“Good with points of improvement”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Pros
- Nice rooms
- Comfortable bed
- Location

Cons
- Ridiculusly expensive room service. Paid 43 euros for a tiny portion of dinner.
- Extremely crowded in the breakfast. You need to rush to get a sit. They suddenly started charging for eggs/bacon breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Dimitrios,

Of course we prefer reviews that are only positive, but we do appreciate when people highlight both the pros and cons since it is only via feedback like yours that we can improve our service, so thank you very much.

When we opened The Restaurant we also launched a new breakfast concept. There is indeed a charge to prepare eggs "à la minute", but now the price of the breakfast buffet is also lower compared to the past and costs now € 19.

When you stayed with us there was an event in Brussels, and all hotels were fully booked so I can assure you that it's not always that crowded at breakfast, and I'm sorry for the experience you encountered.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Former bland Hilton superbly redesigned. Location quite good in the center of Brussels most luxurious shopping district. Very close to couple of leading nightclubs although that is rather dubious title in extremely boring city.
Room are fashionable and functional but on a smallish side - Brussels should not pretend to be Paris! Also there is very little privacy between bedroom and (otherwise very nice) bathroom - hardly tolerable unless you travel alone. But the biggest problem is the service - they try hard but are obviously understaffed and thus constantly stressed out. My check-in took 20 min, not enough toilet paper was provided, we had to put aside 3 hrs for three- course dinner and service for breakfast was no faster.
Restaurant itself is quite nice with adventurous cuisine by Pierre Balthazar, but do expect very small portions for not that small price.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear hefnerjr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Of course I'm disappointed that service-wise we didn't meet your expactations, and I would like to apologize for the delays you encountered. Our lobby and restaurant are brand new and just opened so our team is adjusting, and I'm convinced that when you visit us again you will have a diffferent experience.

With regards to the bath room we offer different types: open bath rooms with spectacular views on Brussels, as well as closed bath rooms for people who desire more privacy. When you book directly via our website you can indicate your preference via a comment.

I truly hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent hotel, great rooms, great views, super location.
We stayed in a Panorama suite which is really very comfortable, the rain shower in the bathroom is just perfect, we could have showered with the whole family together if we would have wanted;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Kate,

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed our views on Brussels, & the rain shower in your Panorama Suite. Hopefully you will be enjoying both again soon;-)

The pros:
Very professional service. Great room views and recently refurbished.

The cons:
1. When booking I never know if I will get a room with an open bathroom or traditional one.
2. 19€ for the breakfast and you have removed the scrambled eggs (the basic ones not any fancy request). Cm'on !!!
(The prices in the "Free-Range egg buffet" are tinny compared to the "Free-Range whatever header. I may go, or I may not go, for them but I find these kind of practices nasty.)

PS: It is a pity that two cons take most of the space of the review so I will insist, again, on the professional service and excellent rooms.

Dear Eduard,

Thank you for highlighting the professional service we deliver, much appreciated!

With regards to the bath room, if you want we can add your preference to your profile. You may drop me an email via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be and I will take care of this for you. If you book directly via our website you can also indicate via a note/comment which type of bathroom you prefer (open or closed). With regards to the breakfast I will pass on your feedback to our Restaurant Manager.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great hotel, great location. The rooms are modern, clean and the beds are FAB, so comfortable. view from the premier rooms are amazing.
The breakfast finishis at 1030, however I would reccomend you get there before 10am other wise you will ahve t sit in the bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Claire,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review; delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel!
Hopefully we may welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

It is difficult to find a modern style hotel in Brussels which has also an appropiate level of service. Now a newcomer, The Hotel, is trying to set the standards with nice and trained staff. I can remember the warm "accueil" of Philippe at the receptioon. he was a former Hilton employee (remember that the building was a Hilton venue) with training and seniority. The new restaurant and bar where just opened on my last day of stay and they are both nicely decorated. I had a Belgian beer there (there is Leffe drought available) but did not have the time for dinner. I hope that it will soon match the standars of the old restaurant "la Maison du Boeuf", a Michelin reference in Brussels. Some teething problems: elevators working randomly ( and still decorated in Las Vegas 70s style), lack of storage space in the room (I was forced to use the mini-bar area to store my shirts due to the lack of space). In the bright side the lights switches are identified, something thta should be compulsory for all hotels. I will surely come back and try the restaurant facility.

Room Tip: Try to go over the 6th floor for the view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear fran07Belgium,

Wow what a review title...thank you so much for the compliment! I will definitely share it with the team to make sure that we live up to your expectations, and of course I will also pass on your kind words to Philippe.

I'm delighted that you will visit us again to try The Restaurant. When you do please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be so I can make your next stay with us extra special!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This use to be the Hilton, but has been refurbished, and renamed. They've done a nice job with modern stylish rooms - really, all very well done. The gym on the 23rd floor is also good for a hotel one - can do a decent work out in it. BUT, the service is terrible - reception staff that couldn't get me a taxi in 30 mins! And clueless waiting staff at breakfast would couldn't even take a basic breakfast order.

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you very much for providing feedback following your recent stay. I am glad to read you enjoyed the comfort of our modern stylish rooms and the facilities of our gym. However I'm sorry that service wise we disappointed you, since we really want to offer our guests a hassle-free experience. When you stayed with us we just moved our restaurant to the ground floor, for the team this meant a big adaptation and I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to this.

I hope we may welcome you again in the future for a different experience.