“Excellence once again”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #16 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have just stayed at the Hotel once again, this time together with my wife, and enjoyed it once again. The rooms are very comfortable with lots of daylight, the bed and the duvets make you sleep like a baby and the shower reminds you of a waterfall in the Southamerican jungle....

But I still miss being able to open the windows in order to be able to listen to the city and breathe some fresh air. And you might consider equipping some of the rooms with a proper desk. It's very difficult to find a comfortable working position in the sofa with your laptop on the pivoting table.

Staying with you next week as well and already looking forward to it.... :-)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Poul,

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your second visit as much as your first!
Thanks for the comments, I will definitely share them with our management.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel next week!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

It's a well renovated hotel next to the Brussels fashion area. Large, well equipped and clean room with all the goodies (Nespresso coffe machine, I-Pod dock, etc.) you might need for a quiet and confortable stay.

Don't miss it, if you can afford it!

Dear Francesco,

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. I appreciate this very much, and hope we may welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Well, I'm so tired to explain my bad experience... Sorry, the hotel I recognized was beautiful, the room was good decorated but so much mistake about our booking and no correct information...and mistake of my invoice made us feel bad.

We booked a Feel Good Package with a deluxe room but finally nothing was feel good. We had the 2205 luxe room corner.

1. the massage is for 1hour and not 2 as the agent told me...anyway I paid the extra.

2. the lounge bar closed at 8.00pm and no 11.00pm as the agent told me, so we didn't drink anything. It was Saturday evening.

3. No bathroom, anyway the shower was good quality.

4. Just 1 bath towel when we arrived...we called the reception on 9.00pm

Well...these points were constated when we arrived... but the worst was the next day in the morning.

5. We suddlenly wake up by a big noise...like an earthquake last a long time... we called the reception, they said > we were down the fitness. We didn't stand anymore, we left the room and went to breakfast.

6. Well...how to say ? The choice was simple like most hotels BUT no eggs includ for a breakfast costing 19€ ! We have to pay extra > 3€ for classic, 5€ for omelet, 8€ for English style etc.... I didn't order some but I saw the plate > no extraordinary. Anyway, my opinion is : asking extra for an egg is not chic and elegant.

7. We cancelled our booking of the lunch in their restaurant because we felt bad...too much bad surprise gave us bad mood. We decided to leave and went to check out.

8. The reception informed us the extra for the massage, Ok we we said. So she said : Will you want an envelop for the invoice ? Yes we said. She gave us our envelop. My husband took it and range it in his jacket. She didn't show us the invoice before, she didn't inform us the amount. We trust her. We left the hotel, we didn't verify anything... But when we arrived at our home in Paris, we opened all our invoices checking the CB etc... and big suprise ! the hotel charge the parking for 35€. This charge was normally included in the Feel Good package.

So, I sended an email to inform them the error... I waited 12 hours, I called the hotel.

Finally I receipt a reply by mail with apologize and the refund.

I was rasssured by their comments of course but so much bad experience for just 1 evening...so I'm not sure If we will choose the same hotel for our next trip. We spend 365€.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Ms. Lily,

I am sorry that you have left us so disappointed. As you mention our Guest Relations Manager was directly in touch with you and reassured you; but I still find it important for both you and future guests to address and clarify all the mentioned points:

- The “Urban Spa Getaway” package includes 1 hour of treatment per day = 1 x 60 minutes or 2x 30 minutes. One person can enjoy a treatment of 1 hour, or 2 persons can both enjoy a treatment of 30 minutes. Parking is indeed included for this package. My sincere apologies that you were charged. In the meanwhile you have been refunded, and we have reminded our team to be more attentive.
- The Panorama Lounge has different opening hours during week and week-end: from Monday to Friday the Panorama Lounge is open from 7:00 to 23:00, on Saturday/Sunday and Bank Holidays it is accessible from 12:00 until 20:00. We received the wrong check-in date which you later rectified. The misunderstanding about the opening hours might be related to this date switch. The opening hours are also indicated on the keycards we provide during check-in.
- We have different bath room types available. You stayed in a Deluxe Panorama Corner room with an open bathroom offering a unique view on the city, and which is most popular with our guests. However we also have rooms available with closed bathrooms offering bath or shower. Guests that have a preference may always inform us.
- My sincere apologies for the noise & the fact that your room was not equipped like it should have been upon your arrival. I can assure you that both issues have been addressed to our management to take action and avoid this from happening again.
- We really appreciate reviews since they offer us very useful insights. Recently we received similar feedback related to breakfast, and our management is looking into adapting our breakfast concept.

I am happy to read that you found the design of The Hotel beautiful, and I truly hope you enjoyed your time in Brussels.

Should you wish to stay with us again in the future please contact me directly, and I will personally ensure your next stay goes smoothly.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The simple fact of the matter is that this property is - for the number of stars it purports to have - merely average. There's certainly nothing wrong with the hotel: the staff is competent, the rooms are clean, the amenities are in good repair, and the general design aesthetic is well executed. There is an uninspired lounge area with a small drinks menu, a reasonable restaurant with somewhat expensive lunch and dinner offerings, and a customary over-priced jewellery store in the lobby. The hotel is reasonably well situated in the centre of the city, and offers rapid access to both public transit and main traffic thoroughfares.

Nothing about those statements is surprising at the 4-star level, but nothing about those statements is anything other than squarely, perfectly average either. If you're looking for a safe, relatively pleasant option at a business-traveller price, The Hotel is a good bet. If, however, you're looking for anything with real style, substance, character, charm, or luxury, then you had best explore another option.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Daniel,

I am sorry to hear that unlike other reviewers you did not like our style or character. This is of course subject to taste, and I can only advise guests who are thinking about staying here to have a look at the pictures on our website to check if our style appeals to them.

With regards to the other remarks just one clarifcation: the jewellery store doesn't belong to The Hotel.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have had only one night but what we had was very good:
- great view in the 12th floor (see my video on vine)
- comfortable and modern rooms
- coffee machine (with less milk) for the "Good Morning Cup"
- close to the railway and metro station
- good service at the reception

Thanks to the team!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Marlene,

It really was our pleasure to have you here. Thank you very much for the Vine video with our view. We shared it via our Twitter account @thehotelbxl ;-)

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

stayed july 2013 as part of a tour group, the rooms were luxury and suprisingly big and clean. The bathroom was very modern and clean. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Reception was a bit disorganised as a few on our tour group including my son had no rooms allocated. However they did sort that out in the end. Breakfast was a buffet and was very good. Views from the hotel are great. Highly recommended place to stay - wish we could have stayed on longer!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear David704,

I am very delighted to read that you wish you could have stayed longer. It sounds like you had a great time here, and I hope we may welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is in a great location to see Brussels attractions! Very busy but the hotel staff always takes the time to pay attention to your specific request or need. I had long and busy days for work mixed with seeing the city at night time. The best part about the hotel is it offered perfect accomodation for me to recover and start over the next day!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Caressa,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service offered by our team, as well as your room.

I hope we all get to welcome you back to The Hotel again soon.