“Exellent :-)”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have had only one night but what we had was very good:
- great view in the 12th floor (see my video on vine)
- comfortable and modern rooms
- coffee machine (with less milk) for the "Good Morning Cup"
- close to the railway and metro station
- good service at the reception

Thanks to the team!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Marlene,

It really was our pleasure to have you here. Thank you very much for the Vine video with our view. We shared it via our Twitter account @thehotelbxl ;-)

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

stayed july 2013 as part of a tour group, the rooms were luxury and suprisingly big and clean. The bathroom was very modern and clean. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Reception was a bit disorganised as a few on our tour group including my son had no rooms allocated. However they did sort that out in the end. Breakfast was a buffet and was very good. Views from the hotel are great. Highly recommended place to stay - wish we could have stayed on longer!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear David704,

I am very delighted to read that you wish you could have stayed longer. It sounds like you had a great time here, and I hope we may welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is in a great location to see Brussels attractions! Very busy but the hotel staff always takes the time to pay attention to your specific request or need. I had long and busy days for work mixed with seeing the city at night time. The best part about the hotel is it offered perfect accomodation for me to recover and start over the next day!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Caressa,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service offered by our team, as well as your room.

I hope we all get to welcome you back to The Hotel again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We really enjoyed our honeymoon stay in the Hotel. Everything was perfect. The room was perfectly clean everyday, you are only 15-20 minutes walk distance from the Grand Place (the road to the Grand Place goes through beautiful park and quite clean streets with good stores where you can buy chocolates and etc.). We stayed in a Deluxe Panorama Room on 24th floor. The view was wonderful. You also have access to Panorama lounge where you can have breakfast. Excellent price/quality ratio! Do not hesitate visiting this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and the recommendation! I am pleased that you enjoyed your honeymoon at The Hotel, and hppe you will be back to celebrate your anniversaries as well;-)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Great location, very clean and up to date. Perfect! but windows can't be opened, the air con is so-so, so no sleep was posdible for me. The reception , supposed to be trendy, is just hortibly dark! you need a flash light! More seriously, it is understaffed and it is very irritating that staff have to answer the phone while checing in/out. Room price is fine, every thing else ridiculously expensive for Belgium.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gustav S,

Thank you for sharing feedback following your recent stay. The layout of the lobby is of course subject to taste. We have a lot of guests that really like the style & atmosphere.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations in a couple of areas, which have been addressed to the team. If you encountered difficulties with the airconditioning in your room I would appreciate it if you could share this with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be allowing me to follow-up. Please do remember that our team is available 24/7 to address any issues you may have - and make it up to you so you can enjoy the remainder of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

For the level of their services and room combination at the begining, I will rate it about 3.5~4. In the very beginning, they closed one front desk check-in counter with 10 people still lining up. This was not good and cost themselves 1~1.5 stars.

And, it is our company's summit meetings events in Brussels. Even though there are maybe only around 100+ rooms booked from us, they should still take care of us. We may not stay forever for the hotel. However, everything happened to us will travel. They also gave me a special 2 single beds room instead of queen size bed room that all my coworkers have.

THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING HAPPENED just after I came back with coworkers at night. My luggage was taken out of the room. 2 other people took my room. How could this happen to any hotels in the world? 2 other people touched my luggage and found my name card. It was amazing that one hotel can do such thing. This behavior took them all the stars.

THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED again. The front desk told me that they have no more 1 queen size bed room for me. They put me to another even worse 2 single beds room. After I negotiate with the manager, I got a upgrade. I never never never treated by any hotels like this before. As a gold elite of Hilton, silver elite of Marriott, silver elite of Hyatt, platinum elite of IHG, diamond elite of Best Western, platinum elite of choice hotels, gold elite of emirates, and so on. IHG usually automatically upgrade me 2 levels up (Niagara Falls Hilton). Marriott usually upgrade me to best room of top floor with living room, kitchen, ... (Hotel Bureaux)

When IHG hotel (intercontinetal hotels, crowne plaza, holiday inn...) made a mistake. They upgrade me to the best room of their hotel with extra points and treatment. Like the holiday inn yellowstone. They can't give me my king size bed room because they gave the hotel room to a wrong person. However, they didn't compel the previous hotel guest out. They gave me a high price room with 3 queen beds in 2 rooms... I mean...come on, is there anyone trained here in this hotel?????

Room Tip: Try to do some note so that they won't give a room to 3 people.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PhotoTrekkerWalomi
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear ypwalter,

I am very disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us, and I can only say that we are truly sorry for your experience.

Everything that you experienced should not have happened. Mistakes should not occur but when they do, they should be dealt with appropriately and with our guest's interest first in mind.
Your issue will be brought to our management's attention and all details will be reviewed in order to adapt our customer experience and satisfaction standards.
The importance of delivering a personalised experience is key for our hotel and we want our guests to feel at home.

Next to that I will personally get in touch with you to keep you informed, and I hope you will allow me to try to make it up to you.

My sincere apologies on behalf of the entire The Hotel Team.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were given a free upgrade because it was our honeymoon and it turned out they didn't have standard rooms with a double bed available.
Also the restaurant, although not cheap, was great.
The entire experience was just great - thank you very much.
What a view!!!
And a very special thank you to Enal, the receptionist.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Edwin,

Congratulations with your wedding! I'm delighted to read that we offered you a great honeymoon experience. I will pass on your kind message to Enal, I'm sure he will be delighted to read it as well!

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your 1st wedding anniversary;-) Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be so we can make it a memorable one...