague and I were the first to arrive and were able to get single rooms. There were also two other people at reception having the same problem when we arrived, so make sure you check that they actually have a room for you

The hotel has free wifi, which I appreciated had no problem connecting to - though the connection did drop out a couple of times and the signal could have been stronger.

The lift here doesnt work (and looks like it hasnt worked in years) so I would strongly advise anyone with mobility problems to check if the lift works before booking. Fortunately my colleague carried my v heavy suitcase up the stairs (my room was on the second floor). My room itself was fine if very small, however, it was clean, and the bathroom, again small but perfectly useable and clean. The toilet itself is in a very strange little alcove in the bathroom, odd.

There was very little storage space in the room and enough room to hang about three items of clothing, and just enough room on the desk for my laptop. The room was nicely decorated and had lovely windows which opened (always a plus) however my room was at the back of the hotel, and was very badly overlooked by another building. I prefer to sleep with the curtains open which simply wouldnt be possible here as the other building was so close, it also makes the room quite dark. There was also no full length (or even half length mirror and that needs to be rectified, although the room was small, a mirror could have been fixed to the door.

The breakfast room was lovely full of interesting objets and the breakfast itself was excellent, a small buffet with the usual cheeses, pates, ham lovely fresh bread and fruit
The location of the hotel is okay, but I would have preferred somewhere closer to a metro station for access to the centre of town, which is about 20 minutes walk away. To get into the city centre, you need to be able to walk up some quite steep hills - so be prepared. There are major rebuilding works taking place in this area so some parts of the hotel must get quite noisy. There are a lot of good value restaurants nearby. Also there is a small shop a bout 2 minutes walk away so you can pick up supplies of water, fizzy pop and fruit, crisps, sweets etc

The building next door to the hotel is a public swimming pool, so really convenient and good value. The hotel is in a very mixed area ethnically, which I - being fairly mixed ethnically myself and living in a very mixed area of London enjoyed, and had I not been going on the Germany before returning home, I may well have bought myself one of the lovely tagines available in the local food store or taken home much of the flea market!

I probably wont stay here again next time i come to brussels, but mainly because I prefer to be closer into the city and the places where my meetings are taking place, I think our conference organiser must have thought we needed the exercise! Also, the weather was lovely during my stay, and walking even up hill was great, but it would have been a very different matter if it had been raining But I would recommend it for people who are here for a weekend break or other holiday and have time to meander about the flea market, antique shops and cafes. I wouldnt recommend the hotel for people with disabilities as its accessibility is very poor, and I would recommend checking that the lift was working before booking.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank seniledelinquent
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Brussels' most authentic neighborhood, Place du Jeu de Balle, Vossenplein in Flemish, is the place where every morning a flea market is going on. Let’s say from around six AM until one o’clock noon you can find incredible bargains at a fraction of what you would pay at the Paris Puces. So waking up in this scenario is great fun. The hotel is very young and friendly. Rooms crazily decorated, bathrooms ok and everything is clean. The breakfast area is ever so charming. Perfect bread, pate and cheese... During the day you can have lunch and dinner here too. Even outside on the sunny terrace if you wish. And you meet the rarest specimen, not your usual hotel guests. From young Japanese to old antique collectors, artists, musicians...

Room Tip: rooms facing the square can be noisy in the morning
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com